Looking for a good PC and Console Gaming Monitor

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Maliken121

Looking for a good PC and Console Gaming Monitor

Post by Maliken121 » 06 Mar 2015, 08:28

Hello i would like to begin with this is my first time posting on this forum.

I am looking for help picking out a good PC and Console gaming monitor with the lowest possible input lag and fast response time i have been looking into a couple monitors but i cannot decide on which to buy.

So these are the monitors i have been looking at BenQ RL2755HM, BenQ RL2455HM, BenQ RL2460HT, and the Asus VG248QE. if anyone can help me pick a better monitor or can help me decide on which to get (i am not only locked on these monitors.)

Specs i want to help me pick a good monitor: 1080p, 24" or 27" must work with PC and Console gaming because i do both. Must have lowest possible input lag and fast response time, colors are important but i know TN panels wont have amazing color reproduction and i already know this i do not want a IPS panel because the response time is to low and input lag is horrible. and i do not really care about high refresh rate monitors like 144hz or 120hz because i have been gaming on a 60hz refresh rate monitor forever now and i am used to it so 60hz is good enough for me also when i play games with my console the extra refresh rates wont do anything anyways but that being said i do, do alot of PC gaming more than anything and i only have a GTX 670 2gb ftw edition and a i5-3570k not overclocked CPU with 8gb ram so i woulnd't be able to push 144 frames anyways untill i upgrade. (Height adjust is important also)

i am located in Canada and this is where i plan on buying a monitor from its a local PC store where i live http://www.memoryexp...s/Location/WpgW so if you can help me pick one from here that would be great!

Gaming platforms i plan to use this monitor for: PC/PS4/Xbox1 and Wii U

Gaming genres i play : Fighting games, FPS, RPG, MMO, Zombie games and survival and more

Main reason why i want a fast response time and lowest possible input lag monitor is for Fighting games because the monitor and tv i currently use has terrible input lag problems.

Fighting games i play DBZ Xenoverse, Super smash bros wii u and mortal kombat and others.

Thank you for taking the time to read my thread and thank you in advanced for any help and suggestions on which monitor i should buy its greatly appreciated

lexlazootin

Re: Looking for a good PC and Console Gaming Monitor

Post by lexlazootin » 06 Mar 2015, 12:41

Buy a Benq RL series. They do 60hz and have the lowest input lag of all monitors. I can't tell which one to get because the difference between these monitors are very small changes.