2023 Esports Optimization Guide

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
imprecise

Re: 2023 Esports Optimization Guide

Post by imprecise » 16 Dec 2023, 01:55

oenay wrote:
09 Nov 2023, 20:57
Do you all not think its the internet or servers on face it who makes this delay?
I have been testing different ISPs in my area and found they all suffer from a constant packetloss issue. There is a new setting in CS2 that shows connection problems, and even though it's showing a connection problem and 1% packetloss most of the game, the results at the end of the game only show 2 dropped packets. It looks like the console results are unreliable and hide packetloss.

I think the solution is to use a "tier 1" provider. This includes AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile in the USA. They aren't available in my area at this time so I'm exploring different options, such as connecting to a VPN with tier 1 routing.
oenay wrote:
09 Nov 2023, 21:25
Hi, i have an asus rog strix x570 f gaming with amd 5600x. Can you help me with the bios to disable all power savings and all to have low dpc latency?
Sorry for the delay... If you're still looking for this info, try these settings:

In BIOS, disable power saving features, SMT, and hyperthreading.

In Windows, using Process Lasso on performance mode and highest performance profile should take care of the rest.

imprecise

Post by imprecise » 19 Dec 2023, 08:03

I found this video to use free cloudflare VPN app and it seems to help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnSs1Vnp3JU

I still have tons of packetloss on my current internet, but I can actually see it in my movement now instead of it being smoothed out. My movement is constantly teleporting back and forward, but before using this my movement looked completely normal except I was getting destroyed by lagged interpolation.

I was playing a premier match in cs2 and noticed I was pretty much getting ddosed every time I looked at an enemy... found this video and the console command doesn't seem to be valid anymore but I think the steam setting of hiding IP is necessary, especially with the recent hacks being focused on this exploit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdWAYjq46tw

Kyouki

Post by Kyouki » 19 Dec 2023, 08:20

oenay wrote:
09 Nov 2023, 21:25
In BIOS, disable power saving features, SMT, and hyperthreading.

In Windows, using Process Lasso on performance mode and highest performance profile should take care of the rest.
imho for a Ryzen Processor I wouldn't recommend disabling SMT (hyperthreading), doesn't make sense nor is there benefit in doing so.
Only option you could tweak or mess with is C-states, which will prevent the system from going into certain power-saving settings. Though these rarely really mess with gaming as of late as it tends to be heavy load regardless.
CPU: AMD R7 5800x3D ~ PBO2Tuner -30 ~ no C states
RAM: Gskill Bdie 2x16gb TridentZ Neo ~ CL16-16-16-36 1T ~ fine tuned latency
GPU: ASUS TUF 3080 10G OC Edition(v1/non-LHR) ~ disabled Pstates ~ max oced
Monitor: Alienware AW2521H ~ mix of ULMB/Gsync @ 240hz/360hz
More specs: https://kit.co/Kyouki/the-pc-that-stomps-you

babooz99

Post by babooz99 » 01 Jan 2024, 20:26

I think this helped me... no more desync for 2 weeks. I also put my computer on a table instead of floor idk if that helped

espresso

Post by espresso » 02 Jan 2024, 03:36

babooz99 wrote:
01 Jan 2024, 20:26
I think this helped me... no more desync for 2 weeks. I also put my computer on a table instead of floor idk if that helped
Was was your thread deleted?