Weird input lag?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
flood

Re: Weird input lag?

Post by flood » 13 Aug 2015, 21:32

br00m

Post by br00m » 19 Apr 2017, 15:14

I know this is really old and nobody is going to read this but since i hopped into CSS for an hour and played csgo again i could feel the input lag in csgo. I guess its just bad gamecode but if anyone knows a fix id gladly aappreciate it.

RealNC
Site Admin

Post by RealNC » 19 Apr 2017, 19:29

Disable vsync and don't play in windowed mode. Use exclusive fullscreen. Force vsync off in the driver to be sure. Don't use ANY command line options. "-novid" and "-freq 144" are the only ones you can use. Don't use any autoexec commands that "tweak" performance. Just fps_max and rates.

If you messed up your game with idiotic console and startup commands, you need to delete everything and let the game create clear new config files. If you don't know how to do that, then I'm sorry. Don't touch things you don't understand.
SteamGitHubStack Overflow
The views and opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Blur Busters.