BenQ XL2411Z v4 Problems

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
xyz__

BenQ XL2411Z v4 Problems

Post by xyz__ » 08 Dec 2015, 10:11

Hey guys, yesterday I received my BenQ XL2411Z from scan.co.uk. To my surprise, I didn't get a v2 version but a v4.. Now, I upgraded the monitor from a BenQ RL2455HM and I have to say I'm really disappointed.

Obviously I read about the colours being very washed out on this monitor and I can live with that. The only problem I am having is EXTREME motion blur and ghosting in CS:GO.. I am running the monitor at 144Hz on my desktop and in CS, and everything seems smooth but it I really struggle to play because everything seems blurred? I can tell that it is 144Hz but it's nothing like everyone hyped it to be?

I'm not sure if the colours are going to be a bit crap because I'm using AMD, but even with Digital Vibrance the colours still seems bad. I have tried multiple things to fix the motion blur.. Changing the ICC Profile, changing picture settings on the monitor etc but none of these work. Also the Blur Reduction Tool on this website fails to respond when I load it up meaning I can't try that. Blur Reduction makes a tiny difference but makes the screen to dark to play on. Is there anything to fix, or is it me just not being used to the display?

Falkentyne

Re: BenQ XL2411Z v4 Problems

Post by Falkentyne » 08 Dec 2015, 10:46

Is This what you're talking about here?

1) Use 120hz with a Vertical total 1500 tweak, not 144hz. Crosstalk covers half the screen at 144hz. Check the other threads on how to use VT tweaks.

2) Set contrast to 40, not 50 (this reduces the inverse ghosting by a decent amount)

3) Enable blur reduction FIRST, and then set AMA to high afterwards by moving the AMA slider even If it's already on high. This will reduce the aggressiveness of AMA high by about 10%

Any changes to resolution or refresh rate, any strobe adjustment settings, any change to OSD Brightness (even 1 point) will revert the AMA back to default. Of course you can set it again by a few clicks.

4) If you are not using blur reduction, set a gamer preset with blur reduction enabled (after saving it in standard mode) then set another gamer preset with blur reduction disabled. Then use the blur reduction profile and use the trick #3 I said above to reduce the AMA setting slightly. Then without disabling blur reduction in the OSD, switch directly to the gaming preset with blur reduction disabled. That will apply the lower AMA directly to blur reduction disabled (this doesn't work if you disable blur reduction via the OSD option). As before, any change to resolution or refresh rate will revert the AMA. However you are free to change brightness this time, without affecting your new AMA, though.

5) Check your game TIC settings to make SURE its rendering at the proper framerate with vsync ON. FPS should be locked at refresh rate with a tic setting that allows CS to actually output those frames with vsync ON. So many people keep playing with bad tic settings that keep the game engine from outputting more than 60-100 fps then complaining about how blurry the game is. You would not believe it, especially when they used to play on 60hz monitors :(

6) do your research and read my other posts as well as posts by others on what strobe duty and strobe phase does and how to adjust strobe brightness vs amount of blur reduction. I took a lot of time to write posts for people to help them; please read them.

monitor_butt

Re: BenQ XL2411Z v4 Problems

Post by monitor_butt » 20 Dec 2015, 02:15

BenQ pixel overdrive sucks on these 144hz panels. The only way to completely remove those trailing artificats is to disable AMA entirely. Even using all the bbr tricks, vt tricks, etc - the effect is always there, just less severe. Everyone touts this monitor is the best, but ASUS has a far superior overdrive.

And on my xl2411z v4, 120hz with the vt trick only lightens the color of the artifact, but 120hz increases the length. 144hz is far superior if you want to reduce the trail size.