XL2411Z - TEARING AND BLURING / STUTTERING !!!! HELP

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
H0resT

XL2411Z - TEARING AND BLURING / STUTTERING !!!! HELP

Post by H0resT » 03 Sep 2015, 16:45

Hello guys,

I really need your help. I´ve got a new BenQ XL2411Z. Firmware is V4.
I´ve got serious problems in-game. In detail, CSGO. i always get a constant stuttering when i´m moving quite fast (noclip and so on). FPS are constant. no drops, they are at like 200-300. If i limit my FPS to 60, it feels like 60 but the "stuttering" is almost gone. I guess you need some more infos:

- Win 10 x64
- benQ Xl2411z (V4)
- IntelCore i5 (3x3.4)
- 8GB RAM
- AMD Sapphire HD 7950 3GB video card
- 2 monitors (each one on his own)
---> BenQ xl2411z as main, and Asus VE248H (60Hz) as secondary

- when i received it today, i just tried some stuff out and enjoyed my 144Hz (i didn´t try that stuttering out, it felt normal. i guess i didn´t move really fast in CSGO).
- A friend of me wanted to set it up for me (skype). first, we did this ICC profile stuff, then adjusted a good profile. Motion blur on. then I downloaded Blur Busters Strobe Utility.
---> as i wanted to change the settings in there, it didn´t work. not at all. i unplugged the power cable and suddenly, it worked. Can´t tell you why and how. i got those values at 007 and the lower one at 000 (i hope you know what i mean).
- After that, i downloaded CRU (custom resoltuion utility. it didn´t work for me either. we tried some or the other stuff out and gave up)
- afterwards, we went on a CSGO private server and i activated noclip (fly around quite fast) for the first time. And.... STUTTERING / BLURING
- i wasn´t able to fix it, so i executed the reset-all file in CRU. i also resetted my monitor (my 2 value 007 and 000 were resetted).
- i didn´t change anything and started a server again ========> stuttering
- NEITHER AM I ABLE TO FIX IT, NOR CAN I TELL YOU WHAT IS REALLY HAPPENING THERE

- me and another friend tried a lot as well (he´s got the same monitor).
- he told me all his settings AND we tried every single test on TestUFO.
==> The result: my friend and me always got the same results!?!?!?!? We did it very accurate, but in no test my monitor was worse.
- BUT IN CSGO, i´ve got stuttering and he doesn´t.

random stuff i tried:
- delete my csgo config
- change video settings
- change to 120Hz in Catalyst control center
- change to 60Hz (helps a bit i think?)
- turned off my second monitor (didn´t change any settings, but i turned him off)
- i switched the game back to my secondary monitor ===> no stuttering

UPDATE:
i also tried:
- move constant around a little piece of stairs very slow, but focused on the stairs ====> stuttering
---> also when focused on a static player (still standing player)
- i recognized some stuttering at 60FPS @ 144Hz as well
- i couldn´t recognize any tracer, trail, shadow or anything like that behind objects
Last edited by H0resT on 03 Sep 2015, 17:28, edited 2 times in total.

Falkentyne

Re: XL2411Z - TEARING AND BLURING / STUTTERING !!!! HELP

Post by Falkentyne » 03 Sep 2015, 17:24

Have him bring HIS monitor to your house. Then you will know. It's probably your PC.

H0resT

Post by H0resT » 03 Sep 2015, 17:38

good idea, but i doubt that we can do that :/
Is there anybody maybe that can help me with some basic settings? (if it´s my PC). Or tell me what i should check? HELP ME GUYS, PLEASE!!!

And thank you for taking your time answering me :D

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 03 Sep 2015, 17:57

Read the other threads. Many settings are in the archive.
Since you're not using vertical total tweaks usually you use standard mode, brightness at 100 for blur reduction, 30 if not using MBR, gamma 3-5 and sharpness 5. mostly default settings. Contrast defaults to 71 sometimes, lower it to 40-50.

using Standard Mode is more important than any default presets. They all do the same thing except different color calibrations and some allow Black Equalizer. The non gaming presets (besides standard mode) don't allow blur reduction.

H0resT

Post by H0resT » 03 Sep 2015, 18:07

alright.
is there maybe anbody that could still help me out setting things up with the blur busters utility + the CRU? I´ve heard about settings with 120Hz lightboost at full brightness and so on. as already mentioned, those programs haven´t been really working for me yet. A step by step tutorial for AMD might be great (since all those online tutorials don´t seem to work for me because the tools are not working)
I was thinking about Teamviewer/Skype/ Step-by-step explanation? :D
I know i´m really demanding a lot for literally helping a strange person, but i´m very thankful towards everybody who´s trying to help me so far & especially those of you who might fix my *shi..* stuff :D

wiltzberg

Post by wiltzberg » 03 Oct 2015, 10:49

I'm having the exact same problem as you've described. I also have the same firmware. Have you found any solutions yet?

The only game I play is CS:GO. I can see some blurring/stuttering when playing MM but it really stands out when I use noclip. I never had this problem with my 60hz monitor. It looks disgusting.

Glide

Post by Glide » 03 Oct 2015, 12:35

H0resT wrote:FPS are constant. no drops, they are at like 200-300.
Well there are a few things wrong here.
First of all, "like 200-300" is not constant. "FPS never changes from 234" would be constant.

Secondly, you have a 144Hz monitor. It cannot display more than 144 frames per second.
If you are rendering "200-300 FPS" then you either have V-Sync off (screen tearing and stuttering) or you are running in windowed mode with triple-buffering dropping the frames that your monitor cannot display. (stuttering)

You need to run the game in Full-Screen Exclusive mode, not windowed, and you need to have V-Sync on.
If your framerate was truly consistently above 200 FPS, it should never waver from 144 FPS when V-Sync is enabled.

If you're using Blur Reduction, your FPS must always be equal to your refresh rate.
You will get terrible judder if it is not.

H0resT

Post by H0resT » 03 Oct 2015, 12:35

no solution at all bro.
i started living with this, although it´s very disgusting.
Could you add me on Steam maybe? So that we can talk about it? Maybe we can figure something out together.
Steam Profile:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/H0resTT/

H0resT

Post by H0resT » 03 Oct 2015, 12:37

Glide wrote:
H0resT wrote:FPS are constant. no drops, they are at like 200-300.
Well there are a few things wrong here.
First of all, "like 200-300" is not constant. "FPS never changes from 234" would be constant.

Secondly, you have a 144Hz monitor. It cannot display more than 144 frames per second.
If you are rendering "200-300 FPS" then you either have V-Sync off (screen tearing and stuttering) or you are running in windowed mode with triple-buffering dropping the frames that your monitor cannot display. (stuttering)

You need to run the game in Full-Screen Exclusive mode, not windowed, and you need to have V-Sync on.
If your framerate was truly consistently above 200 FPS, it should never waver from 144 FPS when V-Sync is enabled.

If you're using Blur Reduction, your FPS must always be equal to your refresh rate.
You will get terrible judder if it is not.

Thx dude, but I don´t use Blur reduction. V-Sync is not recommended at all for CSGO. Even the pro-players don´t use it and i don´t think that they face these issues i do

Glide

Post by Glide » 03 Oct 2015, 12:39

H0resT wrote:Thx dude, but I don´t use Blur reduction. V-Sync is not recommended at all for CSGO. Even the pro-players don´t use it and i don´t think that they face these issues i do
You can't eliminate tearing or stuttering without V-Sync.
The alternative to that would be G-Sync or Adaptive/Free-Sync, but that requires purchasing a monitor which supports it.