Benq xl2411z settings CS GO

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
GuidoLorenz

Benq xl2411z settings CS GO

Post by GuidoLorenz » 23 Aug 2014, 17:09

Hello Guys

I buy a xl2411z im a semi-pro cs go player... i have a 780ti and now a xl2411z..what are the best settings for cs go?

and for other games? thanks men..i have tomorrow a lan..give me a quick review..love u guys! and can i use ur blurbusters programm for cs go?

thanks guys

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: Benq xl2411z settings CS GO

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 24 Aug 2014, 21:41

For minimum input lag:
... 144Hz + Blur Reduction OFF

For clearest motion (average +4ms lag penalty):
... 120Hz + Blur Reduction ON

Some gameplay tactics in CS:GO will benefit from faster human reaction-times from less motion blur, out-compensating the slight input lag penalty. Whether the slight lag penalty is worth it, depends on you as a gamer & the types of game, and the gameplay tactics you use.

LightBoost and similar strobe backlights (Blur Reduction) helps eye-tracking situations, where your eye move all over the screen during fast-motion games. That said, most paid professional players often stare stationary at the crosshairs. If you always only do this, you may not notice the benefits of blur reduction, and minimizing input lag will be your best tactic to win games.

Yes, Blur Busters Strobe Utility works to adjust the monitor for with everything you later use the monitor for -- even including when plugging it into other signal sources such as Macs/other computers, HDTV settop boxes (blur reduction for sports), and gaming consoles (blur reduction for 60Hz), The BENQ Blur Reduction is more flexible than LightBoost that way.

Now, whether it will help you -- give it a try both ways. But it's best you've practiced your gaming with a specific configuration, don't change configuration when you enter a tournament -- use the config you've been practising with. Some people perform better with LightBoost (e.g. www.blurbusters.com/lightboost/testimonials ...) but not everyone does. If you plan to use strobing during tournaments, you need to have practised with it prior, to get used to various strobing/CRT-specific gameplay tactics that gives you a competitive advantage over gamers that don't use strobing/CRTs. Be noted that in the competitive gamer forums there's always debate whether or not strobing helps. Now you know why!
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

GuidoLorenz

Post by GuidoLorenz » 25 Aug 2014, 09:54

Chief Blur Buster wrote:For minimum input lag:
... 144Hz + Blur Reduction OFF

For clearest motion (average +4ms lag penalty):
... 120Hz + Blur Reduction ON

Some gameplay tactics in CS:GO will benefit from faster human reaction-times from less motion blur, out-compensating the slight input lag penalty. Whether the slight lag penalty is worth it, depends on you as a gamer & the types of game, and the gameplay tactics you use.

LightBoost and similar strobe backlights (Blur Reduction) helps eye-tracking situations, where your eye move all over the screen during fast-motion games. That said, most paid professional players often stare stationary at the crosshairs. If you always only do this, you may not notice the benefits of blur reduction, and minimizing input lag will be your best tactic to win games.

Yes, Blur Busters Strobe Utility works to adjust the monitor for with everything you later use the monitor for -- even including when plugging it into other signal sources such as Macs/other computers, HDTV settop boxes (blur reduction for sports), and gaming consoles (blur reduction for 60Hz), The BENQ Blur Reduction is more flexible than LightBoost that way.

Now, whether it will help you -- give it a try both ways. But it's best you've practiced your gaming with a specific configuration, don't change configuration when you enter a tournament -- use the config you've been practising with. Some people perform better with LightBoost (e.g. http://www.blurbusters.com/lightboost/testimonials ...) but not everyone does. If you plan to use strobing during tournaments, you need to have practised with it prior, to get used to various strobing/CRT-specific gameplay tactics that gives you a competitive advantage over gamers that don't use strobing/CRTs. Be noted that in the competitive gamer forums there's always debate whether or not strobing helps. Now you know why!

thanks for your help, do i have 144hz on 1024x960? or give it something what i have to check for this resolution?

for the 144hz settings,should i set max_fps to 144? i use everytime max_fps 999 ( i have a 780ti ) then Fullpicture moitor scaling or gpu scaling? on the 144hz settings?

and the 120hz blur reduction settings. I have to switch my windows HZ in nvidia settings to 120hz? and set blur reduction on? ( something else what i have to set on Monitor or Nvidia settings? GPU scale / Monitor scale? max_fps 120 ? then i use blur busters strobe utility use ufo...then i set eveything that i see everything clear without stutters? ( sorry im really bad in such things...and i see any diffrence...what is normale settings for your utility? ) then i set a Vertical Total 1350 Trick ? what i see when i set blur reduction on..my screen loose brighthness, i like to have a really really brighthness screen, its ok when i set my gamma high? or what would be ur trick/tipp? thanks blurbusters chief!

aggressiv

Post by aggressiv » 30 Sep 2014, 16:30

Dear Chef,
Why no 144hz + blur reduction?

banProsper

Post by banProsper » 22 Feb 2015, 18:16

Can somebody please answer the above 2 questions?

Q83Ia7ta

Post by Q83Ia7ta » 22 Feb 2015, 19:07

aggressiv wrote:Dear Chef,
Too huge double image effect I guess.

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 23 Feb 2015, 03:56

aggressiv wrote:Dear Chef,

You can use 144 hz blur reduction.
Who said you can't?

Are you talking about VT tweaks?
You can't use a VT Tweak at 144 hz. 144 hz is not a standard refresh rate. It's a reduced timing refresh rate. Attempting to use normal timings at 144 hz will give an out of range signal. Try creating a "manual" 144 hz detailed refresh rate at a custom 1920x1080 resolution (to override the default for the video driver). You will go out of range instantly.

VT 1500 tweak stops working after 129-131 hz. Any higher gives out of range error.

ctacx3

Post by ctacx3 » 28 Dec 2015, 02:51

Hi,
I play CS of 1280x1024 120 HZ could you tell what value: Total pixel (vertical).
when switching between applications, there is a delay and a black screen a few seconds. At a frequency of 144HZ when to switch between screen resolution 1920x1080 and 1280x1024 no delay.

ty.
Attachments
Безымянный.png
Безымянный.png (27.38 KiB) Viewed 32508 times