I'm VALO pro, still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong or what is going on!

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
phaze

I'm VALO pro, still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong or what is going on!

Post by phaze » 05 Sep 2023, 13:03

Hey,

I really don't know, my PC/account feels like absolute garbage compared to when playing on my teammate's accounts/PC, and sometimes even when I tried their accounts on my PC, their accounts sensitivity feels faster on the X/Y axis and feels way smoother, even though same PC, same network + same config/settings. It's driving me crazy. (Also I created a fresh account to see, it definitely feels much better)

Their killmark shows instant on their accounts but on my account it feels delayed, laggy, literally can't react on enemies on my account/PC, it's like my game is set to GOD mode.

NVIDIA Settings:

https://imgur.com/a/wbw3vL2 + Aspect ratio + Display, I tried every combination in those settings.

In-game settings:
Everything low, except Anti-Aliasing set to 2x + sometimes 1280x960 res, sometimes 1920x1080, absolutely no difference

What happens on my PC/Account is that the mouse doesn't feel as smooth as on other PCs, it feels sluggish or low frequency. even though it's a brand new superlight, tried DA V3 pro too. and still.

Tried deleting alot of inactive friends in-game.

Tried using 400/800/1600 dpi. no difference.

Tried Network Buffering settings in-game and still no chance.

Tried turnin off all adapter power-saving options.

Tried Win10/Win11.

Tried hard-resetting game config thru the AppData directory.

Tried process lasso where I used the even cores.

Tried High performance/Ultimate performance.

Tried bcdedit /set disabledynamictick yes + bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off.

I have Global C-States in BIOS off + SMT off + SVM off, Tried both ON too + PBO Enabled + XMP ON + Resizable bar ON.

Tried disabling HPET from Windows.

Tried disabling the unused drivers from Device Manager so it decreases the CPU time for drivers to pull.

Tried Disabling fullscreen optimization + the High DPI thing.

Tried disabling GeForce Experience/Shadowplay.

Tried updating Drivers.

Tried disabling every app that uses Hardware-Acceleration

Tried using HAGS.

Tried BIOS updates/GPU updates/Vbios Update.

Tried fresh Windows installation.

I just don't know, I really need help fixing this, I literally can't react to enemies at all they are much faster (Doesn't happen on the VALORANT Tournament realm client btw).

I contacted support and they absolutely have no idea what I'm saying or what is happening.

PapaJuan

Re: I'm VALO pro, still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong or what is going on!

Post by PapaJuan » 05 Sep 2023, 13:50

Off the top of my head, you could try a few things:

Installing a custom OS like revi OS. You can technically do many tweaks by yourself, but this will do alot of them for you.

Apply MarcC Fix mouse fix. I think this shouldn't matter when you use raw input, but it makes your mouse movement 1:1 in windows.

Then just watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGDRL87tg5s

This guy has many videos that you may find helpful.

Tiberiusmoon

Re: I'm VALO pro, still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong or what is going on!

Post by Tiberiusmoon » 05 Sep 2023, 14:08

Try:

bcdedit /set tscsyncpolicy enhanced

Download https://github.com/SanGraphic/QuickBoost and click the following:
Enable Exclusive Full-screen & disable Xbox Gamebar.

Disable mouse acceleration.

phaze

Post by phaze » 05 Sep 2023, 14:09

PapaJuan wrote:
05 Sep 2023, 13:50
Off the top of my head, you could try a few things:

Installing a custom OS like revi OS. You can technically do many tweaks by yourself, but this will do alot of them for you.

Apply MarcC Fix mouse fix. I think this shouldn't matter when you use raw input, but it makes your mouse movement 1:1 in windows.

Then just watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGDRL87tg5s

This guy has many videos that you may find helpful.
I doubt this mousefix will do anything to VALO, also this guy is really good and I watched all his videos and I tried many things he said and really no fix at all :/

One thing I hate about customOS, is cuz I just don't trust them.

phaze

Post by phaze » 05 Sep 2023, 14:22

Tiberiusmoon wrote:
05 Sep 2023, 14:08
Try:

bcdedit /set tscsyncpolicy enhanced

Download https://github.com/SanGraphic/QuickBoost and click the following:
Enable Exclusive Full-screen & disable Xbox Gamebar.

Disable mouse acceleration.
I tried this too enhanced tscsyncpolicy and still.

I disable xbox dvr and disable FSO as soon as I install new windows. but still :/

+ mouse acceleration is off, also valo uses raw input

Tiberiusmoon

Post by Tiberiusmoon » 05 Sep 2023, 15:03

Wait I just re-read your post, even their accounts are less laggy?
wut.
Are you able to save your friends settings file and transfer it to yours?

So disable cloud saves for your account and run the game with your friends settings file transfered.

Then run again with cloud updates so the cloud corrects/updates your settings.

cursed-gamer

Post by cursed-gamer » 05 Sep 2023, 15:50

You are doing nothing wrong just like me. It is one of the biggest gaming mysteries why this happens and for years no one can find the correct answer.

I was pretty certain that equipment once connected in "infected" area becomes shit until it worked for me for few hours like a charm in the early morning. I could kill in CS:GO effortlessly.

I was pretty certain that it's about the account but then I remembered that I had the same issue many many years ago in Wolfenstein Enemy Territory and Call of Duty 2 without Steam account.

mago

Post by mago » 05 Sep 2023, 16:30

turn on gpu msi mode + undefined

bcdedit:

tscsyncpolicy Enhanced
useplatformclock No
disabledynamictick Yes

and with Intelligent standby list cleaner ISLC
set timer to 0.5ms

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\kbdclass\Parameters]
"KeyboardDataQueueSize"=dword:0000003c

if not high-end cpu set 40dec
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\mouclass\Parameters]
"MouseDataQueueSize"=dword:00000014
Ⓢк𝕀lŁ เ𝓢 ᵗⒺм𝕡σr𝐀𝐑Ⓨ, lά𝔾 I𝐬 F𝔬ʳ𝔢𝓿ᗴ𝔯

imprecise

Post by imprecise » 05 Sep 2023, 18:13

This seems like something going on with the account.

I was reading the link below and it looks like it's a common issue that can be resolved by adjusting network buffer settings. There could also be GBs of data cached on your system from Valorant, and accessing that huge database and relaying info over the network simultaneously could cause lag.

https://www.reddit.com/r/VALORANT/comme ... r_account/