High/Premium "AMA" on the Benq XL2430T?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
spacencs

High/Premium "AMA" on the Benq XL2430T?

Post by spacencs » 11 Mar 2016, 11:19

Hey, thanks for clicking this and dont worry, I did read all threads I could find with the google search. I know about the firmware update on old monitors, what ama is for and the thing with ghosting.

So my question, I read many different things, causing my confusion.
Is high or premium faster, idc about ghosting/fraction/picture quality, which is the faster one, when do I see the enemy the fastest? Is there any real test about this exact thing?

Thanks for any help, input, or links. I really appreciate it!

Q83Ia7ta

Re: High/Premium "AMA" on the Benq XL2430T?

Post by Q83Ia7ta » 11 Mar 2016, 21:15

spacencs wrote:Is high or premium faster, idc about ghosting/fraction/picture quality, which is the faster one, when do I see the enemy the fastest? Is there any real test about this exact thing?
Premium is bit faster with a cost of more added overshoot.
tldr: If you notice overshoot (artifacts) and don't like it then use AMA: High. If your don't notice overdrive (artifacts) then use AMA: Premium.
Read "Response Times" section at http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/benq_xl2730z.htm for details.
Yes it's another panel but it's BenQ AMA.

If compare an average G2G for Premium it's 2.3ms and for High it's 3.1ms.
So you will see enemy in 0.8ms faster in average while your reaction time must be 120-200ms :)
That times above is for XL2730Z but I'm sure times and difference won't change dramatically for XL2430T.
So again if you notice overshoot (artifacts) and don't like it then use AMA: High. If your don't notice any overshoot (artifacts) then use AMA: Premium.
By my experience at my setup (fps game with high brightness set) any overshoot don't bother me so I used premium.

spacencs

Re: High/Premium "AMA" on the Benq XL2430T?

Post by spacencs » 11 Mar 2016, 21:58

Wow, thanks. That was so on point and really well explained. Thanks for the fast help, have a good day :)