xl2730z + blur reduction tweaks = omfg

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
abrooksdavis

xl2730z + blur reduction tweaks = omfg

Post by abrooksdavis » 25 Apr 2015, 16:41

Just wanted to let you all know of my experience with this monitor now that I discovered that once the blur reduction is enabled area and intensity options are available. I did not know this, and hence was frustrated that the blur busters tool did not work.

I never bothered with blur reduction on this monitor as it was far too dark, but since discovering I can now tweak it, I dont even care about freesync anymore.

I have a sufficiently powerful system to max out the fps to 144fps of any game ive played. (295x2 + 290x trifire)

I have enabled blur reduction, dropped the crosstalk area to 5 as this seems to slightly more centralise the non-ghosting area and dropped the intensity to 1 or 2. With 100% brightness, 50 contrast, 95 red, 99 green, 100 blue. I get an amazing bright, super fluid colour accurate display. Infact its so bright that i forget blur reduction is enabled.

Tested the usual moving ufo test between blur off and on and even at 1 or 2 on the intensity scale the difference is fantastic.

This monitor has went from pretty damn good to pretty damn epic. My games look *so* much better now. I really suggest you guys who have this monitor and the horsepower to give it a go. (I suggest decent horsepower to offset the lack of freesync with blur reduction enabled)

Very happy customer now :D

Falkentyne

Re: xl2730z + blur reduction tweaks = omfg

Post by Falkentyne » 25 Apr 2015, 17:26

Have you tested vertical total tweaks on this screen?
Please read this thread I started. No one even replied to it.

http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2119

please read it and see if you can tests VT tweaks with this screen.

abrooksdavis

Post by abrooksdavis » 25 Apr 2015, 17:28

I attempted some vt tweaks, but 2000 went out of range. To be honest tho, central of the screen there is no noticable ghosting when gaming, cant even tell at top and bottom of the screen

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 25 Apr 2015, 17:48

What is the highest vertical total tweak that you used successfully?
Also were you using the AMD or Nvidia pixel clock patcher?

were you using DVI or displayport?
You can't test ghosting in normal games.
You need to use this full screen test

http://www.testufo.com/#test=photo&phot ... &height=-1

You must set the "AREA" to 0, and pay attention to the bottom of the screen. There should be a lot of ugly double image artifacts down there.

Vertical totals increasing should "lower" the position of this crosstalk zone, and it should be driven mostly offscreen before you get the out of range signal.

Try to find out what the max VT you can use, and how it improves this crosstalk.

(if you are using internet explorer, use 100 hz. also make sure SINGLE STROBE is enabled in the service menu).
You can enable it by opening the service menu (power off monitor, hold menu/button #4 for 5 seconds, power on while holding menu. if it powers on, menu will open the service menu afterwards.. if it does not power on, the wrong key is being held down).

(remember you can only use 100 hz and 120hz to test tweaks)

error-id10t

Post by error-id10t » 25 Apr 2015, 19:18

Blur Reduction and VT tweaks is what ruins gsync and freesync lol

As long as you have enough power, like you do, then I also don't see the need to use those functions. I guess in the future when you run out of horse power you can always switch over..

I'm still hoping they can make both work at the same time, I can't play games without something as good as Blur Reduction anymore (but then I haven't had GPUs for a good while now nor played games).
4790K (Broke)
G3258 (@ x48, little beast)
970 G1 Gaming SLI (returned, lacking vRAM for some reason..)
iGPU (waiting for AMD to deliver something nice)
XL2411Z (firmware V4 thanks to people here)