CS2 hit registration. New installation of Nvidia drivers fixed my desync but not for very long

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Slender

Re: CS2 hit registration. New installation of Nvidia drivers fixed my desync but not for very long

Post by Slender » 17 Feb 2024, 16:46

wilkN wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 16:44
Slender wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 16:41
wilkN wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 16:39
Slender wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 15:49

put devcon.exe on desktop
make a .bat file with

Code: Select all

devcon.exe restart "PCI\VEN_10DE*DEV_2482*SUBSYS_40901458*REV_A1"
where " " your gpu path location.
you need to change all & to * in path to work it.
make a shortcut from that .bat and go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp and past it
use .reg for decrease startup time for application

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Serialize]
"Startupdelayinmsec"=dword:00000000
hmm okay. but can't this be done with pnputil aswell, and just a hidden task schedule?
And is there a difference. or is devcon just your preferred way.
idk abour pnputil, if you have different method write about it. Also, you can restart pci lines from gpu, it same restart your driver (idk what better)
idk i might just be retarded, but i tried downloading devcon didnt get it to work, then i figured out about pnputil which already is a part of Windows.

Here it would work with a .bat file and a taskschedule to run it, simply because it needs to be opened as admin.
batchfile content is this
pnputil /restart-device "PCI\VEN_1912&DEV_0015&SUBSYS_00151912&REV_02\4&97A1985&0&0030"
maybe you need admin prev. to open that., idk, for me it work, but im use revios 11.

joseph_from_pilsen

Re: CS2 hit registration. New installation of Nvidia drivers fixed my desync but not for very long

Post by joseph_from_pilsen » 17 Feb 2024, 19:17

There were many updates previous 2 days. For me it broke different thing - the game started flapping between normal 450fps and laggy 270fps. Just running either at 450 or at 270fps causing huge stutter. What helped was to flush shaders - disable shader memory in NVCP, run the game, it will lag terribly with 0 shader cache, turn the game off, turn shader memory to 100GB or unlimited again and the shaders will be force-renewed. Then it stopped fps drops and stutter. May help you too.

Unfortunatelly, the game is DoA nevertheless. Obsolete render (dx11 with vulkan only emulated from native dx11 = middle finger to players), poor netcode (ticktiming 60ms at localhost is bad joke causing terrible desync between players giving absurd delay to any interaction between player and opponent players). These 2 things will cause issues ALWAYS as they simply prevent the 2 needed critical things in fps game to be present (responsibility and scalability), and both would require reworks nearly from scratch to be fixed (nearly zero probability to happen).

EDIT: The issue with 450-500 and 270-280fps flapping between these values still persists, seems to be deathmatch issue only, look here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrGCwD0QHUY
Last edited by joseph_from_pilsen on 23 Feb 2024, 21:13, edited 2 times in total.

TN_fun

Post by TN_fun » 18 Feb 2024, 14:27

Hey guys. Explain one thing to me. Why does the game work just perfectly for people like Donk? You can watch his streams. 0 desynchronization, perfect smoothness, no Ferrari peek, perfect movement of enemy models. This guy has a ping of 100, btw.

cursed-gamer

Post by cursed-gamer » 18 Feb 2024, 14:44

TN_fun wrote:
18 Feb 2024, 14:27
Hey guys. Explain one thing to me. Why does the game work just perfectly for people like Donk? You can watch his streams. 0 desynchronization, perfect smoothness, no Ferrari peek, perfect movement of enemy models. This guy has a ping of 100, btw.
I noticed that too. For some players like Zywoo, Donk, d0cc, ropz, twistzz Counter Strike works just perfect. Better than for the others and it's clearly visible.

And most important: it is consistent at all times

RealTweaker

Post by RealTweaker » 19 Feb 2024, 01:41

Slender wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 11:44
dermodemon wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 10:48
Slender wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 05:11
dermodemon wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 03:42
I noticed that with a new driver installation on the video card, the first day the registration of hits in CS2 was completely normal. But after a few days the registration gets worse and worse until I install a new driver again. What could be the reason?
you can get same effect if you use restart64 from cru or devcon, or just disable nvidia driver and enable it again from device manager.
How and why does it work? I am really confused right now. :D
idk, reboot drivers can resolve that issue.
im use devcon to restart nvidia driver every boot (im put .bat to startup + decrese startup application time). But idk what better restart driver every boot, or only 1 reboot can fix that.
im sure about 1 things about it.
i have same on usb driver, when i have that bug, my mousetester shows 1990-2010 delta, after im restart usb driver i get stable 1998-2002 delta, but im need to restart 1/3 times and idk about gpu - im need restart it every boot or 1 time. Sorry about my eng, but i think you know what im write.
How do you restart usb drivers? I have high polling rate mouse and my mousetester graph seems to get worse the more time passes since reboot.
Do you play CS2? If yes, can you please share other things that can help? Seen many helpful posts from you, big thanks for your contribution to the community.
Friendly reminder for everyone who plays CS2 to turn on Hyperthreading/SMT (Virtual cores) as the games code is broken and when u disable HT/SMT game just uses x2 resources for no reason. Just played few deathmatches with SMT off, i was constantly teleporting/walking sluggish, weird lags. Idk about if this only applies to AMD CPUs but def worth trying.

Slender

Post by Slender » 19 Feb 2024, 08:28

RealTweaker wrote:
19 Feb 2024, 01:41
Slender wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 11:44
dermodemon wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 10:48
Slender wrote:
17 Feb 2024, 05:11

you can get same effect if you use restart64 from cru or devcon, or just disable nvidia driver and enable it again from device manager.
How and why does it work? I am really confused right now. :D
idk, reboot drivers can resolve that issue.
im use devcon to restart nvidia driver every boot (im put .bat to startup + decrese startup application time). But idk what better restart driver every boot, or only 1 reboot can fix that.
im sure about 1 things about it.
i have same on usb driver, when i have that bug, my mousetester shows 1990-2010 delta, after im restart usb driver i get stable 1998-2002 delta, but im need to restart 1/3 times and idk about gpu - im need restart it every boot or 1 time. Sorry about my eng, but i think you know what im write.
How do you restart usb drivers? I have high polling rate mouse and my mousetester graph seems to get worse the more time passes since reboot.
Do you play CS2? If yes, can you please share other things that can help? Seen many helpful posts from you, big thanks for your contribution to the community.
Friendly reminder for everyone who plays CS2 to turn on Hyperthreading/SMT (Virtual cores) as the games code is broken and when u disable HT/SMT game just uses x2 resources for no reason. Just played few deathmatches with SMT off, i was constantly teleporting/walking sluggish, weird lags. Idk about if this only applies to AMD CPUs but def worth trying.
you can restart your usb from usbtreeviewer or use same method from devcon/pnputil.
if you have amd you can try enable SMT in bios and use

bcdedit /set numproc 8
it locked your 8/16 to 8/8 from OS, try it maybe it better.
About cs, im use all settings low/disable reflex/disable low-latency mode in nvidia (off) and set max prerendered frames 1 from nvidiaprofile inspector. Also, im use locked voltage 1v for my gpu from msi afterberner.

Mr1991

Post by Mr1991 » 23 Feb 2024, 05:08

A similar one you can try is Ctrl, Shift, Windows key + B at the same time, refreshes graphics driver, seems to make mouse control a bit more accurate

donworkinson

Post by donworkinson » 24 Feb 2024, 18:20

Mr1991 wrote:
23 Feb 2024, 05:08
A similar one you can try is Ctrl, Shift, Windows key + B at the same time, refreshes graphics driver, seems to make mouse control a bit more accurate
Was about to ask. What's the difference? Any benefits of doing it other way then just Ctrl+Shift+Windows key + B ?

Mr1991

Post by Mr1991 » 25 Feb 2024, 23:55

That one just resets the Driver from what I’m aware, but the one on CRU seems to be more of a full on reset, as my screen goes black for longer and I get the device removal sound, just the one I suggested is easier I guess

samzor

Post by samzor » 26 Feb 2024, 10:51

cursed-gamer wrote:
18 Feb 2024, 14:44
TN_fun wrote:
18 Feb 2024, 14:27
I noticed that too. For some players like Zywoo, Donk, d0cc, ropz, twistzz Counter Strike works just perfect. Better than for the others and it's clearly visible.

And most important: it is consistent at all times
very interesting. One info would be that perhaps they have very special skilled guy in their organisation (which has a ton of money to spend) on tweaking all those stuff for them. As it is clearly an advantage against the other, they don't publish them.