Not an EMI thread - Terminal slug cursor is PSU resistance based, not interference based

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Mr1991

Re: Not an EMI thread - Terminal slug cursor is PSU resistance based, not interference based

Post by Mr1991 » 12 Feb 2024, 11:24

Vocaleyes wrote:
11 Feb 2024, 13:52
Ok, so let me rephrase my initial statement, I wish there were compatible & usable 2.0 drivers for windows 10/11 as currently they are seemingly handled by the 3.0 drivers, which I would like to test to see if there's an issue there.

"If you’re talking about Microsoft’s 2.0 drivers they are always on windows installs and can be accessed through device manager" I'm talking about any 2.0 driver that handles 2.0 ports that I can use.
So you’re using an actual usb 2.0 port, but Windows is using the 3.0 drivers?

It’s most likely motherboard specific, my old Asus board can use it in windows 10 I believe, but it’s way older, in all honestly you’d probably have to test it, but I’d probably have a ps/2 keyboard or mouse ready in case it locks you out and there’s no way to revert it

Vocaleyes

Re: Not an EMI thread - Terminal slug cursor is PSU resistance based, not interference based

Post by Vocaleyes » 28 Feb 2024, 01:41

So you’re using an actual usb 2.0 port, but Windows is using the 3.0 drivers?
Correcto, the complete list of devices are intel's extensible host 3.1, root hub 3.0 and 5 usb composite devices, and looking through the device manager's driver list even with "compatable" unchekced, there seem to be no alternate 2.0 drivers listed.