Mouse feel choppy at 60 FPS on 144 Hz G5 Odyssey 32" ( G-Sync enabled )

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Kurotaishi

Mouse feel choppy at 60 FPS on 144 Hz G5 Odyssey 32" ( G-Sync enabled )

Post by Kurotaishi » 29 Jan 2024, 06:34

Hi everyone ! First time here, i hope i'm not in the wrong section

I know that similar questions have been posted multiple times but i can't find explanation on this problem.

I buy my new monitor ( G5 odyssey 32" 1440p 144hz ) and it seem to work fine, G-Sync enabled, gameplay on any game above 100fps feel great for me, but at 60 FPS, every game feel stuttering when Moving camera with my mouse, Cyberpunk 2077, Alan Wake 2, Enshrouded and many more, cap to 60 FPS, when i only move my character with ZQSD, everything is smooth, same as my previous monitor, Black Hawk 75hz 1080p with G-Sync, but if i move my mouse, it just feel weird, laggy, like i'm playing at 30fps, but if i stop moving the mouse it's great, no FPS drop, controller feel smooth too if i move camera with joystick, and i can't find solution or explanation about this, i hope you might have solution or explanation for me, thanks in advance, and sorry if my english is not correct, i hope you understand me !

Edit 1 : it's the same with or without G-Sync, and G-Sync work well, i have the indicator and the hz on my monitor osd fluctuate well

r0ach

Re: Mouse feel choppy at 60 FPS on 144 Hz G5 Odyssey 32" ( G-Sync enabled )

Post by r0ach » 31 Jan 2024, 11:44

What GPU? Is the GPU dropping P0 power state and going to a lower power state during games? There’s a registry setting to force P0 power state that you can try to see if it helps, but this is usually a problem for people running something like 1080p with a powerful GPU and not 1440p users.

The panel in that display is pretty slow but the image quality is very good and one of the few panels you can buy in 2024 without high eye strain. If you end up returning it, you can get the same Samsung SVA panel except at 240hz instead of 144hz that Innoview puts in this monitor for $280:

https://www.amazon.com/InnoView-Adjusta ... 0CJ2FTL4H/

I used one before and the speed is not acceptable for FPS games but combination of good image quality + no eye strain will probably have it be useful for some people. Only problem is they ship it with DSC turned on by default (which causes input lag) and you need to set color to 8bit instead of 10bit to get rid of it.