HUGE STUTTERS in every game...

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
anarhistabg

HUGE STUTTERS in every game...

Post by anarhistabg » 10 Dec 2023, 10:59

Briefly about my problem: I have constant stutters in every single game. I tried reinstalling the video drivers several times. I turned off the second monitor (60hz tv, main is 240hz) to check if it's not the problem... It's not. The stutters are there. I use Freesync on the monitor + G-Sync in Nvidia Control Panel + Vsync ON , but still the problem persists.

Until now, I thought that only I could see these things on my screen. Today, however, I found that when I make a recording, the stutters are also visible in it. Interesting fact - when I run OBS Studio, the problem seems to get even worse. I've tried all kinds of things, but I can't figure out what's going on... I hope one of you has an idea what's going on. I have had this computer for almost 2 years, until 3-4 months ago everything was going great! Since then, however, this problem has not been resolved...

More about the PC: Windows 10 , Gigabyte 3070 Gaming OC 8gb , Intel 12700K , 3600mhz 32gb ram.

THE PROBLEM
You can see it on Youtube (not the best quality , but it's visible on fullscreen) - https://youtu.be/12BacfdwDFA
Or you can download the full quality video from Google Drive - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iUYVbF ... drive_link

Vocaleyes

Re: HUGE STUTTERS in every game...

Post by Vocaleyes » 10 Dec 2023, 12:01

Do you recall any updates with windows, drivers or bios when it started?

Also I wouldn’t call those stutters huge, more like micro. But regardless if this started to happen with no hardware changes, then all that’s left really is updates, network or something on the games server side I imagine.
Last edited by Vocaleyes on 10 Dec 2023, 17:09, edited 1 time in total.

anarhistabg

Post by anarhistabg » 10 Dec 2023, 13:15

Vocaleyes wrote:
10 Dec 2023, 12:01

Also I wouldn’t call those stutters huge, more like micro. But regardless if this started happened with no hardware changes, then all that’s left really is updates, network or something on the games server side I imagine.
I agree to. Most of the time it's microstutters, but it happens all the time. It's easiest to see when I make circular movements with the mouse. I haven't changed any hardware. The only thing that changes over time are the updates: Windows, OBS, Nvidia, Discord, games and etc. Interesting fact: I did a clean install of Windows 11 - the problem was there. Then I went back to Windows 10 - the problem is still there.

TheKelz

Post by TheKelz » 10 Dec 2023, 16:45

anarhistabg wrote:
10 Dec 2023, 13:15
Vocaleyes wrote:

Also I wouldn’t call those stutters huge, more like micro. But regardless if this started happened with no hardware changes, then all that’s left really is updates, network or something on the games server side I imagine.
I agree to. Most of the time it's microstutters, but it happens all the time. It's easiest to see when I make circular movements with the mouse. I haven't changed any hardware. The only thing that changes over time are the updates: Windows, OBS, Nvidia, Discord, games and etc. Interesting fact: I did a clean install of Windows 11 - the problem was there. Then I went back to Windows 10 - the problem is still there.
1. Try disabling any CPU overclock like Sync All Cores, MCE and stuff
2. Try disabling XMP and let the RAM run at it's base speeds
3. Try disabling MPO: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers ... /a_id/5157
Last edited by TheKelz on 10 Dec 2023, 17:00, edited 1 time in total.

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 10 Dec 2023, 17:00

anarhistabg wrote:
Vocaleyes wrote:

Are you saying that when you were on W10 the issue wasn't there, but then appeared right after installing windows 11, and then persists from then on?

Or did the issue appear before upgrading to 11?

anarhistabg

Post by anarhistabg » 10 Dec 2023, 20:08

TheKelz wrote:
10 Dec 2023, 16:45
anarhistabg wrote:
Vocaleyes wrote:

1. I never OC the CPU. I have always used both the card and the processor at stock frequencies.
2. This is one of the many things I have tried so far - no change.
3. This has also been tested - no change. The stutters are there.

Fun fact: I tried all possible tests and benchmark tests on the video card, memory, processor, SSD drives, etc. Everything goes without problems or errors.

anarhistabg

Post by anarhistabg » 10 Dec 2023, 20:11

Vocaleyes wrote:
10 Dec 2023, 17:00
anarhistabg wrote:
Vocaleyes wrote:

Are you saying that when you were on W10 the issue wasn't there, but then appeared right after installing windows 11, and then persists from then on?

Or did the issue appear before upgrading to 11?
No no. The problem appeared when I was on Windows 10. At one point I just decided to try Windows 11, hoping the problem would be solved, but it didn't happen... Then I went back to Windows 10 again.

TheKelz

Post by TheKelz » 11 Dec 2023, 05:12

anarhistabg wrote:
10 Dec 2023, 20:08
TheKelz wrote:
anarhistabg wrote:
Vocaleyes wrote:

1. I never OC the CPU. I have always used both the card and the processor at stock frequencies.

Fun fact: I tried all possible tests and benchmark tests on the video card, memory, processor, SSD drives, etc. Everything goes without problems or errors.
Do you run any RGB program in the background (NZXT cam; corsair or g.skill and etc)?

anarhistabg

Post by anarhistabg » 11 Dec 2023, 06:06

TheKelz wrote:
11 Dec 2023, 05:12
anarhistabg wrote:
TheKelz wrote:
anarhistabg wrote:

Do you run any RGB program in the background (NZXT cam; corsair or g.skill and etc)?
No, I don't use such programs.

TheKelz

Post by TheKelz » 11 Dec 2023, 10:18

anarhistabg wrote:
11 Dec 2023, 06:06
TheKelz wrote:
11 Dec 2023, 05:12
anarhistabg wrote:
TheKelz wrote:

No, I don't use such programs.
Then try doing a clean Windows reinstall.