FSE is giving me delays, please help me

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Syykfk

FSE is giving me delays, please help me

Post by Syykfk » 29 Nov 2023, 15:35

I disabled FSO by modifying the registry and checking "Disable FSO" in the compatibility of valorant.exe, and I disabled MPO.
But every time I do this, I experience input lag in the game, and the more obvious difference is that mouse movement becomes slower and heavier in FSE mode.
I don’t know why this is the case, because FSE should have the lowest latency, but the effect on my computer is that FSO feels much better than FSE.
Please help me find out the cause of this or find a solution. Thank you in advance to anyone who helps me.
Below are my registry changes

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore]
"GameDVR_Enabled"=dword:00000000
"GameDVR_FSEBehaviorMode"=dword:00000002
"GameDVR_FSEBehavior"=dword:00000002
"GameDVR_HonorUserFSEBehaviorMode"=dword:00000001
"GameDVR_DXGIHonorFSEWindowsCompatible"=dword:00000001
"GameDVR_EFSEFeatureFlags"=dword:00000000
"GameDVR_DSEBehavior"=dword:00000002

FPSMaster

Re: FSE is giving me delays, please help me

Post by FPSMaster » 29 Nov 2023, 15:48

If you suspect your mouse movement is slowed down, you can benchmark your mouse input with MouseTester. Also, test it while being in the game. For the most consistent results, do fast large mouse movements and small ones and check MouseTester afterwards for any abnormalities.

If you have a 1000hz mouse and it shows you like 200mhz or less, it's suboptimal.
FSO shouldn't affect your mouse in any way, other than potentially adding or decrease lag. But It doesn't mess with your mouse input.

Also disabling FSO usually doesn't result in any major latency benefits and it only works for DX11 Games. We are talking about maybe -1ms lag, depending on your system.
But I would still recommend disabling it, to get the legacy flip. Doesn't hurt :)