is bufferbloat a thing?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Kipperii

Re: is bufferbloat a thing?

Post by Kipperii » 23 Oct 2023, 00:07

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
22 Oct 2023, 00:22
zeasty09 wrote:
20 Oct 2023, 22:57
I just want to rule out electricity and emi
if everything is fine on offline just sluggish online can electricity be the reason??
because i was going to try solar system but not sure about it can you give your opinion from your experience?
can emi affect online performance only?
i just want to select the right path to dig on
Both are gambles. Pick your poison.

Router is a better gamble to solve (e.g. >10% odds of solving) than electric problems (e.g. less than 1% odds of solving).

You're SOL if you're expecting 100%, sorry.
I agree that there is no 100% solution. We can only find the method with the highest probability of solving the problem within an acceptable cost.

InputLagger

Re: is bufferbloat a thing?

Post by InputLagger » 23 Dec 2023, 00:06

zeasty09 wrote:
22 Oct 2023, 19:40
Chief Blur Buster wrote:
22 Oct 2023, 00:22
zeasty09 wrote:
20 Oct 2023, 22:57
I just want to rule out electricity and emi
if everything is fine on offline just sluggish online can electricity be the reason??
because i was going to try solar system but not sure about it can you give your opinion from your experience?
can emi affect online performance only?
i just want to select the right path to dig on
Both are gambles. Pick your poison.

Router is a better gamble to solve (e.g. >10% odds of solving) than electric problems (e.g. less than 1% odds of solving).

You're SOL if you're expecting 100%, sorry.
I'm not expecting 100%
But I'm just wondering if electricity can affect only online?
Also i suspect my internet because during the day the jitter is fluctuating a lot, im the only one using it but the tests of jitter are not stable and are high especially during day time (min +5ms), only during late night i can get some low jitter between 2ms and 10ms but as i told you not stable it's fluctuating during tests

I don't know if i can fix it with router or it's from isp end and there is nothing i can do? Or the other theory electricity affecting jitter?
That's why i asked for your opinion because im pretty sure you had enough experience.

The isp is not that good because sometimes during mid-game i feel a one second micro stutter and ping change (maybe i get another routing from isp during game i suspect??) and it changes the whole game either it gets worse or better that's why i don't trust my isp

Also when i use some vpns or routing enhancing services i get improvements but it's not perfect i get the rerouting and ping changes even with this services that's why i highly doubt the isp

And the problem is i have the best plan and best isp in my city right now, i don't know if downgrading is worth for better routing if not getting worse routing

My home is also full grounded, only router is running with no ground because it has standard plug with 2 prongs only.

What do you think chief, can electricity affect network jitter? But the thing is the jitter is getting enhanced and lowered by the routing enhancing services but not stable 100%...

I need your thoughts

Also can router solve the unstable jitter?
Because i have ftth 100up/down but rarely when i get 1ms jitter and if i get it, it will be for some few minutes and goes up between 5ms 10ms

i never experienced some high end tier routers, are the routers capable of stablizing the jitter even if it's from isp end?
The isp change will cost me 1year contract and i'm afraid of getting worse performance during this 1year contract

If third party services are capable of enhancing jitter then i think the routers can do it too? Or I'm wrong

Also another behaviour i noticed is sometimes when i force router restart to get new ip, the amount of jitter changes with every restart that's why i think it's from isp end...

Just give me your suggestions for this situation
Really appreciate it.

One more thing is i get 0ms jitter on basic jitter test websites
Waveform/Bufferbloat is the only source im relying on because the numbers here do affect my gameplay (like when i get low jitter here the performance are also good a little bit in-game)

Can you provide any reliable tool to test jitter?

I don't know why but all the websites i tried through my google findings shows 1ms or 2ms max of jitter and waveform website is the only one showing high values and when the values are low on waveform i can notice that ingame too.

Does waveform use some special algorithms or what?

Also when i complain to isp they say everything is good from their end because my ping doesn't move at all like 0ms spikes
Any news?