I type faster than my display in desktop mode, why!?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
Irlwizard

I type faster than my display in desktop mode, why!?

Post by Irlwizard » 09 Jun 2015, 09:53

As I write in word or sometimes in the browser... My sentences and words cannot visually keep up with my keystrokes.

By the time I have finished writing this my monitor was only up to the word I have highlighted in BOLD letters. I know that it is not a CPU or RAM issue as the computer seems very idle according to task manager. It must has something to do with how the VGA and display works. The input lag goes away if I take out my GPU and just use Intel graphics but with the GTX760 it lags (yes I have the latest drivers), does this happen because I have Vsync on in desktop mode and the GPU wants to do 300FPS or whatever even tho my display can only display 60Hz.

PS: It is not my Cherry MX Red keyboard, I have tried an old Logitech non USB keyboard and the same problem happens. I’m not even a fast typist I only do about 70-100wpm.

Edit: When I finish typing and just wait a few seconds all the words slowly show up by themselves even tho I do not press a key. It sucks because I can not see if I have made a typo until maybe 3-7seconds after I made the mistake.

flood

Re: I type faster than my display in desktop mode, why!?

Post by flood » 10 Jun 2015, 15:19

dam
around here when we mention input lag we're usually discussing milliseconds.
what you have is on another level then...

i've no idea... does this only happen with the browser?

Bishi

Post by Bishi » 14 Jun 2015, 04:59

It's not the screen or display drivers. Try closing anything that 'hooks' the keyboard like hotkey programs etc.

Also make sure your keyboard is plugged into USB 2 ports not USB 3. Revert and XHCI BIOS options to default.

Illegaltaco15

Post by Illegaltaco15 » 10 Sep 2015, 22:15

Its because your a wizard.