Petition for awareness

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
dermodemon

Re: Petition for awareness

Post by dermodemon » 11 May 2024, 11:49

MontyTheAverage wrote:
07 May 2024, 23:30
n1zoo wrote:
06 May 2024, 11:21
You won't really get anywhere with it. The real problem is identified in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9TgNFu1l3Y I have had very little contact with this video maker, and this is surely the same problem that we are all here for. Jagged edges, low lod, pop-in, shimmering, floaty mouse feeling, hitreg issues, desynchronization - it all comes down to one problem. The problem with all this is that Intel ME or AMD PSP is said to be blocked and damaged, so the computer does not work as it should. This cause problems between the CPU and PCH bus. Worst of all, it is very difficult to solve. It is detailed in the video comments.
I don't know why It has happened to every system I have tried... I tried almost 10 different PCs/laptops with different specs. All same issues
Let's try to make it public. Can we share this video with ASROCK/Gigabyte/MSI support? I think it will be easy for them to fix this with new bios?

delve

Post by delve » 11 May 2024, 14:01

I just installed an old intel me driver that came with my mobo and it fixed 2 problems that I had:

- After alt-tabbing windows explorer would be unresponsive for 20-30 seconds

- weird coil whine like noises when i moved the mouse in desktop

I wasn't aware intel me could cause such weird problems.

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 11 May 2024, 14:15

delve wrote:
11 May 2024, 14:01

- weird coil whine like noises when i moved the mouse in desktop

This* is because cpu power savings, like c6 c1e states. I disabled on of them or all right after my 2013 y am3+ build

* in speakers

n1zoo

Post by n1zoo » 11 May 2024, 23:54

dermodemon wrote:
11 May 2024, 11:49
MontyTheAverage wrote:
n1zoo wrote:
You won't really get anywhere with it. The real problem is identified in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9TgNFu1l3Y I have had very little contact with this video maker, and this is surely the same problem that we are all here for. Jagged edges, low lod, pop-in, shimmering, floaty mouse feeling, hitreg issues, desynchronization - it all comes down to one problem. The problem with all this is that Intel ME or AMD PSP is said to be blocked and damaged, so the computer does not work as it should. This cause problems between the CPU and PCH bus. Worst of all, it is very difficult to solve. It is detailed in the video comments.
I don't know why It has happened to every system I have tried... I tried almost 10 different PCs/laptops with different specs. All same issues
Let's try to make it public. Can we share this video with ASROCK/Gigabyte/MSI support? I think it will be easy for them to fix this with new bios?
As the video creator says, this problem cannot be fixed on your current computer. He said it can only be fixed by buying a boxed cpu, a new motherboard and the original version of windows. And that's still no guarantee that everything will work perfectly. It's more like a lottery. In this case, it's better to buy a new computer outright from a person, or from a shop where you can test it before you buy it.

Here's footage of him on a fully correct PC. Video quality is beautiful, no noise, jagged edges and shimmering effect. The sens itself is low, but every pixel micro movement is instant and sharp.
https://youtu.be/FsT3KnKJeNM?si=-EPelTLFHs_2EJDh

More additional examples and context for this topic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNjYleJCsR8

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 12 May 2024, 18:54

This is all quite promising. I’m sure for one person to fix a fundamental issue this large would be impossible, which is why the video creator stated so. But if a dev team were made aware of this issue it could be resolved potentially.

As it currently stands with regards to the statement of a real version of windows having an affect on this issue is rather a large claim. I wonder if there’s a way to prove this beyond reasonable doubt as I’m sure if that were done it would get the ball rolling much faster towards resolving.

Good work to the author for potentially identifying where the issue stems from!

daemonjax

Post by daemonjax » 13 May 2024, 09:04

You can disable the windows OS's ability to communicate with IME by disabling the appropriate hardware devices, and everything still will work just fine.

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 13 May 2024, 16:25

daemonjax wrote:
13 May 2024, 09:04
You can disable the windows OS's ability to communicate with IME by disabling the appropriate hardware devices, and everything still will work just fine.
As in the pc will still boot and windows will run, yes 100%.

As in the specific issue highlighted in the video, care to provide proof in the form of the slowed down videos that everything is working fine in terms of video rendering smoothness? As the proof is in the pudding. Thanks.

loltakoo

Post by loltakoo » 13 May 2024, 18:31

n1zoo wrote:
11 May 2024, 23:54
dermodemon wrote:
MontyTheAverage wrote:
n1zoo wrote:
As the video creator says, this problem cannot be fixed on your current computer. He said it can only be fixed by buying a boxed cpu, a new motherboard and the original version of windows. And that's still no guarantee that everything will work perfectly. It's more like a lottery. In this case, it's better to buy a new computer outright from a person, or from a shop where you can test it before you buy it.

Here's footage of him on a fully correct PC. Video quality is beautiful, no noise, jagged edges and shimmering effect. The sens itself is low, but every pixel micro movement is instant and sharp.

you tested 4 different PC's LAN (mentioned in another post) and still had the problem, you tried several different builds and still you say about a "perfect" "like lottery" build and due to Intel ME or AMD conflict with PCH, lol

I apologize but there is no logic, you are old at this and you know it.

btw, about the "ideal" PC, I already bought a complete PC from a pro tier 1 friend from my country, also a keyboard mouse from other professionals here and I still have/had the same symptoms, nothing has changed.

I've also been to a gaming house (as mentioned before you can look for the old posts) with several professionals without any problems and I still had them

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 13 May 2024, 20:58

loltakoo wrote:
13 May 2024, 18:31
n1zoo wrote:
11 May 2024, 23:54
dermodemon wrote:
MontyTheAverage wrote:

you tested 4 different PC's LAN (mentioned in another post) and still had the problem, you tried several different builds and still you say about a "perfect" "like lottery" build and due to Intel ME or AMD conflict with PCH, lol

I apologize but there is no logic, you are old at this and you know it.

btw, about the "ideal" PC, I already bought a complete PC from a pro tier 1 friend from my country, also a keyboard mouse from other professionals here and I still have/had the same symptoms, nothing has changed.

I've also been to a gaming house (as mentioned before you can look for the old posts) with several professionals without any problems and I still had them
Some nice anecdotes.

But compared to the effort and proof provided in the videos without reciprocation, there’s not much to go on unfortunately.

It’s pretty easy to prvide a screenshot of me as I did to show whether it’s running or not at the very least.

If you’re still experiencing these symptoms but you can show us it’s running for you, that should be sufficient.

ahead

Post by ahead » 14 May 2024, 01:34

"Input lag" or "desync"—whatever you choose to call it—existed long before Intel ME or AMD PSP were first added to CPUs by Intel and AMD.