FTTH desync

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
ZINZIRIO

Re: FTTH desync

Post by ZINZIRIO » 10 Jan 2024, 00:05

caponew0w wrote:
09 Jan 2024, 13:15
My journey started like 2 and half years ago when I first moved from an apartment to house.. From being a god in every game and having even boosting sites for csgo, to getting trashed by silvers in every game.. I have a couple posts in the emi subforum providing videos of my gameplay.. In that house I changed 3 computers and 2 monitors, was running on 1gbps upload/download FTTH with amazing results in all the network tests.. Even talked to my ISP about this and changed my modem (the one the fiber goes in).. Then I said okay, I installed one more ISP running house to street coaxial, then fiber to the centers.. Nothing helped.. Found out that I have no grounding in my house.. Installed grounding via 3 large metal poles.. Paid tons of money.. Guess what, nothing changed. Not even 1% improvement.
A couple of months ago I changed locations to my current house, in another city, now I am at country side with a couple of neighbours close to me and no towers close by.. Even my house is not close by the electricity lines from the street.. Same issues here.. Changed computer again once and still the same.. By the time I moved here it was already the same ISP with coax to the street then fiber.. 1 Week ago I installed full FTTH and the only improvement is the lower ping. Getting "A" bufferbloat..

The amount of baits I had while trying to solve this.. Is insane.. Everytime it came back.. Changed outlets, bios settings, windows settings, usb ports, power savings, literally everything.. Always I got baited by the same thing, "I fixed it".. It came back.. And for some reason I got so baited by the things that you guys mentioned as well.. When I first changed my steam account I was literally shocked how well the game performed, both faceit and matchmaking, both valve deathmatch and public deathmatch servers.. It kinda lasted a couple of days, in this time I had to cancel my old faceit account and start a new one. I did not test other games by that time. I recently tried some PCIE network adapters, they worked amazing for 1-2 days. Same with any PCIE / Usb expander that I plugged my mouse / keyboard / headphones in. Its like everything gets infected.

Daily I am checking this forum and reddit and a couple of discords in the hope that someone found something stable to try and fix or make this issue more acceptable..

I am almost on the edge of giving up for the moment.. Tomorrow I will order a online ups with double conversion, for some the issues were fixed with this, for some it was improved and for some it did not make a single difference, if it will not improve my issues for long term at least I can better protect my equipment. In this current house I have issues with the voltage, there are moments in the day where my voltage stabilizer starts dancing and making a lot of clicks, but this was not the case in my old house where it was constant all the time. I dont know, this is very hard and very strange.. And very consuming.. People might blame me for spending that much money and time on this crap.. Well I only have a small couple of hours left each day when I can relax and I want to play something. But for the last years, gaming was a frustrating experience. I totally feel all of you, I've been there and I am there. After this years I learned two things: 1. dont spend the money that you cannot or barely afford.. I did this and it made it all more painfull. and 2. Never ever I have blamed someone again for playing bad in my team.

Also I see people complaining that "you die too easy".. I can agree, as stupid as this sounds.. I am (or was..) an Escape From Tarkov player, in this game you dont have HUD to see who is your teammate.. My friend would accidentally kill me some times and he was literally in shock how easily I would die.. He knows about my issues and I told him that this happens to me in all the games haha. Now, recently, Tarkov Arena launched, a 5v5 using the Tarkov mechanics that also has a deathcam.. While most of the time I was shooting literally almost full mags in my enemy to get a kill, 60% of the time I died it literally look like an accident. The other 40% time was the enemy spray and bullets working correctly, as they should.. I have 6000 hours in Escape From Tarkov but was forced to quit it.. In this game, if you dont have issues, it is so so so easy to get kills, as hitreg always felt like client sided. But my client does not work accordingly.

Also, yes, in the few times things work normally I would wipe any server in any game.. People blame me and start cheating as revenge, or they add me to play together..

I'll see how it goes, wish you all the best <3

edit so you dont have to search my posts:
https://youtu.be/-DHLaVU00A0
Honestly, watching your video makes me very sad because of how it works for you... the worst of all is that for my part I lost hope, thousands and thousands of dollars invested over the years among many people to try to solve this and no one or almost no one has been able to solve it completely... the strangest thing is that if we think that the problem is on the side of our internet provider or the server because by changing some parts of our hardware or settings in Windows everything works better for a while time... there we are not changing anything on the server or on our internet... that is why I say that there is something in our homes like dirty energy or something that affects the computer in such a way that whatever you do it returns to infect and malfunction again... In my case, as time went by, things worked worse and worse without me making big changes in my house and in this case it coincides with overpopulation and that my country, after the pandemic, uses internet increased by 75% I don't know if it has anything to do with it or not but there is something out there or something that affects our homes that the more years pass the worse it is... Sometimes I watch my videos from 2015 playing with 4G with a weak signal and a mid-range PC and I compare now and the difference is quite big... Hopefully one day someone will discover what is happening and how to solve it.

PD: In my case, changing from ADSL to FTTH broke my experience in 2 of my favorite games... I had to stop playing them unfortunately... As if the 2010 game, due to its year, was more compatible with ADSL than with FTTH but then I look at the people who play it with FTTH and I don't understand why either... anyway

Kyouki

Post by Kyouki » 10 Jan 2024, 04:05

ZINZIRIO wrote:
09 Jan 2024, 23:49
Thank you very much for all your answers, it is appreciated... in my case I think it is the game engine because it happens to me with some games but with others everything works perfectly as it should... now the strangest thing of all is that yes I play with LTE, exactly the same thing happens to me, so it's not a FTTH problem either... unless it has something to do with routing or something similar... I have two friends with FTTH who have the same thing happen to them, they die almost instantly... Perhaps in my case the DSL technology, which is where it worked well for me, does not have that problem but since they put me on FTTH it is incredible how quickly I die.
DSL does have a overhead of expected >20ms (or any) or so by default, whereas this overhead doesn't exist within other technology. I am thinking this might be where the game might be tuned for or is expected of most connection types.

Not sure. There is a whole lotta magic going on with how games interp network connectivity.

FTTH is not bad, there are also many many game-advantages over others with it most likely. Though it might have things applied to make it more fair or due expecting different results.

I try not to focus too much on the technical levels of this, as it can impact your ability of game-performance.
CPU: AMD R7 5800x3D ~ PBO2Tuner -30 ~ no C states
RAM: Gskill Bdie 2x16gb TridentZ Neo ~ CL16-16-16-36 1T ~ fine tuned latency
GPU: ASUS TUF 3080 10G OC Edition(v1/non-LHR) ~ disabled Pstates ~ max oced
Monitor: Alienware AW2521H ~ mix of ULMB/Gsync @ 240hz/360hz
More specs: https://kit.co/Kyouki/the-pc-that-stomps-you

I LOVE TIN FOIL

Post by I LOVE TIN FOIL » 10 Jan 2024, 13:18

ZINZIRIO wrote:
08 Jan 2024, 18:10
Hello how are you? All alright? I have a question if the same thing happened to someone... I had ADSL 5MB, it was a connection that was going quite well but now I have fiber optics, I have good hitreg, I see the vast majority of players before, but something very strange happens to me in some games, for example. Generally old, when I receive shots from the enemy I am very easy to kill, I die almost instantly. That didn't happen to me before, does anyone suffer from the same thing? Thank you so much
You should try identical transmit or receive buffers. If that doesn't work higher transmit buffer compared to receive.

ZINZIRIO

Post by ZINZIRIO » 10 Jan 2024, 15:42

I LOVE TIN FOIL wrote:
10 Jan 2024, 13:18
ZINZIRIO wrote:
Hello how are you? All alright? I have a question if the same thing happened to someone... I had ADSL 5MB, it was a connection that was going quite well but now I have fiber optics, I have good hitreg, I see the vast majority of players before, but something very strange happens to me in some games, for example. Generally old, when I receive shots from the enemy I am very easy to kill, I die almost instantly. That didn't happen to me before, does anyone suffer from the same thing? Thank you so much
You should try identical transmit or receive buffers. If that doesn't work higher transmit buffer compared to receive.
I already tried it and it makes no difference at this moment I am with 1024/2048 and I tried the same and it makes no difference with integrated NIC and with PCI-E and exactly the same in those 2 games it is unplayable

I LOVE TIN FOIL

Post by I LOVE TIN FOIL » 10 Jan 2024, 16:50

ZINZIRIO wrote:
10 Jan 2024, 15:42
I LOVE TIN FOIL wrote:
10 Jan 2024, 13:18
ZINZIRIO wrote:
I already tried it and it makes no difference at this moment I am with 1024/2048 and I tried the same and it makes no difference with integrated NIC and with PCI-E and exactly the same in those 2 games it is unplayable
They seem really high, use 256 receive and 512 transmit and see what happens

bestchucky

Post by bestchucky » 12 Jan 2024, 14:39

ApexLeg wrote:
09 Jan 2024, 09:27
beirut__ wrote:
09 Jan 2024, 09:18
Wow... I literally want to cry knowing that there is someone else with this problem. I dont know why or how, but this is happening to me 90% of the time. The only game I play is counter strike, I have 3.6 k hours in this game. I have been playing it since it came out...I know that I dont lack skill or mechanic or game sense, I am sure about it, I have made it clear to myself a lot of times. This problem has fucked my confidence real good. People are considering me noob and telling me to quit game, and this is ver, irritating as I know my potential and I know that I could stomp these people ...if just I didnt have this problem .... I dont know. Its like my head has a magnet for their bullet. Literally. Out of three people running, I am the one that gets hit, always. Whenever I try to peek, no matter how cautious I am, how focused, how determined, I get insta tapped. I want to cry. I have tried so many tweaks. I built a new pc. I tried playing on lte from usb tethering. This shit always comes back. I can literally instantly say after one second into the game that something is off. Bro. When it happens that for some reason the game is synchronised and my shots are being registered.... Not one match I win without getting w
2.5/3.0 KD. PEOPLE WERE ADDING ME ASKING ME FOR MY CONFIG AND BEGGING ME TO PLAY WITH THEM. And day or more after, I am a walking noob that everyone has advantage over. Last night, I stayed up until 3 am even though I work at 7am just desperately trying to figure it out. Done net tweaks, registry tweaks, bios tweaks, windows tweaks, memory tweaks, mouse tweaks.... Tested my pc, all great, but when i tested for bufferbloat it says that I have a C and a very big bufferbloat. Honestly, I dont know what to do. Im losing my sleep and I am smoking more than I ever did..... What has my life come to after this shitty experience.... I think it has come to one main point. To just destroy all my configuration and leave everything.....
My friend trust me, I believe you 100%. Have you ever tried a smurf account? I've not played CS but you can Google CS smurf accounts and how the game runs a lot smoother on that account even with the exact same settings - people are leaning on the theory that it's account/inventory based.

But yeah, I share your frustration. I would rather have hard lobbies with no desync than play against bots and have desync.

Sorry for my English. I used Google translate.

I notice this too. I have 2 accounts where everything is perfect. I already wrote on Reddit. That's why I shoot new accounts. Now the silver on the new account plays like the old days. Because it has advantages. This has never happened before.

MontyTheAverage

Post by MontyTheAverage » 13 Jan 2024, 15:06

caponew0w wrote:
09 Jan 2024, 13:15
My journey started like 2 and half years ago when I first moved from an apartment to house.. From being a god in every game and having even boosting sites for csgo, to getting trashed by silvers in every game.. I have a couple posts in the emi subforum providing videos of my gameplay.. In that house I changed 3 computers and 2 monitors, was running on 1gbps upload/download FTTH with amazing results in all the network tests.. Even talked to my ISP about this and changed my modem (the one the fiber goes in).. Then I said okay, I installed one more ISP running house to street coaxial, then fiber to the centers.. Nothing helped.. Found out that I have no grounding in my house.. Installed grounding via 3 large metal poles.. Paid tons of money.. Guess what, nothing changed. Not even 1% improvement.
A couple of months ago I changed locations to my current house, in another city, now I am at country side with a couple of neighbours close to me and no towers close by.. Even my house is not close by the electricity lines from the street.. Same issues here.. Changed computer again once and still the same.. By the time I moved here it was already the same ISP with coax to the street then fiber.. 1 Week ago I installed full FTTH and the only improvement is the lower ping. Getting "A" bufferbloat..

The amount of baits I had while trying to solve this.. Is insane.. Everytime it came back.. Changed outlets, bios settings, windows settings, usb ports, power savings, literally everything.. Always I got baited by the same thing, "I fixed it".. It came back.. And for some reason I got so baited by the things that you guys mentioned as well.. When I first changed my steam account I was literally shocked how well the game performed, both faceit and matchmaking, both valve deathmatch and public deathmatch servers.. It kinda lasted a couple of days, in this time I had to cancel my old faceit account and start a new one. I did not test other games by that time. I recently tried some PCIE network adapters, they worked amazing for 1-2 days. Same with any PCIE / Usb expander that I plugged my mouse / keyboard / headphones in. Its like everything gets infected.

Daily I am checking this forum and reddit and a couple of discords in the hope that someone found something stable to try and fix or make this issue more acceptable..

I am almost on the edge of giving up for the moment.. Tomorrow I will order a online ups with double conversion, for some the issues were fixed with this, for some it was improved and for some it did not make a single difference, if it will not improve my issues for long term at least I can better protect my equipment. In this current house I have issues with the voltage, there are moments in the day where my voltage stabilizer starts dancing and making a lot of clicks, but this was not the case in my old house where it was constant all the time. I dont know, this is very hard and very strange.. And very consuming.. People might blame me for spending that much money and time on this crap.. Well I only have a small couple of hours left each day when I can relax and I want to play something. But for the last years, gaming was a frustrating experience. I totally feel all of you, I've been there and I am there. After this years I learned two things: 1. dont spend the money that you cannot or barely afford.. I did this and it made it all more painfull. and 2. Never ever I have blamed someone again for playing bad in my team.

Also I see people complaining that "you die too easy".. I can agree, as stupid as this sounds.. I am (or was..) an Escape From Tarkov player, in this game you dont have HUD to see who is your teammate.. My friend would accidentally kill me some times and he was literally in shock how easily I would die.. He knows about my issues and I told him that this happens to me in all the games haha. Now, recently, Tarkov Arena launched, a 5v5 using the Tarkov mechanics that also has a deathcam.. While most of the time I was shooting literally almost full mags in my enemy to get a kill, 60% of the time I died it literally look like an accident. The other 40% time was the enemy spray and bullets working correctly, as they should.. I have 6000 hours in Escape From Tarkov but was forced to quit it.. In this game, if you dont have issues, it is so so so easy to get kills, as hitreg always felt like client sided. But my client does not work accordingly.

Also, yes, in the few times things work normally I would wipe any server in any game.. People blame me and start cheating as revenge, or they add me to play together..

I'll see how it goes, wish you all the best <3

edit so you dont have to search my posts:
https://youtu.be/-DHLaVU00A0
Had the same experience buddy. Literally tried everything already. It always comes back.