Additional input lag with new Geforce driver 337.50?

Everything about latency. Tips, testing methods, mouse lag, display lag, game engine lag, network lag, whole input lag chain, VSYNC OFF vs VSYNC ON, and more! Input Lag Articles on Blur Busters.
war1

Re: Additional input lag with new Geforce driver 337.50?

Post by war1 » 12 Aug 2014, 14:43

RealNC wrote:
flood wrote:if it's on for single-gpu............well that's just stupid

still though it shouldn't really affect games which run at >200fps.

maybe that explains why, with nvidia, i'd always get 2 frames of input lag in a double-buffered vsync'd test program whereas i'd get 1 frame with intel.
It doesn't depend on vsync being on, actually. Frame metering works just the same with vsync off, because the frame time variations were discovered by review sites and they are always benchmarking with vsync off.

This was only a problem with SLI. If NVidia is somehow enabling this on single-GPU configurations, that would be... well, stupid.
I have a suspicion they do, or the added delay for the subsystems transfer over to single card, PLUS ManuelG from nvidia forums said it's always on no matter what. That's why i would like an ON/OFF switch for that.

The reply he gave me,
ManuelG wrote:Unfortunately I don't think this is a setting that can easily be turned off. I just checked the RFE for this and do not see any method via registry to disable this. You can always start a thread asking users to chime in and see if there is a lot of other users requesting this feature and if so, I could put in an RFE for an on/off switch.

war1

Post by war1 » 14 Aug 2014, 17:18

OK, not entirely sure what i did, installed windows 7, installed 340.52 plus everything experience 3d physx etc(not present on xp), mouse feeling was not right, but different from xp "not right". Mouse was on 125hz, it was a bit of a hassle to get it to 500hz on windows 7, but i did, AND GUESS WHAT! mousefeel feels correct with rawinput now. It's linear as it's supposed to be. Oh, i disabled Physx, set it to single display mode, prerendered frames to 1, vsync off, scaling to display. not sure if i disabled CUDA, but im not touching anything now!

Dragonheart

Post by Dragonheart » 28 Oct 2014, 04:43

war1 wrote:OK, not entirely sure what i did, installed windows 7, installed 340.52 plus everything experience 3d physx etc(not present on xp), mouse feeling was not right, but different from xp "not right". Mouse was on 125hz, it was a bit of a hassle to get it to 500hz on windows 7, but i did, AND GUESS WHAT! mousefeel feels correct with rawinput now. It's linear as it's supposed to be. Oh, i disabled Physx, set it to single display mode, prerendered frames to 1, vsync off, scaling to display. not sure if i disabled CUDA, but im not touching anything now!
Yeah, 340.52 is really fine speaking of input lag.

I switched from HD7950 to GTX770 in June and wasn't able to hit anything in CS GO / UT2004. The input lag was just huge. I tried lowering prerender limit to the smallest value of 1 (I had 0 on AMD with Radeon Pro though) but it gave me nothing. So I just had to go back to radeon to play competetive games. Everything has changed with the 340.52 driver - mouse became much more precise. Newer versions bring back the input lag.

It would be just awesome if someone with the needed environment could test 340.52 and other versions (at least one of them, the newest for example) for input lag values.

war1

Post by war1 » 08 Dec 2014, 05:35

im back from the dead. Fact is 340.52 gives me bad hickups every 10-60sec on idtech 3 games, so it's unusable for me. :/