Blur Busters Forums

Who you gonna call? The Blur Busters! For Everything Better Than 60Hz™ Skip to content

TestUFO Display Lag Test coming! (SMTT accurate)

Everything about input lag. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more!

Re: TestUFO Display Lag Test coming! (SMTT accurate)

Postby NCX » 27 Dec 2016, 09:50

Chief Blur Buster wrote:I wouldn't mind some peer reviewers, once the methods/instructions are posted, of course. Keep tuned.

I look forward to trying this! Have you asked Thomas Thiemann to test it out? http://smtt.thomasthiemann.com/impressum_en.html

His site still lists the free trial key which might still work if you want to compare:

http://smtt.thomasthiemann.com/downloads_en.html

My license still works so I don't want to be a guienea pig and try it out.
NCX

Postby LulaNord » 25 May 2017, 13:02

Hi...i am a new user here. I observed potential lag differentials occur between graphics cards outputs, with some cards, on some systems. To test via cloning, we should measure with the same output technology to reduce the odds of this and then you also want to measure once, then measure again with the outputs swapped, to make sure there's no lag differential changes caused by differences between the outputs.

circuit assembly
Last edited by LulaNord on 23 Jun 2017, 15:05, edited 1 time in total.
LulaNord

Postby Chief Blur Buster » 25 May 2017, 13:08

LulaNord wrote:Hi...i am a new user here. I observed potential lag differentials occur between graphics cards outputs, with some cards, on some systems. To test via cloning, we should measure with the same output technology to reduce the odds of this and then you also want to measure once, then measure again with the outputs swapped, to make sure there's no lag differential changes caused by differences between the outputs.

Yes, if you do not have identical monitors, the monitor-swap is the correct method, as input lag measurements should invert itself accurately if the cloning is lagless. That said, there are caveats that apply (exact same cables -- DVI/DVI or HDMI/HDMI -- and swap on exactly the same inputs)

There's also a method to measure lag differentials -- two identical monitors connected will show differences if there is cloning-lag. Seen in either high speed video and/or a fast-shutter photograph -- with SMTT -- allowing you to measure the lag differential of cloned inputs. Same principle applies.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter!
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Input Lag