Connecting MSTAR v29 to PC via USB

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
aliensaurus

Connecting MSTAR v29 to PC via USB

Post by aliensaurus » 02 Dec 2015, 14:48

Hi there,

I got the MSTAR V29 so I can upgrade the firmware on my BenQ monitor (V1 to V2) but cannot seem to connect the lcd driver board to the computer. I installed all drivers but no luck.

I am using a usb cable (male to male) to connect the board to pc.

Is there something I am missing?

Here is a pic of the board: Image

Falkentyne

Re: Connecting MSTAR v29 to PC via USB

Post by Falkentyne » 02 Dec 2015, 15:17

Where did you get that device?
That's not the official mstar ISP unit that is recommended for flashing a Benq monitor.

The official device has a DVI port on it as well as a black switch in the middle (although no one seems to know what the switch does, but someone mentioned something about it switching to another flash type or read method or something, although I found no difference).

THIS is the device you should be using.

http://www.yoycart.com/Product/5278188206/

This device comes with a USB to device cable that emulates a parallel port, then you install it and then install the mstar software from the blur busters' site (main page) and then you just run it. The first time you run it, you should get an error "program file not ready" which is because no file was flashed or loaded for backup yet. (after you actually backup the firmware or load a file for flashinig, then the error won't happen anymore).