Valorant issues always come back

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
13n47

Re: Valorant issues always come back

Post by 13n47 » 28 Dec 2023, 02:54

You should check out my previous post. The problem is how the game applies lag compensation based off the ping.

Now I've noticed throttling your packets can help correct the feel of the particular match, but the amount of milliseconds needed to throttle to get the game to be perfect is completely random due to the amount of lag comp applied. After taking a break from this game, I have tested this again and it's ridiculous how this problem is still not fixed by the devs.

I want you guys to open deathmatch, use clumsy and start messing with the throttle functionality. Change the milliseconds, percentages, etc. Do this for multiple matches. If you have a good eye for details, you will quickly notice how this method can affect how fast enemies move, whether your bullets are landing, whether the server registers your bullets instantly or with a delay and how much peekers advantage enemies seem to have. Do this for multiple matches. You may also try small packet loss or changing your latency to see the effects.

I have given this information publicly in the past, but it would be nice if someone could confirm from their end that this indeed changes the gunplay feel in the game.

Every hardware related change has short life span and does not help in fixing the problems in Valorant. It's all down to how the netcode behaves. Don't buy into placebos. Try my methods. It's lag comp or some weird buffering shit.

widow13

Post by widow13 » 28 Dec 2023, 11:28

I understand the lag compensation thingy but this issue persists on windows too.

Everythingblows

Post by Everythingblows » 28 Dec 2023, 12:38

Would lag compensation have anything to do with the display though? The worst aspect of the problem for me is that game looks horribly blurry and the camera does not seem to follow the cursor properly. FOV and scaling just seem completely messed up. It’s very noticeable when it temporarily goes back to normal and the game looks so clear. Even offline it’s terrible, along with the same input issues

widow13

Post by widow13 » 28 Dec 2023, 13:16

Everythingblows wrote:
28 Dec 2023, 12:38
Would lag compensation have anything to do with the display though? The worst aspect of the problem for me is that game looks horribly blurry and the camera does not seem to follow the cursor properly. FOV and scaling just seem completely messed up. It’s very noticeable when it temporarily goes back to normal and the game looks so clear. Even offline it’s terrible, along with the same input issues
Yah I don't think lag compensation would make game feel and look that terribly and first of all blurry, I believe its supposed to just feel like you have higher ping.

Everythingblows

Post by Everythingblows » 29 Dec 2023, 03:35

13n47 wrote:
28 Dec 2023, 02:54
You should check out my previous post. The problem is how the game applies lag compensation based off the ping.

Now I've noticed throttling your packets can help correct the feel of the particular match, but the amount of milliseconds needed to throttle to get the game to be perfect is completely random due to the amount of lag comp applied. After taking a break from this game, I have tested this again and it's ridiculous how this problem is still not fixed by the devs.

I want you guys to open deathmatch, use clumsy and start messing with the throttle functionality. Change the milliseconds, percentages, etc. Do this for multiple matches. If you have a good eye for details, you will quickly notice how this method can affect how fast enemies move, whether your bullets are landing, whether the server registers your bullets instantly or with a delay and how much peekers advantage enemies seem to have. Do this for multiple matches. You may also try small packet loss or changing your latency to see the effects.

I have given this information publicly in the past, but it would be nice if someone could confirm from their end that this indeed changes the gunplay feel in the game.

Every hardware related change has short life span and does not help in fixing the problems in Valorant. It's all down to how the netcode behaves. Don't buy into placebos. Try my methods. It's lag comp or some weird buffering shit.
I messed around with the app. It helped exactly the same as all the other temporary settings changes. Every time I change the lag, throttling, etc. settings the game functions pretty well but it wears off in like 10 seconds. The effect also gets smaller the more games I play. I really don’t think this issue has anything to do with lag compensation. I think the network adapter is just one of many parts of the PC that is malfunctioning due to an external problem and adjusting various settings helps re sync you with the game or something.

SirensOW

Post by SirensOW » 29 Dec 2023, 03:41

Turn off the 4k polling rate on the mouse, set it to 1000hz. Or try a whole different mouse completely

fa1kk

Post by fa1kk » 29 Dec 2023, 11:13

SirensOW wrote:
29 Dec 2023, 03:41
Turn off the 4k polling rate on the mouse, set it to 1000hz. Or try a whole different mouse completely
Does Not work, I have already tried to change the mouse, none of the mice can change that feeling, without 4k polling rate it feels worse.

BlurWickd

Post by BlurWickd » 29 Dec 2023, 13:20

I recommend testing out changing your texture filtering to quality/high quality - high performance typically gives you lower fps on higher end pcs. My game is also noticeably more laggier on high performance. Try change the clamp setting too, also seems to give me issues that're off and on. I don't know if its related but don't use the nvidia colors, it was giving me weird issues using them. What drivers do you have installed for the SSD controller btw because with my samsung evo 970 ssd it gives this issue too when using the samsung nvme controller driver.

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 30 Dec 2023, 01:34

widow13 wrote:
27 Dec 2023, 01:58
So a small update, I haven't played late night/early morning games for so long till I tried today.
Literally hit 35k games.

What I noticed is that range bots are insanely blurry when the issue exists but they are normal when it doesn't.
Can you capture this on screenshot / video not from external device?

widow13

Post by widow13 » 30 Dec 2023, 06:18

InputLagger wrote:
30 Dec 2023, 01:34
widow13 wrote:
27 Dec 2023, 01:58
So a small update, I haven't played late night/early morning games for so long till I tried today.
Literally hit 35k games.

What I noticed is that range bots are insanely blurry when the issue exists but they are normal when it doesn't.
Can you capture this on screenshot / video not from external device?
I wont be home for a while but I've done a few things on my PC and managed to maintain a playable level of lag.
Will see what I can do for you when I get back.