Old Mouse Drivers Were Hiding And I Found Them

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
ptaylor54

Old Mouse Drivers Were Hiding And I Found Them

Post by ptaylor54 » 18 Mar 2024, 04:30

For the longest time I had only used a single mouse and my input lag and precision felt spot on and my aim felt good. All up until I purchased a new mouse and tried to plug and play.

Everything felt off and laggy, however I thought that it was likely just the newness of the mouse that I would get used to. But as the weeks went on without improvement I decided to give in and just go back to my old mouse. But now the old mouse felt laggy and weird as well. So, I went to the device manager and enabled hidden devices and deleted all the different old drivers and thought maybe I had solved the problem. But as the days past the lagginess stayed and it felt as if I would never get back to the old snappiness that I felt.

All felt lost until I was just messing around in the Device Manager and found if you enable hidden devices go to the view tab and sort by devices by container there were all of the old mice[https://i.ibb.co/r2RTHVD/Screenshot-202 ... 21.png/url] and their drivers lingering. After deleting them and resetting my PC the snappiness I had initially felt had returned and I was able to even replicate it on the new mouse as well.

Not sure if this is common knowledge, as I had only seen the mouse driver fix pertaining to the first page of the Device manager but never one that explored the other pages and found these hidden devices still in the background. Anyway hope it helps some of you:)

Tea

Re: Old Mouse Drivers Were Hiding And I Found Them

Post by Tea » 18 Mar 2024, 10:22

Hi bro, can you describe it in detail? It would be very grateful if you could make a video

xShino

Post by xShino » 18 Mar 2024, 11:30

Tea wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 10:22
Hi bro, can you describe it in detail? It would be very grateful if you could make a video
Just watch this till about 1:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h21WGffIhnE

Slender

Post by Slender » 18 Mar 2024, 15:24

ptaylor54 wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 04:30
For the longest time I had only used a single mouse and my input lag and precision felt spot on and my aim felt good. All up until I purchased a new mouse and tried to plug and play.

Everything felt off and laggy, however I thought that it was likely just the newness of the mouse that I would get used to. But as the weeks went on without improvement I decided to give in and just go back to my old mouse. But now the old mouse felt laggy and weird as well. So, I went to the device manager and enabled hidden devices and deleted all the different old drivers and thought maybe I had solved the problem. But as the days past the lagginess stayed and it felt as if I would never get back to the old snappiness that I felt.

All felt lost until I was just messing around in the Device Manager and found if you enable hidden devices go to the view tab and sort by devices by container there were all of the old mice[https://i.ibb.co/r2RTHVD/Screenshot-202 ... 21.png/url] and their drivers lingering. After deleting them and resetting my PC the snappiness I had initially felt had returned and I was able to even replicate it on the new mouse as well.

Not sure if this is common knowledge, as I had only seen the mouse driver fix pertaining to the first page of the Device manager but never one that explored the other pages and found these hidden devices still in the background. Anyway hope it helps some of you:)
devicecleanup

Tea

Post by Tea » 18 Mar 2024, 20:57

xShino wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 11:30
Tea wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 10:22
Just watch this till about 1:20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h21WGffIhnE
ty man i will try it

ptaylor54

Post by ptaylor54 » 19 Mar 2024, 00:25

Another additional find I made was that if you are trying to use a mouse that isn't a logitech but used logitech previously then uninstalling the ghub isn't enough as they also have a Ghub Enumerator hiding in the device manager and auto run an application titled "Logi Lamp Array Service" that was also causing significant input lag on any mice that were not logitech. Unfortunately I've had trouble deleting the logi lamp array service and instead just disable it so it isnt active on boot.

*Edit
After playing for a day if you are having trouble with micro corrections or feel like there is some small resistance on your mouse when playing games (most obvious in tac shooters), the Logi Lamp Array system level program is legit mouse cancer. After disabling it from running my mouse feels perfectly accurate again and like i'm actually getting 1-1 response.