Nvidia or AMD for competitive gaming ?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
stirner

Re: Nvidia or AMD for competitive gaming ?

Post by stirner » 07 Feb 2015, 20:53

Well, that's interesting. At least now I know for sure to set pre-render to 1 instead of "use application setting".

flood

Post by flood » 08 Feb 2015, 01:08

so instead of testing everything individually and independently how about i just do whatever it takes to make csgo supposedly laggy and then change each setting back until it measures fine

so tell me guys, how do i make csgo as laggy as possible without:
vsync
frame rate capping
running windowed mode/borderless fullscreen

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 08 Feb 2015, 02:51

Lol. now that I think of it, it's really hard to think of real changes that could actually effect the game, one of the biggest one that I hear for m_rawinput to be turned OFF is because team NIP have it turned off in their configs. And almost no one can agree weather or not m_mousespeed needs to be 1/0...

it could possibly be off because they are using the R-input DLL injector program, but who knows...

Edit: If you want to know what "Expectation bias" is google m_mousespeed :lol:

SImonsays

Post by SImonsays » 08 Feb 2015, 12:01

lexlazootin wrote: Yea ecay, you're just shit. join the real leagues and learn about peakers advantage.

lol, you serious simon? :lol:
I never said he was shit, just incredibly inexperienced considering there is people with over 20k hours of cs experience. Of course he will get destroyed if he plays in a predictable way or static.

His entire premise about him only dying because he has a certain graphics card is laughable.

Black Octagon

Post by Black Octagon » 08 Feb 2015, 14:19

The red ones go faster

/thread

stirner

Post by stirner » 08 Feb 2015, 16:51

so tell me guys, how do i make csgo as laggy as possible
Most of the settings are indeed more performance-oriented than directly related to input lag. But I guess you could turn up FXAA/Anisotropic filtering, set pre-render to 4 or application-controlled with multicore rendering enabled, set csgo process priority to low, use standard input and acceleration, with non-6/11 and enhanced pointer precision enabled, use software/drivers specific for your mouse, have I/O background processes running without them affecting framerate (e.g. image/text editors), enable steam overlay, use GPU scaling to stretch a resolution to fit a foreign aspect ratio, have multiple monitors active with NVIDIA's multi-display performance setting, use display post-processing effects should your monitor offer any, DVI-to-VGA/vice-versa conversion, enable selective USB power saving and PCI power management in the advanced power settings, enable core parking, enhanced CPU sleep (C-States) and enable/disable HPET in the BIOS and cmd. Have multiple users logged in on your PC, change display DPI, have all onboard chips enabled, use standard scheduled tasks (Update, Defragment, Scan), ...
Just a bunch of stuff that generally is regarded as degrading the gaming capabilities of a system without directly affecting framerate.

flood

Post by flood » 08 Feb 2015, 18:01

Black Octagon wrote:The red ones go faster

/thread
nah intel hd graphics are better

ecay

Post by ecay » 13 Feb 2015, 09:25

Hi again guys. I sold my ASUS GTX770 Direct CU II OC.I will buy R9 290x(or above if possible) but probably on April 2015.In March im going to Bangkok-KL-Singapore for 20 nights.When im back i will post my review.

Now im playing at 60 hertz :D with my Intel HD 4600 integrated gpu.t's not acceptable HD 4600 doesnt support above 60 hertz with dual link DVI.Road to deranking :D

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 13 Feb 2015, 10:05

ecay wrote:Hi again guys. I sold my ASUS GTX770 Direct CU II OC.I will buy R9 290x(or above if possible) but probably on April 2015.In March im going to Bangkok-KL-Singapore for 20 nights.When im back i will post my review.

Now im playing at 60 hertz :D with my Intel HD 4600 integrated gpu.t's not acceptable HD 4600 doesnt support above 60 hertz with dual link DVI.Road to deranking :D
I don't even know if it works but have you tried using the "custom resolution utility" and creating a new res?

flood

Post by flood » 13 Feb 2015, 20:50

pretty sure i was able to get 150hz on my crt at low res with intel hd4600...