This may solve the mouse acceleration problem that's plaguing you!

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
dougg0k

Re: This may solve the mouse acceleration problem that's plaguing you!

Post by dougg0k » 04 Aug 2023, 11:36

I agree, is there a url that contains the forum post and the source which the chinese person got the tweak from? Because afaik that MouseAccel reg doesnt even exists.

Syykfk

Post by Syykfk » 04 Aug 2023, 18:28

TN_fun wrote:
04 Aug 2023, 06:41
Most useless placebo commands i've ever seen.
You might want to try it yourself. It won't take you long.
I've got several top 100 records in the world in KovaaK's. I can tell it's not a placebo.

Syykfk

Post by Syykfk » 04 Aug 2023, 18:31

dougg0k wrote:
04 Aug 2023, 11:36
I agree, is there a url that contains the forum post and the source which the chinese person got the tweak from? Because afaik that MouseAccel reg doesnt even exists.
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1mv4y1 ... bab5898ad1
This is the source address.
MouseAccel really doesn't exist in the original registry. You need to add it yourself.

eropsy

Post by eropsy » 05 Aug 2023, 06:14

Syykfk wrote:
04 Aug 2023, 18:31
dougg0k wrote:
MouseAccel really doesn't exist in the original registry. You need to add it yourself.
Good finding, i definitely feel improvement, always thought there is hidden acceleration. Thank you

wilkN

Post by wilkN » 05 Aug 2023, 07:35

Syykfk wrote:
28 Jul 2023, 08:57
I am a player from China and I am currently a player of Valor Mythos 3.
I really like this forum and I have learned a lot so I would like to share my knowledge as well. One thing I would like to share is a registry change. It may fix your mouse acceleration/"floating" feeling problem.
First go to the registry and go to the following directory: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse
Create a new string value in Mouse and name it MouseAccel, set its value to 0 (as in Figure 1)批注 2023-07-28 214714.png, then restart your computer and feel the difference it makes.

You can also change the value of MouseSpeed to -, the correct minus sign is to the right of the number 0 on the keyboard, or you can choose to copy my "-"." MouseSpeed" is the "Improve pointer accuracy" in the Mouse Properties in System Settings, 0=unchecked, 1=checked. fps gamers usually choose to leave it unchecked, and changing it to "-" in the registry will give you a different feel.

The above two changes do not conflict or oppose each other, they have a stacked result. Together they will affect the way you feel.
If you don't like the feeling, just delete the MouseAccel string or change MouseSpeed back to 0.
I assure you, this is not a placebo and it will definitely affect your mouse speed.

Another registry change has to do with display scaling. It is associated with (Figure 2)批注 2023-07-28 214750.png
First go to the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration
There are many folders in there, click on Edit, then Find, type in Scaling and press F. (It's okay to delete the bunch, it will be generated automatically after reboot).
Modify only the values of the scaling ratio. Fullscreen=3, Aspect Ratio=4, No Scaling=2,0 are the ones I personally tested and downloaded the most.
This modification also affects the feel, it is recommended to backup the registry before modification. Just in case you can't adapt.
What are you using in your SmoothMouseXCurve that doesnt seem default?

dougg0k

Post by dougg0k » 05 Aug 2023, 09:30

Syykfk wrote:
04 Aug 2023, 18:31
dougg0k wrote:
No, that is not what is meant, you can add any string REG in there, doesnt mean it will be read/used by the system. That's why it was considered placebo.

Can you find the source from which that person in the video got it from?

timecard

Post by timecard » 05 Aug 2023, 09:39

Setting HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse\MouseSpeed="-" just defaults the value to 0 (zero).

You can confirm this for yourself using this script I made which uses the official Microsoft API retrieve active mouse values via SystemParametersInfo & SPI_GETMOUSE.

Reference:
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windo ... etersinfoa

1. Download Powershell Script:

Code: Select all

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/djdallmann/GamingPCSetup/master/CONTENT/SCRIPTS/SPI_GETMOUSE.ps1
2. Open Powershell as Admin, change your execution policy temporarily. (default: Restricted)

Set-ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

3. Go to the folder you saved it in e.g.

cd C:\Users\username\Downloads
4. Run the script and it'll write the current active values every few seconds to the terminal.

e.g.

C:\Users\yourusername\Downloads> .\SPI_GETMOUSE.ps1
MouseThreshold1: 0 - MouseThreshold2: 0 - MouseSpeed: 0 SpeedValue: 10 (enhanced pointer precision disabled via control panel, also sets threshold values to 0)
MouseThreshold1: 6 - MouseThreshold2: 10 - MouseSpeed: 1 SpeedValue: 10 (enhanced pointer precision (EPP) enabled, sets Microsoft default threshold values for acceleration)
MouseThreshold1: 6 - MouseThreshold2: 10 - MouseSpeed: 0 SpeedValue: 10 (what you'll get if you enabled EPP then set MouseSpeed "-")

milojr21

Post by milojr21 » 05 Aug 2023, 10:38

seems like placebo. tested and no difference in game to me

holiday

Post by holiday » 05 Aug 2023, 23:44

I also researched windows mouse acceleration and I never found a registry entry named with mouseacceleration.

It was always since windows starts mouse acceleration:

MouseSpeed
MouseThreshold1
MouseThreshold2

later they changed to:

MouseSpeed
MouseThreshold1
MouseThreshold2
SmoothMousexCurve
SmoothMouseyCurve

With adding the smoothmousecurves windows changed they way how mouse acceleration works.
The thresholds are no longer in use.

I agree in one point of your post that the mouse in csgo feels strange. The engine of csgo has a problem that was never solved complete.
They code in the old way how windows mouse acceleration worked:

Windows: / Csgo:
MouseSpeed / m_mousespeed
MouseThreshold1 / m_mouseaccel1
MouseThreshold2 / m_mouseaccel2

Syykfk

Post by Syykfk » 07 Aug 2023, 02:51

wilkN wrote:
05 Aug 2023, 07:35
Syykfk wrote:
28 Jul 2023, 08:57
I am a player from China and I am currently a player of Valor Mythos 3.
I really like this forum and I have learned a lot so I would like to share my knowledge as well. One thing I would like to share is a registry change. It may fix your mouse acceleration/"floating" feeling problem.
First go to the registry and go to the following directory: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse
Create a new string value in Mouse and name it MouseAccel, set its value to 0 (as in Figure 1)批注 2023-07-28 214714.png, then restart your computer and feel the difference it makes.

You can also change the value of MouseSpeed to -, the correct minus sign is to the right of the number 0 on the keyboard, or you can choose to copy my "-"." MouseSpeed" is the "Improve pointer accuracy" in the Mouse Properties in System Settings, 0=unchecked, 1=checked. fps gamers usually choose to leave it unchecked, and changing it to "-" in the registry will give you a different feel.

The above two changes do not conflict or oppose each other, they have a stacked result. Together they will affect the way you feel.
If you don't like the feeling, just delete the MouseAccel string or change MouseSpeed back to 0.
I assure you, this is not a placebo and it will definitely affect your mouse speed.

Another registry change has to do with display scaling. It is associated with (Figure 2)批注 2023-07-28 214750.png
First go to the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration
There are many folders in there, click on Edit, then Find, type in Scaling and press F. (It's okay to delete the bunch, it will be generated automatically after reboot).
Modify only the values of the scaling ratio. Fullscreen=3, Aspect Ratio=4, No Scaling=2,0 are the ones I personally tested and downloaded the most.
This modification also affects the feel, it is recommended to backup the registry before modification. Just in case you can't adapt.
What are you using in your SmoothMouseXCurve that doesnt seem default?
I used MarkC's Remove Mouse Acceleration. So my SmoothMouseXCurve value is not the same as the default. But now I removed SmoothMouseXCurve and SmoothMouseYCurve. i feel better.