Whats The Reason Behind This?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Lev1n

Whats The Reason Behind This?

Post by Lev1n » 21 Dec 2023, 09:43

I started experiencing desync-ping spikes(like jumping between 35-40-35-60-35-200) like 2 month ago couldnt find the problem. Im using ethernet cable to connect internet. Speeds are 1000/1000 Gpon fiber.
It was acting like fine for 10 min then its acting like im uploading something on backround. Tracerts are bad games were unplayable.
Changed my router, power point, cable socket, router adapter, plug an ups, changed isp. No luck so far. Yesterday an idea appeared in my head I connected the modem to an outlet in another room boom its fixed. My pings are much better had 35 to frankfurt now its 28-30(best possible from turkey) and its stable as butter games are more enjoyable right now but i cant use that outlet because my sisters are living in that room.
Is there anyone know the reason behind this problem?

Kyouki

Re: Whats The Reason Behind This?

Post by Kyouki » 21 Dec 2023, 10:05

That sounds more like just to do with a fresh boot (emptied electronics) rather than a different per socket type of thing? Though not too weird to consider.

Though, if your room is overloaded with stuff and things then it might help to move them elsewhere where it is less busy.
CPU: AMD R7 5800x3D ~ PBO2Tuner -30 ~ no C states
RAM: Gskill Bdie 2x16gb TridentZ Neo ~ CL16-16-16-36 1T ~ fine tuned latency
GPU: ASUS TUF 3080 10G OC Edition(v1/non-LHR) ~ disabled Pstates ~ max oced
Monitor: Alienware AW2521H ~ mix of ULMB/Gsync @ 240hz/360hz
More specs: https://kit.co/Kyouki/the-pc-that-stomps-you

Lev1n

Post by Lev1n » 21 Dec 2023, 12:23

Kyouki wrote:
21 Dec 2023, 10:05
That sounds more like just to do with a fresh boot (emptied electronics) rather than a different per socket type of thing? Though not too weird to consider.

Though, if your room is overloaded with stuff and things then it might help to move them elsewhere where it is less busy.
I plugged only my router to my room still doing same spikes. Only pc and router is plugged to power output.

imprecise

Post by imprecise » 22 Dec 2023, 01:08

Lev1n wrote:
21 Dec 2023, 09:43
I started experiencing desync-ping spikes(like jumping between 35-40-35-60-35-200) like 2 month ago couldnt find the problem. Im using ethernet cable to connect internet. Speeds are 1000/1000 Gpon fiber.
It was acting like fine for 10 min then its acting like im uploading something on backround. Tracerts are bad games were unplayable.
Changed my router, power point, cable socket, router adapter, plug an ups, changed isp. No luck so far. Yesterday an idea appeared in my head I connected the modem to an outlet in another room boom its fixed. My pings are much better had 35 to frankfurt now its 28-30(best possible from turkey) and its stable as butter games are more enjoyable right now but i cant use that outlet because my sisters are living in that room.
It seems like a wiring issue. I've seen when offices upgrade from 100mbps to gigabit the wiring doesn't hold up because it's old or below gigabit specifications. You can try limiting your network adapter to 100mpbs for testing, but I don't think even that will work at this point now that the problem is showing. Replacing the ethernet cable can sometimes be enough to fix it, if you haven't tried that yet.

Lev1n

Post by Lev1n » 22 Dec 2023, 06:22

imprecise wrote:
22 Dec 2023, 01:08
Lev1n wrote:
21 Dec 2023, 09:43
It seems like a wiring issue. I've seen when offices upgrade from 100mbps to gigabit the wiring doesn't hold up because it's old or below gigabit specifications. You can try limiting your network adapter to 100mpbs for testing, but I don't think even that will work at this point now that the problem is showing. Replacing the ethernet cable can sometimes be enough to fix it, if you haven't tried that yet.
Ethernet cable is not the problem. Only thing i didnt changed is wall electric plug. Im moving my room to downstairs thats the fix i found :D