Not an EMI thread - Terminal slug cursor is PSU resistance based, not interference based

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Thatweirdinputlag

Re: Not an EMI thread - Terminal slug cursor is PSU resistance based, not interference based

Post by Thatweirdinputlag » 07 Feb 2024, 23:54

xShino wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 10:12
Besides that, people tend to forget that on a new out of the box system with absolute stock settings everything runs perfectly smooth, snappy as it should, then a couple of days later that perfect 1 to 1 precise mouse movement, hitreg, character responsiveness goes down the drain and you never experience the same level of responsiveness, you'll definitely get close on certain days, but it's just not the same.

Yooo, speak for yourself. Not everyone has the same issues as you do. That said, I personally never had the feeling that my problem comes and goes or changes.
Not even a new system? And I do mean a new system, not a single component inside the old case, or even the case itself was used in my newest build. Monitor and other peripherals are the same though.
Rog Strix Z790i - Intel 13700K - 4090 OC ROG Strix - 7200 Trident G.Skill - 1TB SK Hynix Platinum P41 - 1000W ATX3.0 Asus Tuf - 34'' Odyssey OLED G8 - FinalMouse Tenz S/Pulsar Xlite V2 Mini - Wooting 60HE - Sennheiser HD 560s - Shure SM7b - GoXLR Mini

xShino

Re: Not an EMI thread - Terminal slug cursor is PSU resistance based, not interference based

Post by xShino » 08 Feb 2024, 05:48

Not even a new system? And I do mean a new system, not a single component inside the old case, or even the case itself was used in my newest build. Monitor and other peripherals are the same though.
Since I have this issue I got two whole new PCs and the problem was never gone. For me it's input lag and imprecise mouse movement - at least, that's what it feels like.

Noirpirate85

Post by Noirpirate85 » 08 Feb 2024, 11:14

i dont have a clue why it is that way to me it seems like there something in or with windows itself or they just have poor quality control at the cpu or Maiboard board produce side.
beacause they dont even really have the need for it like every year a new cpu line comes out, especcially on intel 13, 14, 15 .
amd went also toward this concept so many people buy a new one every year or every 2 and when the cpu is total off you just rma it and get a new one.
so i think quality seem to have not so high standards like previous generations.
it comes on the market with little or mor stability problems , bios get "fixed" over and over and after a year new cpu same and the and the wheel starts spinning again ... but that just my opinion dont have facts about it

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 08 Feb 2024, 19:02

Noirpirate85 wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 11:14
i dont have a clue why it is that way to me it seems like there something in or with windows itself or they just have poor quality control at the cpu or Maiboard board produce side.
beacause they dont even really have the need for it like every year a new cpu line comes out, especcially on intel 13, 14, 15 .
amd went also toward this concept so many people buy a new one every year or every 2 and when the cpu is total off you just rma it and get a new one.
so i think quality seem to have not so high standards like previous generations.
it comes on the market with little or mor stability problems , bios get "fixed" over and over and after a year new cpu same and the and the wheel starts spinning again ... but that just my opinion dont have facts about it
I managed to eliminate OS being a factor in inconsistent mouse movement. So can cross that off the list.
I wish I had access to 2.0 usb drivers, as I believe mouse used to work correctly in the 2.0s, not the 3.0 when was functioning correctly, and I want to see what the impact of having 2.0 ports handled by a 3.0 driver would be and if it’s possible that this is a contributing factor.

Mr1991

Post by Mr1991 » 08 Feb 2024, 20:52

Vocaleyes wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 19:02
Noirpirate85 wrote:
I managed to eliminate OS being a factor in inconsistent mouse movement. So can cross that off the list.
I wish I had access to 2.0 usb drivers, as I believe mouse used to work correctly in the 2.0s, not the 3.0 when was functioning correctly, and I want to see what the impact of having 2.0 ports handled by a 3.0 driver would be and if it’s possible that this is a contributing factor.
If you’re talking about Microsoft’s 2.0 drivers they are always on windows installs and can be accessed through device manager

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 09 Feb 2024, 14:51

Mr1991 wrote:
08 Feb 2024, 20:52
Vocaleyes wrote:
Noirpirate85 wrote:
If you’re talking about Microsoft’s 2.0 drivers they are always on windows installs and can be accessed through device manager
I'm not seeing those I'm afraid, took a couple of screenshots to show, if you can give a precise location that would be great. Thanks.
Attachments
usb3,0.jpg
usb3,0.jpg (69.91 KiB) Viewed 1539 times
DEVmgmt.jpg
DEVmgmt.jpg (24.3 KiB) Viewed 1539 times

Mr1991

Post by Mr1991 » 10 Feb 2024, 15:18

Vocaleyes wrote:
09 Feb 2024, 14:51
Mr1991 wrote:
Vocaleyes wrote:
Noirpirate85 wrote:
I'm not seeing those I'm afraid, took a couple of screenshots to show, if you can give a precise location that would be great. Thanks.
You have to uncheck show ones that are compatible

https://ibb.co/6FhTDtN

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 10 Feb 2024, 23:13

Mr1991 wrote:
10 Feb 2024, 15:18
Vocaleyes wrote:
Mr1991 wrote:
Vocaleyes wrote:

So replace the extensible 3.1 with the EHCI?

Mr1991

Post by Mr1991 » 11 Feb 2024, 00:02

Vocaleyes wrote:
10 Feb 2024, 23:13
Mr1991 wrote:
10 Feb 2024, 15:18
Vocaleyes wrote:
Mr1991 wrote:

So replace the extensible 3.1 with the EHCI?
I’m not sure it would be compatible, you’d have to try

Vocaleyes

Post by Vocaleyes » 11 Feb 2024, 13:52

Ok, so let me rephrase my initial statement, I wish there were compatible & usable 2.0 drivers for windows 10/11 as currently they are seemingly handled by the 3.0 drivers, which I would like to test to see if there's an issue there.

"If you’re talking about Microsoft’s 2.0 drivers they are always on windows installs and can be accessed through device manager" I'm talking about any 2.0 driver that handles 2.0 ports that I can use.