Valorant issues always come back

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Everythingblows

Re: Valorant issues always come back

Post by Everythingblows » 24 Dec 2023, 23:25

:cry:
widow13 wrote:
24 Dec 2023, 19:58
Same issue my man, I literally read your topic and checked to see if it was me that posted it.
Wanted to go pro as well but I've quited valorant multiple times because of the exact issue.
High elo player too and if the issue kicks in you can put me against bots and I'll still lose.

It's insanely blurry and stuttery when you move your mouse it's literally unplayable.
It always comes back after a certain time window which I don't understand tho.

I believe it could be the riot network servers but wouldn't famous streamers and other people have it too? No clue honestly.
I was going to write the same exact thing lol. You could’ve convinced I wrote this guys post with how similar the issues are. I really wonder what the admins of this site think when people repeatedly describe this set of symptoms over the years.

InputLagger

Post by InputLagger » 25 Dec 2023, 02:12

fa1kk wrote:
24 Dec 2023, 17:52
imprecise wrote:
24 Dec 2023, 10:09
fa1kk wrote:
05 Oct 2023, 20:45
Hey, guys I don't know, but my game feels like absolute garbage sometimes.
A bit off topic: I'm a high elo player, and I want to go pro, but this issue literally makes me crazy. I used to play 15+ games a day, but now I can't handle even 5, because of the issue. Because instead of playing, I'm searching for answers.

-So what is wrong?

- The game feels like 60hz, even though I have a 360 hz monitor. It's not smooth and I would say a little jittery, delayed, laggy, literally I can't react to enemies. It's hard to describe, but the game is becoming choppy for no reason, unless I change something within my PC, e.g. the nvidia driver or set it to another core and so on.

And how do I realize that the problem always comes back? ( and it always does after a couple of hours or days, or sometimes after a reboot).
So, when I begin to move my mouse really fast from left to right, I start to feel dizzy, due to a completely blurry or laggy feeling on the screen, and usually I immediately quit the game to find a temporary solution to this issue.

I have a few ideas... Since you have AW monitor, AWCC will auto-install during updates, and cause your power profile to switch to balanced instead of high. I would check this first.

The description of laggy 60hz feeling could be g-sync being on even if it's off in NVCP. Try toggling on/off.

There may be an issue with AW in general, but I haven't done testing on it. I've had 2 different AW 240hz displays and with AWCC disabled this one seems to work well, but I do still have issues with gameplay falling behind real-time. I'm almost certain I've narrowed it down to internet issues but I haven't eliminated the possibility of the monitor falling behind.

If it's not those issues, I would guess 90% or higher that it's an internet issue. I have noticed lately that my internet only works well for 1-2 games before returning to a complete mess. This is partially because the internet routes are overloaded and I don't have tier 1 priority at the ISP hubs. Another reason is there are a ton of hackers out there completely lagging everyone in the games they're in, so your network might have to be reset after encountering a lagged game. Make sure your IP is private/hidden from other players (it's a setting in steam, don't know about valorant) I think the DNS cache gets overfilled (this might also just be a general problem and not related to cheaters) so you can try ipconfig /flushdns. Other things to try are change dns server, or disable, enable your adapter, connect to a different DNS server, change VPN location. Unfortunately, this is such a widespread problem you might not be able to do much about it beyond paying for VPN and/or dedicated internet and keeping track of your routing for issues.

Oh and there has been a lot of solar flare activity, which could cause intermittent internet issues and damage the internet in general, which may or may not be repaired eventually. I think ISP recent emphasis on prioritization is a bigger issue than the solar flare activity, though. ISPs are selling gigabit to 40 people and then only connecting it to a 10gig connection and using software to fill in the difference. People still get gig speeds mostly but there is a sharing process that slows all the connections down.

I saw you have flow control disabled. Enabling flow control may or may not help... you can test the difference here: https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat
Just lowering the bufferbloat on client may not solve the issue though because most of the problem occurs later on in the route, in my experience. This setting will likely just feel different with new advantages/disadvantages.

And by the way, ferrari peeks are so noticeable when you have anyone in the game with 10+ ping from yours. Or is it just me noticing that everyone with higher ping is having a crazy advantage as a peeker, even though they are much lower ranks ( While playing dms ).

Try to recall: these Ferrari peeks exists, before this problem? Tell us your story, how you meet this "inputlag" and how youre playing before. Also many people aware of this issue, even youtube https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA ... =input+lag

widow13

Post by widow13 » 25 Dec 2023, 07:53

Switched to different expo profile yesterday which uses -400mhz and 0.1v lower and it made a big difference even tho I've tried that before.(not 100% fixed tho)
Now will it last more than half a day ? Probably not but we will see.

I believe experimenting with voltages will solve this 99%

fa1kk

Post by fa1kk » 25 Dec 2023, 07:55

widow13 wrote:
24 Dec 2023, 22:24
fa1kk wrote:
24 Dec 2023, 21:36
widow13 wrote:
24 Dec 2023, 19:58
Same issue my man, I literally read your topic and checked to see if it was me that posted it.
Wanted to go pro as well but I've quited valorant multiple times because of the exact issue.
High elo player too and if the issue kicks in you can put me against bots and I'll still lose.

It's insanely blurry and stuttery when you move your mouse it's literally unplayable.
It always comes back after a certain time window which I don't understand tho.

I believe it could be the riot network servers but wouldn't famous streamers and other people have it too? No clue honestly.
The funny thing is, I'm pretty sure we can fix that, by tuning the ram timings or finding the proper driver for your video card, and who knows what else, the list is huge.

You you can be moving to another country to get closer to the server to have a lower ping, get a better Internet provider, following the guides on how to build a PC, how to avoid daisy-chaining power cables, how to tape the end of loose power cables to reduce the risk of short-circuiting components, how to clean the pins and connectors of components, how to buy a better components, how to set up a better cooling, how to configure the USB port layout, to get zero input lag, and so on.

The issue here is while you are looking for a core problem, you will probably either give up, because you don't have time to play the game itself, or the deeper you go, the more you will get to know which is good, but is that information the reason you have started playing the game?

But on the other hand you are wasting time, since you are not doing ‘the thing’, which is playing the game and getting better, while you can literally just spend money to get a tweaking service from a professional, who has already tweaked hundreds of PCs. There are so many of them, and in my opinion, nowadays, you can find all the information you need, but at a GIGANTIC cost of your time. So it’s a hard pill to swallow, but sometimes you have to except the fact that if your knowledge is not enough you either learn all the stuff about the pc, or you pay someone, who have already done that, I’m dumb and that’s why I’m looking for a magic fix, and the more I look, the more I realize it’s a time waste.

Also, I haven't seen anyone talking about this, which makes me think that those people probably spent their money to get a tweaking service to get their PC completely responsive and smooth at the same time. Otherwise, they just feel completely resilient towards any ‘lags’.
It is actually true and I believe it is something to do with the bios and more importantly the ram because changing the ram timings usually makes the game run better even if it is for a little bit.
Guess I need to experiment with voltages and try to get them perfect and consistent.

I've actually bought optimize service before on a previous setup I had and I ended up having the same issues again as they didn't really pay attention to bios details so I guess they didn't really try helping.

I really want to fix it but I've had this issue for 2+ years now and I don't really know how much more I can handle.
It seems you were deceived, because the optimization starts with the bios and hidden bios settings, and then it leads to the custom ISO, which is totally setting up for your needs.

fa1kk

Post by fa1kk » 25 Dec 2023, 08:46

InputLagger wrote:
25 Dec 2023, 02:12
fa1kk wrote:
24 Dec 2023, 17:52
imprecise wrote:
24 Dec 2023, 10:09
fa1kk wrote:
05 Oct 2023, 20:45
Hey, guys I don't know, but my game feels like absolute garbage sometimes.
A bit off topic: I'm a high elo player, and I want to go pro, but this issue literally makes me crazy. I used to play 15+ games a day, but now I can't handle even 5, because of the issue. Because instead of playing, I'm searching for answers.

-So what is wrong?

- The game feels like 60hz, even though I have a 360 hz monitor. It's not smooth and I would say a little jittery, delayed, laggy, literally I can't react to enemies. It's hard to describe, but the game is becoming choppy for no reason, unless I change something within my PC, e.g. the nvidia driver or set it to another core and so on.

And how do I realize that the problem always comes back? ( and it always does after a couple of hours or days, or sometimes after a reboot).
So, when I begin to move my mouse really fast from left to right, I start to feel dizzy, due to a completely blurry or laggy feeling on the screen, and usually I immediately quit the game to find a temporary solution to this issue.

I have a few ideas... Since you have AW monitor, AWCC will auto-install during updates, and cause your power profile to switch to balanced instead of high. I would check this first.

The description of laggy 60hz feeling could be g-sync being on even if it's off in NVCP. Try toggling on/off.

There may be an issue with AW in general, but I haven't done testing on it. I've had 2 different AW 240hz displays and with AWCC disabled this one seems to work well, but I do still have issues with gameplay falling behind real-time. I'm almost certain I've narrowed it down to internet issues but I haven't eliminated the possibility of the monitor falling behind.

If it's not those issues, I would guess 90% or higher that it's an internet issue. I have noticed lately that my internet only works well for 1-2 games before returning to a complete mess. This is partially because the internet routes are overloaded and I don't have tier 1 priority at the ISP hubs. Another reason is there are a ton of hackers out there completely lagging everyone in the games they're in, so your network might have to be reset after encountering a lagged game. Make sure your IP is private/hidden from other players (it's a setting in steam, don't know about valorant) I think the DNS cache gets overfilled (this might also just be a general problem and not related to cheaters) so you can try ipconfig /flushdns. Other things to try are change dns server, or disable, enable your adapter, connect to a different DNS server, change VPN location. Unfortunately, this is such a widespread problem you might not be able to do much about it beyond paying for VPN and/or dedicated internet and keeping track of your routing for issues.

Oh and there has been a lot of solar flare activity, which could cause intermittent internet issues and damage the internet in general, which may or may not be repaired eventually. I think ISP recent emphasis on prioritization is a bigger issue than the solar flare activity, though. ISPs are selling gigabit to 40 people and then only connecting it to a 10gig connection and using software to fill in the difference. People still get gig speeds mostly but there is a sharing process that slows all the connections down.

I saw you have flow control disabled. Enabling flow control may or may not help... you can test the difference here: https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat
Just lowering the bufferbloat on client may not solve the issue though because most of the problem occurs later on in the route, in my experience. This setting will likely just feel different with new advantages/disadvantages.

And by the way, ferrari peeks are so noticeable when you have anyone in the game with 10+ ping from yours. Or is it just me noticing that everyone with higher ping is having a crazy advantage as a peeker, even though they are much lower ranks ( While playing dms ).

Try to recall: these Ferrari peeks exists, before this problem? Tell us your story, how you meet this "inputlag" and how youre playing before. Also many people aware of this issue, even youtube https://www.youtube.com/results?sp=mAEA ... =input+lag
Firstly, I'm somewhat new to the game itself, due to the fact I have created an account around July 2022, and I haven't played before not a single match before. And the first couple of months that I used to play I got to the Immortal and after that I was forced to drop the game for aroud 8 months, since I had massive problems in my area with electricity, since we have a war going on in here. And at that time my game experience was about taking everything for granted, because you can?t really tell if there is a problem, since you have been playing only for a couple of months. I would say I have played

And after I came back to the game this summer of 2023, I started to improve in the game, I was watching a lot of decent players, and coaches, and watching my own games, I finally got to immortal 3, and the more I used to play, the more I started to notice a significant difference between me playing the game and pros along with streamers who are most likely experiencing no issues. As I have told before, I think they are just using the tweaking services, otherwise they are resilient towards any kind of lag.

The last 5 months of my life, I?m not playing the game for the most time, I?m looking for fixes to improve the game to run it smoothly, because after a random fix my game felt SO SMOOTH for 3 days, so I got s streak and MVP almost in every game, I used to drop 40+ kills in games and there were almost no problems it felt like the game was very enjoyable to play in terms of smoothness and hit registration. Which allowed me to spread my wings, and climb the ladder a lot, since without smooth gameplay, the game feels literally unplayable at all.

And the problems came back after 3 days, and after that point of my life I have decided that I?m not gonna play that jittering game, I want my butter smooth game back, since it is the reason why people are playing the games at the end of the day, because you enjoy the process, but for me last 5 months of my life feels like a rollercoaster. I either find a temporary solution for a couple of hours or days, and then the problem comes back, or I play at a huge disadvantage and can't get even 20 kills, while playing against people who barely can hold their mouse, which is abnormal.

So how it looks when it comes to the game about the Ferrari peeks. Usually on a pistol I have a picture of what kind of the game is about to happen, it is either the just normal game, or it's a mess, since someone has killed you, even though you saw their feet, or they are peeking with speed the speed of light. Or anytime you peek, they are firing even before you see them.
And I have been wondering, is there anyone having 0.0001 second reaction time? When there are only a couple of aim gods that can do that, like. It feels so frustrating to face, but I am clearly watching my own VoD and I have to watch at 0.25 to notice that the guy on my screen is moving the entire match at 1.5 speed.
Last edited by fa1kk on 25 Dec 2023, 08:53, edited 1 time in total.

fa1kk

Post by fa1kk » 25 Dec 2023, 08:50

widow13 wrote:
25 Dec 2023, 07:53
Switched to different expo profile yesterday which uses -400mhz and 0.1v lower and it made a big difference even tho I've tried that before.(not 100% fixed tho)

Setting your ram takes at least 2 weeks of your life, and I'm not kidding, you have to test everything in game, so it feels fine and at the same time every timing requires at least 3-5 test in TM5 using the profile Extreme by anta777, which is about 1 hour and 35 minutes each.
If you are setting your ram, that the only 1 link you will need:

https://github.com/integralfx/MemTestHe ... g-software

joseph_from_pilsen

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 25 Dec 2023, 09:54

For game feeling smoothening, in cs2 it helps to change AA algoritm, going from CFAAx2 to MSAAx2 or MSAAx2 to MSAAx4 and vice versa makes the game smooth again. The same you ccan try in valorant, change antialiasing, it forces the GPU output to be "reset" midgame, so it removes the annoying picture unsharpness, blurry movement and rendering bug which causes ferrarri peeks and "behind feeling" as what you see is not what you get...

Everythingblows

Post by Everythingblows » 25 Dec 2023, 10:46

fa1kk wrote:
25 Dec 2023, 08:50
widow13 wrote:

Setting your ram takes at least 2 weeks of your life, and I'm not kidding, you have to test everything in game, so it feels fine and at the same time every timing requires at least 3-5 test in TM5 using the profile Extreme by anta777, which is about 1 hour and 35 minutes each.

So after setting your Ram timings individually you have a noticeably better feeling game and it stays that way??

fa1kk

Post by fa1kk » 25 Dec 2023, 10:58

Everythingblows wrote:
25 Dec 2023, 10:46
fa1kk wrote:
widow13 wrote:

So after setting your Ram timings individually you have a noticeably better feeling game and it stays that way??
RAM clocks and latency will affect your FPS 1% and .1% lows - so the faster your MT's and tighter your timings the more stable lows.
So my 0.1% and 1% became much better, but that's only half of the equation. I don't know if it is gonna stay the same, since I did some changes a couple days ago, so I will see.

widow13

Post by widow13 » 25 Dec 2023, 11:15

fa1kk wrote:
25 Dec 2023, 10:58
Everythingblows wrote:
25 Dec 2023, 10:46
fa1kk wrote:
widow13 wrote:

RAM clocks and latency will affect your FPS 1% and .1% lows - so the faster your MT's and tighter your timings the more stable lows.
So my 0.1% and 1% became much better, but that's only half of the equation. I don't know if it is gonna stay the same, since I did some changes a couple days ago, so I will see.
Everything feels literally delayed like people are ahead of time and it is the only thing that seems be helping with these issues but I don't see it working for more than a few games tbh.
It already began going back to being bad.

Btw I'm pretty sure you can even see ur messages being delayed on chat when this occurs, I've even seen messages being sent at the wrong time.
Like for example you can send gg and then wp and wp will be sent first.