Fix for input lag

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
wyrko_o

Fix for input lag

Post by wyrko_o » 15 Jan 2024, 15:54

Go to device manager, under Monitors right click on your monitor and then Disable device. Restart your pc. Don't worry, your monitor will still be working, just windows has no control over it. Enjoy your snappy mouse movement and no recoil feeling in first person shooters.

ZINZIRIO

Re: Fix for input lag

Post by ZINZIRIO » 15 Jan 2024, 20:04

It seems like it made a positive difference...

rembrandttt

Post by rembrandttt » 16 Jan 2024, 07:40

i can't say it fix my problem but i really feel the difference

wyrko_o

Post by wyrko_o » 16 Jan 2024, 12:12

What fixes the input lag is setting your brightness to zero. I tried that on laptop and after disabling the display from device manager and restarting it is still working, but without brightness control. Try setting your screen brightness on 0 either from Windows if you have an option or directly from your monitor. I haven't played any games since very long time, recently bought a gaming laptop and monitor to try out cs2. I was shocked that I still have this problem, even after approximately two years without playing any games. Now I am trying to make a video that shows the input lag difference, so it would be great if Chief could help.

Slender

Post by Slender » 16 Jan 2024, 17:59

wyrko_o wrote:
16 Jan 2024, 12:12
What fixes the input lag is setting your brightness to zero. I tried that on laptop and after disabling the display from device manager and restarting it is still working, but without brightness control. Try setting your screen brightness on 0 either from Windows if you have an option or directly from your monitor. I haven't played any games since very long time, recently bought a gaming laptop and monitor to try out cs2. I was shocked that I still have this problem, even after approximately two years without playing any games. Now I am trying to make a video that shows the input lag difference, so it would be great if Chief could help.
try to test without power cable (just play from laptop, dont use monitor) + use wifi.
tell me if you have changes

MontyTheAverage

Post by MontyTheAverage » 21 Jan 2024, 03:52

This works but not consistently. Weird. What type of interference is going on with the screens that is causing this input lag and desync? Any more info or threads related to this?

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » 25 Jan 2024, 09:17

I have this EMF Tester and 6 Filters. It´s a waste of money .... :x

ahead

Post by ahead » 25 Jan 2024, 23:09

This filter operates similarly to an IQ test; some individuals might achieve good results, while others might not, leading to the purchase of this unnecessary device.

KriTiKaL

Post by KriTiKaL » 02 Mar 2024, 09:30

After years of seeking a fix... I can spray again like in old-times now in cs2.. maybe its a very slightly delay(or i'm not getting to use it) but anyways,
I feel like the mouse, keyboard and monitor responds 1 to 1 to my commands! and still don't get why is that is working?

I have 3 days in a row spray control to my hand.

I hope is not placebo!!

Thank you very much!!!