Mouse speed decreases

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Tea

Mouse speed decreases

Post by Tea » 12 Nov 2023, 23:37

Hello everyone, I have been suffering from the slowdown of my mouse for the past three years. It can be said that I wake up every day thinking about this matter and constantly looking for answers. But it's obvious that nothing I've tried so far can restore the sensitivity I'm familiar with.And you guys are my last hope

Let me first describe the cause, process and outcome of the whole thing:

No matter whether I enable or disable synapse 3, my mouse DPI cannot be normal. I even tested by completely uninstalling Thundercloud 3, and there is still a problem.
Of course, I should explain to you that this may not be due to the OS version, because my desktop and laptop use different OS versions. Before all this happened, I had no issues with mouse sensitivity on the desktop. , and after the sensitivity problem occurred, I noticed that the notebook could also achieve the sensitivity I wanted. I also tried upgrading to the latest OS and various versions of the OS, but that didn't work either. And there will be problems whether I turn it on or off to improve pointer accuracy in the system, and I am sure that I have always turned this option on since I never had sensitivity problems.
I used this Viper Ultimate Edition very normally before January 5, 2022, but on that day I reinstalled the system of my desktop computer. I never thought that this would have an impact on my mouse speed, but it It does happen. Then I decided that it was a system problem, so I started to find someone to make several systems, but it didn't work, but in the end, I made another system and it returned to normal.
But on one of the two days of June 16/17, 2022, my sensitivity decreased inexplicably. During this period, I did not change the computer, display screen, keyboard, headphones, mouse pad, or my 1 No. Venomous Viper Ultimate Edition. I immediately went to Thundercloud 3 to check and found no abnormalities. It was still my original 800DPI and 125HZ return rate, but please believe me it has indeed become slower. I don’t know whether it is a problem with DPI or return rate. This problem has been torturing me until November 18, 2022. I finally couldn't bear to reinstall the systemthat made my mouse normal. As I hoped, my mouse problem was solved again. The situation occurred again on January 16, 2023, and it was still the same problem (the sensitivity of the Viper Ultimate Edition became slower). This time I reinstalled the system without hesitation, but my mouse did not return to normal. I crashed because I had no solution at all. Even I changed my computer to no avail. Since then, I have been stuck. On the journey to find a solution.
Installed Microsoft's original system and tried various versions of win10 system, but it didn't work.
Reinstalling Thundercloud 3 is useless
Plug the Viper Ultimate Wireless Receiver into the charging base and hold it close to my mouse, to no avail

All methods were useless. I had no choice but to bring my laptop (NVIDIA graphics card and Intel processor) and my No. 2 Viper Ultimate Edition to school. But what puzzled me was that I used my No. 2 When using the Viper Ultimate version on my laptop, it turned out to be at the speed I was familiar with before, and there was no slowdown in sensitivity.
On March 1, 2023, I was very cautious and saved my laptop system registry. When I returned to my desktop computer again, I forcibly merged my laptop system into my desktop computer. As a result my desktop system crashed.
Later, I performed a system reset on my laptop, and the sensitivity slowed down. I quickly found the registry I saved and merged my laptop. The sensitivity problem was solved, but I'm not sure if it was me. It was only repaired by importing the previous registry, please ask a technician to just take a look. Later, I brought the laptop back to the desktop and stayed there for five days. When I brought the laptop and No. 2 Viper Ultimate Edition to school again, the problem occurred again. I frantically imported the previous registry. But this time there was no immediate reply like last time, but it took a day or two to return to normal.
I suddenly had an idea, could I take my laptop home, connect it to my computer display, and connect my desktop keyboard headphones, including No. 1 Poison Viper Ultimate Edition, to the laptop, and it worked. , the sensitivity on my display is normal, which means it is not a problem with my display. At this time, I discovered that there is a firmware update for the Viper Ultimate Edition. Before this, my No. 1 Viper Ultimate Edition had been using 1.02. Firmware version (I upgraded the firmware to 1.06 at that time, but it didn’t work). My No. 2 Viper Ultimate Edition has been using firmware version 1.06, and I noticed that the DPI of the Viper Ultimate Edition was shifted three years ago. , but obviously if I'm using the cheaper version of the firmware with the DPI, then I'm using my Viper 2 Ultimate on my laptop and taking it home with the Viper 1 Ultimate on my display when I test You won't feel the sensitivity is normal.
On June 17, 2023, the bad news came again. This time I saved the laptop's registry again (the sensitivity was normal when saving), and then I reset the laptop system, and then I saved the old registry again. When importing, my laptop's sensitivity slowed down again and I couldn't import the registry.
The above is my complete description of my problem. I will also send you a registration form on March 1, 2023 and June 17, 2023 to help analyze the problem. My guess is whether it is related to certain data in the registration form. Editing related? Or is it a driver problem?

The timeline goes back to today. So far, I have bought two viper ultimate, two viper v2pro, and one viper v3 HS, all of which have this problem. I know very well that when the mouse speed returned to normal after reinstalling the system twice, I did not change any settings. From the moment the system was successfully installed, the mouse speed was normal. However, no matter how I installed the system during this period, I could not solve the problem of the mouse speed drop. The problem.
Tried the following: Tested on different computers
Eliminate signal interference
Get a new computer and mouse
Import the registry when the mouse speed is normal
It's no use
Description of my mouse problem: In the past, the mouse speed I was familiar with was more sensitive. For example, if I physically held the mouse and slid it in a small range, the mouse pointer on the screen would move 10 pixels, but now it only moves five pixels. . (The description here is more like fine-tuning mouse operations)
These are all my problem descriptions。 :cry:

TooManyPixels

Re: Mouse speed decreases

Post by TooManyPixels » 13 Nov 2023, 11:22

Ahoy there, fellow sufferer!

You're not alone, I have the exact same problem, and it too, started about 3-4 years ago.

Tea

Post by Tea » 13 Nov 2023, 12:11

TooManyPixels wrote:
13 Nov 2023, 11:22
Ahoy there, fellow sufferer!

You're not alone, I have the exact same problem, and it too, started about 3-4 years ago.
Hello, do you have the same problem? If so, then you can feel the same. Do you have a way or suggestion to solve this problem?

TooManyPixels

Post by TooManyPixels » 13 Nov 2023, 17:58

Tea wrote:
13 Nov 2023, 12:11
Do you have a way or suggestion to solve this problem?
I don't, but I am conducting original research into the problem.

Can you tell me what motherboard and CPU you have? And if you're using any NVMe (or M.2, U.2, or Optane) SSDs for storage?

Tea

Post by Tea » 13 Nov 2023, 21:29

TooManyPixels wrote:
13 Nov 2023, 17:58
Tea wrote:
13 Nov 2023, 12:11
Do you have a way or suggestion to solve this problem?
I don't, but I am conducting original research into the problem.

Can you tell me what motherboard and CPU you have? And if you're using any NVMe (or M.2, U.2, or Optane) SSDs for storage?
Motherboard: Asus -PRIME-Z790-P-WIFI-D5 1
CPU: I7-13700KF- loose chip 1
Hard disk: Weigang -S50-PRO-1TB-PCIE4.0 Wing Loong 1
The hard drive uses Weigang PCIE 4.0 solid-state storage

Above is the configuration of my new computer, and below is the configuration of my old desktop computer:

cpu: Intel Core [email protected] six-core
Motherboard: Lenovo 36E7 (Intel PCI standard host CPU bridge -CannonLake-A308) Memory 8 GB (Hynix DDR4 2666MHz)
Hard Drive: KBG30ZMT128G TOSHIBA(128 GB/ SSD)

giggio10

Post by giggio10 » 25 Nov 2023, 11:01

same thing, also started 3 years ago (most precisely when I bought a new pc)

Tea

Post by Tea » 26 Nov 2023, 07:52

giggio10 wrote:
25 Nov 2023, 11:01
Do you have a suitable solution? :roll:

giggio10

Post by giggio10 » 04 Dec 2023, 07:57

Tea wrote:
26 Nov 2023, 07:52
giggio10 wrote:
I removed my HD yesterday and it's been working flawlessly, saw from another guy and the issue came back after a while, but he bought a better PSU and that solved it

Tea

Post by Tea » 06 Dec 2023, 04:25

giggio10 wrote:
04 Dec 2023, 07:57
Tea wrote:
26 Nov 2023, 07:52
giggio10 wrote:
I removed my HD yesterday and it's been working flawlessly, saw from another guy and the issue came back after a while, but he bought a better PSU and that solved it
Sorry, I can't understand what you mean, including what HD and PSU are. Can you elaborate more?