(INTEL ONLY) An easy way to instantly lower input latency

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
dougg0k

Re: (INTEL ONLY) An easy way to instantly lower input latency

Post by dougg0k » 27 Jun 2023, 20:38

sherifmagdy32 wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 20:30
dougg0k wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 20:28
sherifmagdy32 wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 20:24
dougg0k wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 20:23

Lol, that is a different script, for interrupt affinity. I suppose it needs to be looked upon too.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Yeah, I dont know almost anything about powershell, but I wanted to automate these repetitive processes, so that's what I been doing.
Sorry about that it is 4:30 am here :lol:
i tried the right script giving the same last error
Haha, It's fine, at least there is feedback. That is a different error now, I suppose the value being fetched are not only numbers, that why the errors.

This is what I have been saying, instructions from djdallmann doesnt seem to include complete information, which is why I was not confident in the script being 100%. Like if there were a scenario with non-numbers. I suppose it will stay broken till someone who understand the domain part of it are able to fix or provide complete information. Maybe in a PR.

sherifmagdy32

Post by sherifmagdy32 » 27 Jun 2023, 20:46

dougg0k wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 20:38
sherifmagdy32 wrote:
dougg0k wrote:
sherifmagdy32 wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 20:24

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Yeah, I dont know almost anything about powershell, but I wanted to automate these repetitive processes, so that's what I been doing.
Haha, It's fine, at least there is feedback. That is a different error now, I suppose the value being fetched are not only numbers, that why the errors.

This is what I have been saying, instructions from djdallmann doesnt seem to include complete information, which is why I was not confident in the script being 100%. Like if there were a scenario with non-numbers. I suppose it will stay broken till someone who understand the domain part of it are able to fix or provide complete information. Maybe in a PR.
Oh well hopefully someone figure this out soon enough
Thanks for your time really appreciate it

dougg0k

Post by dougg0k » 27 Jun 2023, 20:48

sherifmagdy32 wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 20:46
dougg0k wrote:
sherifmagdy32 wrote:
dougg0k wrote:

Yeah, for sure.

btw I updated the interrupt affinity script, maybe it wont give those errors anymore.

sherifmagdy32

Post by sherifmagdy32 » 27 Jun 2023, 20:50

dougg0k wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 20:48
sherifmagdy32 wrote:
dougg0k wrote:
sherifmagdy32 wrote:

Yeah, for sure.

btw I updated the interrupt affinity script, maybe it wont give those errors anymore.
oh cool
will check it out later tomorrow i can barley stay awake and will report the output

dougg0k

Post by dougg0k » 27 Jun 2023, 22:21

sherifmagdy32 wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 20:50
dougg0k wrote:
sherifmagdy32 wrote:
dougg0k wrote:

Yeah, for sure.

oh cool
will check it out later tomorrow i can barley stay awake and will report the output
Yeah, be sure to get latest update when you do.

I just had an idea about the non-numeric issue that was happening in the imod usb script, I built a solution, but again, it addressed the problem, but I dont have an intel to know that is going to the right values / address space, someone should test and someone with domain understanding should review and fix if not correct.

I know that for AMD it is not correct, since all I get are zeroes when checking manually.

But, at least now should be closer to be properly implemented.

sherifmagdy32

Post by sherifmagdy32 » 28 Jun 2023, 00:07

dougg0k wrote:
27 Jun 2023, 22:21
sherifmagdy32 wrote:
dougg0k wrote:
sherifmagdy32 wrote:

Yeah, for sure.

oh cool

I just had an idea about the non-numeric issue that was happening in the imod usb script, I built a solution, but again, it addressed the problem, but I dont have an intel to know that is going to the right values / address space, someone should test and someone with domain understanding should review and fix if not correct.

I know that for AMD it is not correct, since all I get are zeroes when checking manually.

Does this mean it worked ??
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (104.86 KiB) Viewed 2074 times

dougg0k

Post by dougg0k » 28 Jun 2023, 07:58

sherifmagdy32 wrote:
28 Jun 2023, 00:07
dougg0k wrote:
sherifmagdy32 wrote:
dougg0k wrote:

Yeah, for sure.

oh cool

It means it ran and without errors, so yes in a way, though now what remains is for someone to check/test if the implementation are correct or not (pointing/changing to the right value) and also figure out what to do for AMD.

Update:

BoringBoredom have been helping out in answering questions at https://github.com/djdallmann/GamingPCSetup/issues/12
Now I am very close to fully understanding, maybe there is a possible solution to be built. But it's going to take more time.

sherifmagdy32

Post by sherifmagdy32 » 28 Jun 2023, 23:22

dougg0k wrote:
28 Jun 2023, 07:58
sherifmagdy32 wrote:
28 Jun 2023, 00:07
dougg0k wrote:
sherifmagdy32 wrote:

oh cool

It means it ran and without errors, so yes in a way, though now what remains is for someone to check/test if the implementation are correct or not (pointing/changing to the right value) and also figure out what to do for AMD.

Update:

BoringBoredom have been helping out in answering questions at https://github.com/djdallmann/GamingPCSetup/issues/12
Now I am very close to fully understanding, maybe there is a possible solution to be built. But it's going to take more time.
Oh cool great work waiting for the final ver

Mimi123

Post by Mimi123 » 17 Jul 2023, 16:14

Hello,

Thank you for your work, amazing stuff!

Although when running the script I get an error as enclosed. Do you have any idea where it comes from? My drivers are up to date
Attachments
probleme2.png
probleme2.png (13.5 KiB) Viewed 1450 times