BENQ2411Z HELP NEEDED!

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
oceandream

BENQ2411Z HELP NEEDED!

Post by oceandream » 02 Feb 2017, 16:30

hello,

i am new to this form. i recently got a benq2411z monitor, the manual and online videos/forums suggest there is supposed to be an "instant mode" on the monitor. i have searched everywhere but the OSD does not have any such option. can someone help me? thanks a lot

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: BENQ2411Z HELP NEEDED!

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 02 Feb 2017, 16:38

Instant mode is running by default on the Z-series monitors upon plugging it in for first time -- and when running in regular FPS modes / non-strobed / non-ULMB modes.

Instant mode was a menu option but since it's the default mode of operation in most 120Hz+ monitors, the setting is not in the menus anymore.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

oceandream

Post by oceandream » 02 Feb 2017, 16:42

hello does the "standard" picture mode also have the "instant mode" enabled. i find this to look a bit better. as the fps modes seem to look really bad. as their any con on playing in this mode from a competitive gaming performance point of view.

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 02 Feb 2017, 17:08

The FPS modes do strange stuff to the low level color settings.
I think it's something like, brown becomes orangeish, Cyan becomes Teal, and reds have a different hue.

RTS mode does similar things as FPS mode except now blue becomes sky blue :/

Some games may look better on FPS1 mode, especially if the saturation of the reds make things look better. I would not ever use RTS mode.