Your XL2720Z v2 Settings gaming/browsing/movie ?!

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
zuzpeqt

Your XL2720Z v2 Settings gaming/browsing/movie ?!

Post by zuzpeqt » 06 Dec 2015, 15:03

Hello homies. Like the topic say, im interested in all your settings for gaming/browsing/movies.
I can't seem to find any good settings, and allways end up changing stuff!
Mostly i play CSGO/SC2 and want the best settings possible!

X-Leg1on

Re: Your XL2720Z v2 Settings gaming/browsing/movie ?!

Post by X-Leg1on » 05 Jan 2016, 13:08

I cant seem to tweak this monitor very much do to the overly high gamma. this seems to be a good FPS monitor but for everyday use the gamma seems way to high. running the windows calibration tool or nvidia control panel I have to turn the gamma really far down to get a picture that isnt washed out and inaccurate over all. I have followed all the tweaks suggested even tried 4 different ICC profiles (btw they all lower gamma drastically) the monitor is fantastic in FPS modes with and without AMA but for everyday use it has been a struggle. Using DPort at 144hz. also other monitors I have all look descent on my PC. 780ti classified. GPU

Gaming Profile.
Games used on. CSGO, BF4.
FPS1 profile
AMA: High
Blur Reduction: off
Instant Mode: On
Black EQ: 20
Low Blue: 0
Brightness: 85
Contrast: 50
Gamma: 4
Sharpness: 7
R: 98
G: 97
B: 100

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 06 Jan 2016, 03:07

settings for gaming/browsing/movies
This reminds me of the audio world were people would use different EQs for different styles of music when in reality there should only be one setting...

Accurate.

zuzpeqt

Post by zuzpeqt » 04 Feb 2016, 10:07

lexlazootin wrote:
settings for gaming/browsing/movies
This reminds me of the audio world were people would use different EQs for different styles of music when in reality there should only be one setting...

Accurate.

Would you consider the colors in CSGO for example as accurate? gotta set saturation at 200.

And EQ depends on the mix/mastering and the system you listening thru

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 05 Feb 2016, 04:09

>Would you consider the colors in CSGO for example as accurate? gotta set saturation at 200.

You should be viewing it how the devs intended. The game is a bit dark and a little washed out on some maps but that's the their job to fix that, not for everyone else to change the settings.

If i made a horror game and intended for it to be dark, it's my job to get that right, not for everyone else to do that for me.

>And EQ depends on the mix/mastering and the system you listening thru

If you have a accurate system and the song was mixed correctly, there shouldn't be any problem because i'm listening to it how the artist intended. It's all the same.