The game feels different every day in valorant

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
nodaplus

The game feels different every day in valorant

Post by nodaplus » 31 Dec 2023, 22:35

There's a noticeable difference in my gaming experience in Valorant when I change accounts or even when there's no change. Sometimes the game feels great, but other times it feels like my mouse isn't responding properly, almost sluggish. I've attempted traditional fixes without conclusive results. I'm sure there's no issue with my internet connection. Here are the steps I've taken: I confirmed there are no issues with the graphics card driver, observed that changing the Windows version had no impact, made changes to the processor and RAM, switched my internet and modem. I've tried all in-game settings and sought help from experts. Please refrain from suggesting cliché solutions, as I've tried them all, and I'm confident there's a specific issue at hand. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

My system:
Ryzen 5 5500
RX 570 4 GB
ASUS PRIME B450M A2
2X8 Team T-Force DDR4 3200Mhz CL16 ram
Viewsonic XG2431 240Hz

I got support with the internet and it's not about that. I recently switched to a 240 hz monitor and the problem persists. Could my AMD video card be causing this?

BlurWickd

Re: The game feels different every day in valorant

Post by BlurWickd » 01 Jan 2024, 14:33

Same issue this game has forever been problematic for me and literally this game alone lol. Feels like I have to change my settings every hour just to play the game. Sometimes smooth then suddenly its shit, then mouse feels heavy sometimes its not, sometimes it feels like I have angle snapping on when I don't. Sometimes sens feels fast next minute its not, mouse seems to lock in place etc. Its just so frustrating.

Things for me that seem to make the biggest difference on the mouse on val:
Threaded optimization on nvidia - off seems to give the best mouse response but kinda floaty/too reactive, auto for me feels like I have angle snapping on and on feels slow.
Scaling mode on nvidia
Fps caps ingame makes your mouse feel like shit
Texture filtering quality on nvidia - I don't know why but high performance feels like your mouse is in slowmo, quality/high quality seems more responsive.
Disabling core 0 - definitely increases responsiveness a lot but sometimes kinda too much?

My mouse literally feels fine on desktop and awful in the game lol and its certainly not me, I'm an immo 3 player even with this shit so it drives me crazy because I just wanna play the game and be consistent rather than be changing shit 50 times a day