can't turn off gpu up scaling AMD Catalyst

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Eyalcsgo

can't turn off gpu up scaling AMD Catalyst

Post by Eyalcsgo » 25 Dec 2014, 21:23

i untick it and click apply and it just ticks it selfs after i click it.. i did clean uninstall of the drivers tried older ones but nothing helps..

i heard that disabling the scaling removes some input lags wonder if its really true...
and also i ticked the option "reduce dvi frequency on high resolution displays" and i think it reduced the input lag by alot! maybe placebo idk...

alright blur busters hallpppp pliis ;] :)

Falkentyne

Re: can't turn off gpu up scaling AMD Catalyst

Post by Falkentyne » 25 Dec 2014, 23:41

Use display driver uninstaller (DDU) in safe mode.

I don't know why GPU scaling would be or remain checked. Its unchecked by default. In older drivers before the 14.xx beta series, you could only enable or disable GPU scaling options (like full panel size, 1:1, aspect) if you were NOT at the native screen resolution (e.g. 1920x1080). In newer ones, you can change the scaling options, but sometimes the settings don't take effect unless you are at a lower resolution when you change them.

And what GPU scaling really does is this:
When gpu scaling is ENABLED, it takes EVERY resolution that is UNDER the native resolution and scales them based on the native resolution, so every single possible resolution is given a 1920x1080 display signal. So you can make or use strange custom resolutions like 1650x1020 (If I recall correctly) and the GPU would scale them from 1920x1080.

When GPU scaling is DISABLED, all standard monitor resolutions with discrete timings in the edid or registry are displayed by the monitor itself. Any non standard resolutions that are not recognized by the monitor will be handled by the GPU (and thus GPU scaled anyway, even with GPU scaling disabled). GPY scaling disabled does not remove all GPU scaling, as you can now see.

Eyalcsgo

Post by Eyalcsgo » 25 Dec 2014, 23:50

i already uninstalled it at safe mode and tried another versions but it didnt work .. it was still ticked at gpu up scaling even tho i used my native resolution of the xl2430t 1980x1020...

its not on grey .. it just after i untick it and click on apply it just ticks itself again like im a no one T.T

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 26 Dec 2014, 00:17

That's a system problem, then. Maybe reinstall windows.
You should get the HPD/USB connection sound whenever you enable or disable GPU scaling, and I've used AMD drivers ever since Catalyst was first released, and I NEVER ever saw GPU scaling enabled by default, on any driver version, ever. It's always disabled by default.

Check your software or maybe wipe the OS.

Eyalcsgo

Post by Eyalcsgo » 26 Dec 2014, 00:25

reinstall windows T.T i have so many tweaks that i made so lazy to do it again... and what if it wont work again T.T

must be another way to fix it =/

Eyalcsgo

Post by Eyalcsgo » 26 Dec 2014, 00:33

and btw i have benq xl2430t maybe thats why?

Eyalcsgo

Post by Eyalcsgo » 26 Dec 2014, 00:46

Falkentyne thank you sir!
i just did what you told me at the first post, i use the ddu in safe boot... ( what i didnt do at the begin , didnt uninstall at safe boot)
and then i installed 1 older version 14.9 and it works fine now! only having problem with the 14.12 T.T

thank you !

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 26 Dec 2014, 03:50

Glad it worked.
DDU itself suggests that you use safe mode, because certain registry values and files are not accessible or unlockable (to be deleted) if you are in normal boot mode.