Maybe I was wrong

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Patrykelele

Maybe I was wrong

Post by Patrykelele » 04 Oct 2023, 14:36

I have always low ping, high bandwidth, good traces ect. The game always feel trash, but at night it's much better it can be 2 things internet/electricty. To make sure I don't have internet problem. Do you know any realibe internet test which I can do to verify if my internet is stable in games? I know these speedtest and ping commands are full of shit and doesn't represent anything even bufferbloat test.

delve

Re: Maybe I was wrong

Post by delve » 04 Oct 2023, 15:38

here is some stuff, that chatgpt recommended me a couple months back.

with nping you can ping a gaming server with udp or tcp packets and the server responds with icmp. The program then measures round trip latency, loss etc. I suggest you do this while being connected to the server in game, otherwise the server often will drop out packets quickly if you ping at high rate.

with wireshark you can look for out of order udp packets between you and the server.

you can make traceroute commands to the gaming server also with udp packets instead of icmp, on linux this is the default setting.

I did all these test for a couple of hours, the results were low latency, no loss, no out of order packets, but i was still facing 500-1000ms desync the entire time.

cursed-gamer

Post by cursed-gamer » 04 Oct 2023, 16:28

Interesting link here:

https://forum.mikrotik.com/viewtopic.php?t=191945

If your ISP is aggresively shaping traffic then forget about gaming. It has the lowest priority however number of players is growing.

Patrykelele

Post by Patrykelele » 04 Oct 2023, 19:48

cursed-gamer wrote:
04 Oct 2023, 16:28
Interesting link here:

If your ISP is aggresively shaping traffic then forget about gaming. It has the lowest priority however number of players is growing.
Yeah, that what i thought about it. My game only is playable at night, i mean it's still trash but you can kinda move. Can you tell me more about that?

cursed-gamer

Post by cursed-gamer » 04 Oct 2023, 20:02

Patrykelele wrote:
04 Oct 2023, 19:48
cursed-gamer wrote:
04 Oct 2023, 16:28
Interesting link here:

Yeah, that what i thought about it. My game only is playable at night, i mean it's still trash but you can kinda move. Can you tell me more about that?
Many other players were changing locations but it was not clear who was the main Internet provider there. Changing ISP doesn't mean COMPLETELY changing ISP to a new one. Many of them just lease infrastructure. Poland has been occupied by French Orange and so far I don't know anyone using their piece of shit fiber and perform well in games. They are heavily oversubscribed with ridiculous speeds that most of the customers don't need and do some fishy stuff to have it still under control. Nothing will change because it all depends on what customers demand.

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 22 Dec 2023, 23:23

Patrykelele wrote:
04 Oct 2023, 14:36
Do you know any realibe internet test which I can do to verify if my internet is stable in games? I know these speedtest and ping commands are full of shit and doesn't represent anything even bufferbloat test.
Iperf3 in udp mode with public or your own remote iperf server (preferred in one of your online game hosting datacenter)

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 23 Dec 2023, 13:42

IF you are talking about cs2, my cs2 is smooth now only over nights mostly, but its 99.9999 percent valve server issue, as everybody does have this issue these days + the servers are TRASH + faceit is much better and some custom servers even better without day/night difference.

cursed-gamer

Post by cursed-gamer » 23 Dec 2023, 18:27

InputLagger wrote:
22 Dec 2023, 23:23
Patrykelele wrote:
04 Oct 2023, 14:36
Do you know any realibe internet test which I can do to verify if my internet is stable in games? I know these speedtest and ping commands are full of shit and doesn't represent anything even bufferbloat test.
Iperf3 in udp mode with public or your own remote iperf server (preferred in one of your online game hosting datacenter)
it's gonna work only if server and host clocks are nearly perfect synchronized