Questions about trace free and input lag

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
ReaverQ

Questions about trace free and input lag

Post by ReaverQ » 01 Sep 2016, 17:32

I have spent a good amount of time looking this up but one site says it does one site says it doesn't. I have a Asus VS248H-P I read about ghosting and inverse ghosting, I don't have a concern with that. I just want to know does trace free increase input lag or decrease it on 0 or does it decrease or increase on 100? I just want to know what direction increase or decreases it? I can feel a difference on my controller while playing on the ps4/black op3. I shouldn't say feel cause I know the controller isn't changing its what I am seeing on my screen. My input I guess is what I am talking about one feels loose and smoother the other feels tighter but I feel my shots are off. Either way I am sure 100% that it is changing and I need to readjust every time I change it its like learning to use a new sensitivity. Also I have checked this site and display lag and I can't find this model with recommendations. I know it might seem odd I feel a difference but I am very sensitive and I just want to know what is going on?

Sparky

Re: Questions about trace free and input lag

Post by Sparky » 01 Sep 2016, 20:06

Overdrive slightly decreases input lag. Just use the setting with the least amount of ghosting. On a console you have many times more input lag just from vsync.

ReaverQ

Post by ReaverQ » 01 Sep 2016, 20:59

Sparky wrote:Overdrive slightly decreases input lag. Just use the setting with the least amount of ghosting. On a console you have many times more input lag just from vsync.
Alright just to be 100% clear using trace free 100 will make the buttons I press react faster? I have no concern with ghosting I never see it anyways on console most you will see is just motion blur if the trace free is on 0. At one point I thought I seen inverse ghosting on my red dot while on 100 but it was a while ago I might of been wrong cause I don't notice any of that now. So if I set it to 100 and it reacts the fastest I will be happy cause like I said I have no issues with ghosting it doesn't bother me I am more on performance than a pretty picture.

Sparky

Post by Sparky » 01 Sep 2016, 21:44

ReaverQ wrote:
Sparky wrote:Overdrive slightly decreases input lag. Just use the setting with the least amount of ghosting. On a console you have many times more input lag just from vsync.
Alright just to be 100% clear using trace free 100 will make the buttons I press react faster? I have no concern with ghosting I never see it anyways on console most you will see is just motion blur if the trace free is on 0. At one point I thought I seen inverse ghosting on my red dot while on 100 but it was a while ago I might of been wrong cause I don't notice any of that now. So if I set it to 100 and it reacts the fastest I will be happy cause like I said I have no issues with ghosting it doesn't bother me I am more on performance than a pretty picture.
Yup, but don't expect a big difference in latency.