A few questions about monitors input lag.

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
LoudCallum

A few questions about monitors input lag.

Post by LoudCallum » 14 Oct 2014, 22:24

Hi,
I have been reading up about monitors for the past couple of weeks to find out which one would suit my play style, and think a low input lag monitor would be best for me. But I am unsure about some questions;
-After reading Best Twitch-Type Gaming LCD? I think the best monitors are the BenQ XL2420Z and the Asus VG248QE for low input lag, does any monitor have an input lag advantage over the other?
-Does the new ROG SWIFT PG278Q have an input lag advantage over the BenQ XL2420Z and the Asus VG248QE?
-And would the 240Hz Non-interpolated zero-buffer display made last year have the best input lag compared to these?
Thank you for your help
-Loud

Haste

Re: A few questions about monitors input lag.

Post by Haste » 14 Oct 2014, 22:37

Hi LoudCallum
LoudCallum wrote:I think the best monitors are the BenQ XL2420Z and the Asus VG248QE for low input lag,
Yes.
LoudCallum wrote: does any monitor have an input lag advantage over the other?
They have about the same amount of input lag.
If I remember correctly, the Asus one had a very small advantage on the tests I've read.
LoudCallum wrote:-Does the new ROG SWIFT PG278Q have an input lag advantage over the BenQ XL2420Z and the Asus VG248QE?
No.
LoudCallum wrote: -And would the 240Hz Non-interpolated zero-buffer display made last year have the best input lag compared to these?
Yes.
Monitor: Gigabyte M27Q X

LoudCallum

Post by LoudCallum » 14 Oct 2014, 23:29

Thanks, appreciate that

Also do you have a link of the tests? I thought they would be the same because of the shared panel but I suppose there could always be a software difference.

LoudCallum

Post by LoudCallum » 15 Oct 2014, 18:03

In fact, if anybody knows, if a monitor has less than 2 frames of input lag (16ms if i remember) does it matter what the actual input lag is since it will always be a frame after the gpu?