New motherboard input lag comebacks with time oO

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
milkicow

New motherboard input lag comebacks with time oO

Post by milkicow » 08 Jan 2024, 12:45

Hello i have been struggling with input lag for my whole life now ? I have been noticing it since 2016, but i was 13 y.o. back then and i didn't even know it was input lag so the best i could do is do a fresh windows install and it helped! Maybe windows was better back then? Anyways, to the subject. I have bought a new motherboard MSI Z-790A WI-FI DDR4 and the pc worked perfectly, for a month i think. Then i installed something from a pirate website and fans started to get louder and then i had the input lag, though there was no virsuses detected and a clean windows install won't fix it, so i figured that it was the hardware that broke somehow. Now a week ago i bought a new motherboard, it worked perfectly for this week. Now it has the input lag. With all this information, there must be a hint on what's going wrong??? Probably.

milkicow

My input lag - observations

Post by milkicow » 20 Jan 2024, 16:07

Hello fellow humans, i have a problem with input lag - I mainly play StarCraft 2 and you can imagine i have to do a lot of inputs very quickly, and sometimes it feels like i have this delay when giving a lot of commands my actions queue up it feels like. Texting also feels heavy.
Today i had no input lag, for a couple of hours even after a couple of reboots. But now it came back and what i have noticed is my fans are more quiet compared to the moments of no input lag. I didn't change anything but what could be the reason of this ? I didn't change any settings. My input has this nature - it comes back and goes away from time to time.

milkicow

Re: New motherboard input lag comebacks with time oO

Post by milkicow » 01 Feb 2024, 07:40

I think i have figured something out with my case, maybe it will work for you too. I started to play for 6-8 hours a day and noticed that with time my input lag went away. But if i install something new and run it the input lag comes back and then i will play for 3 hours straight and it will go away sort of. Cheers.