Did anyone ever figure out how to fix clown cursor cause by secure boot?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
TommioTTV

Re: Did anyone ever figure out how to fix clown cursor cause by secure boot?

Post by TommioTTV » 03 Oct 2023, 10:42

Mr1991 wrote:
30 May 2023, 07:56
I think it was tras, it’s been a while, it was that or one of the main ram timings, you have to keep trying them until one feels right, lowers is not always better

And yes it’s usually called “Wake on USB” I believe, mind you this was on my pc probably from over 10 years ago, and I haven’t seen any boards have this from 2015 onwards or so, I think Asrock had it last I saw

Also another thing I find helps booting from is changing the boot gpu device, I forgotten its exact name, but if I change it to pcie (where my graphics card is) instead of auto or anything else I found my mouse control was slightly more accurate, (all tested on an aim trainer)
Enabling "Wake on USB/PCI-E" for a device (mouse or keyboard) simply prevents a USB device from entering low power/idle states which can help with maintaining a constant clean voltage. In addition, enabling "Wake" on a USB devices will consequently load the wake device driver at a lower layer in the driver stack during the kernel initialization layer rather than the typical application initialization layer. As a side effect, when servicing IRPs (I/O request packets) propagation for such device takes place at an earlier point of the driver stack than other components.

Mr1991

Re: Did anyone ever figure out how to fix clown cursor cause by secure boot?

Post by Mr1991 » 21 Dec 2023, 16:40

Wasn’t talking about any Windows setting, it was a bios setting which when my pc was off sometimes the light on my mouse would stay on, and I could click the mouse to turn it on.

But yes you make good points in which order they load etc, which is most likely why almost every boot can feel slightly different