Asus vg248qe vs Benq xl2430t

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
kevin2428

Re: Asus vg248qe vs Benq xl2430t

Post by kevin2428 » 10 Nov 2014, 01:19

alright thanks again you've been a great help.

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 10 Nov 2014, 01:23

idk.....I want to order one now...but does that mean my 2720Z is useless and should be thrown away or something?

(btw if you can upload a recording of the alien invasion test/fullscreen so we can see exactly where the crosstalk artifacts are, because its a bit hard to understand from your description if it's simply adjusted differently than V2/V3 on the Z series or if it really does have accelerated scanout...I removed the VT tweaks and it still seems like it can look the way you described :(

aeliusg

Post by aeliusg » 10 Nov 2014, 07:40

Falkentyne wrote:idk.....I want to order one now...but does that mean my 2720Z is useless and should be thrown away or something?

(btw if you can upload a recording of the alien invasion test/fullscreen so we can see exactly where the crosstalk artifacts are, because its a bit hard to understand from your description if it's simply adjusted differently than V2/V3 on the Z series or if it really does have accelerated scanout...I removed the VT tweaks and it still seems like it can look the way you described :(
No video camera either, sorry. Haven't even got a smartphone. :cry:

The crosstalk band is two to three lines of UFOs thick. At the default "area" setting of 10 it's only on the top of the screen. What else should I be looking for in regards to accelerated scanout?

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 10 Nov 2014, 08:58

Ah ok now I see how you worded it.
That's not acc scanout...that's just like the Z series set to Strobe phase 16 (OSD) and strobe duty 6 (brightness/persistence).
I thought you said at first, three lines of PIXELS deep originally....that would make it identical to lightboost.

I quickly put my Z into lightboost mode, ran testufo and noticed there was only the faintest crosstalk at the first three PIXEL rows at the top, and none at the bottom..just some nasty ghosting.

So I went back to a non VT setting (VT for 50hz only, to not have the monitor reset or backlight damaged at 50hz if BBR is on), tried to approximate your "Ufos' 2 to 3 ufo lines thick" from the top, with a fant pattern at the bottom, and that seemed closest to a strobe phase duty of 6 and phase (area) of 16.

Would this be a better description?
"2.5 UFO lines (2 fully and then one line of faint) of thick crosstalk at the top (top 3) and half a line to 1 line of faint (basically copying the intensity of the third top UFO line) at the bottom?

if so then that's not acc scanout...just the strobe phase adjustable in the OSD and tweaked to not be at 000 by default without vertical tweaks :)

aeliusg

Post by aeliusg » 10 Nov 2014, 09:22

Falkentyne wrote:Ah ok now I see how you worded it.
That's not acc scanout...that's just like the Z series set to Strobe phase 16 (OSD) and strobe duty 6 (brightness/persistence).
I thought you said at first, three lines of PIXELS deep originally....that would make it identical to lightboost.

I quickly put my Z into lightboost mode, ran testufo and noticed there was only the faintest crosstalk at the first three PIXEL rows at the top, and none at the bottom..just some nasty ghosting.

So I went back to a non VT setting (VT for 50hz only, to not have the monitor reset or backlight damaged at 50hz if BBR is on), tried to approximate your "Ufos' 2 to 3 ufo lines thick" from the top, with a fant pattern at the bottom, and that seemed closest to a strobe phase duty of 6 and phase (area) of 16.

Would this be a better description?
"2.5 UFO lines (2 fully and then one line of faint) of thick crosstalk at the top (top 3) and half a line to 1 line of faint (basically copying the intensity of the third top UFO line) at the bottom?

if so then that's not acc scanout...just the strobe phase adjustable in the OSD and tweaked to not be at 000 by default without vertical tweaks :)
That sounds right. Good thing you clarified it. :D Saves you the wasted time and money. I haven't tried the blurbusters utility, but I don't think I will bother since I don't notice any crosstalk during actual gameplay.

Edit: Anyway, I should say it looks closer to this image: http://www.blurbusters.com/wp-content/u ... al1350.jpg

than this one: http://www.blurbusters.com/wp-content/u ... sstalk.jpg

from Mark's reply here: http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic ... =774#p5846