XL2411z corner flickering in CS:GO/when scrolling down text

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
zwompay

XL2411z corner flickering in CS:GO/when scrolling down text

Post by zwompay » 05 Jan 2016, 21:16

Hello I recently build my new PC and got a new Monitor aswell (xl2411z).

GPU: Sapphire R9 380 nitro
CPU: Intel i5 4460

So i activated 144hz in the Windows settings but now i have the problem when i scroll down text it gets kinda blurry and in Counterstrike:Gobal Offensive when i stand in front of a corner and move left or right, it seems like the corner is shaking.

I downloaded the settings for the monitor from the BenQ site.

How could i fix this?

lexlazootin

Re: XL2411z corner flickering in CS:GO/when scrolling down t

Post by lexlazootin » 06 Jan 2016, 02:59

The blurry text is probably due to shitty overdrive on the monitor, have a look at the AMA setting in the on screen display.

here's a test you can test the AMA settings on: http://testufo.com/#test=ghosting

The "shaking" walls sound like screen tearing?

zwompay

Post by zwompay » 06 Jan 2016, 06:01

thank you, and how can i fix the tearing?

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 06 Jan 2016, 08:03

Every monitor has screen tears and it can stop them by turning on V-Sync. You can turn on V-Sync in cs:go but it adds a little bit of lag.

zwompay

Post by zwompay » 06 Jan 2016, 14:05

lexlazootin wrote:The blurry text is probably due to shitty overdrive on the monitor, have a look at the AMA setting in the on screen display.

here's a test you can test the AMA settings on: http://testufo.com/#test=ghosting

The "shaking" walls sound like screen tearing?
which AMA setting is best for gaming/no blurry texts?

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 06 Jan 2016, 14:39

You can't completely remove the intense overdrive on the XL2411Z.

You can REDUCE it by using some firmware bugs. Only on the XL2720Z can you remove ALL of the ghosting completely (with blur reduction off) and remove ALL of the inverse ghosting and only have some normal ghosting left (blur reduction on).

Here's XL2720Z with blur reduction off, 144hz, default AMA high setting. You can see the inverse coronas. There is also streaking of black to white (it's far more obvious at lower refresh rates, however).

Here's XL2720Z with blur reduction off, 144hz, after toggling the AMA high by using a blur reduction on AMA low toggle (requires V3 firmware or newer) then a profile switch bug into blur reduction off.

I don't have XL2411Z so I can' t take pictures of it, but, the same bugs exist on the XL2411Z/XL2420Z, but you don't have the AMA low option for blur reduction, so you can't reduce the overdrive as much. However you CAN still reduce it a little, which is still an improvement.

This requires V3+firmware btw. Won't work on V2.

AMA high/"reduced" blur reduction on: Enable blur reduction, set AMA slider to high (by pressing 'Enter" to highlight high then "back" instead of confirming, OR move AMA slider to off/premium then back to high). Please do not change brightness, strobe phase, strobe duty, single strobe or resolution or AMA will reset and you have to do it again (contrast or gamma is ok).

Blur reduction off with reduced AMA:
1) save an existing preset (e.g. standard mode with blur reduction off) as gamer 1 preset.
2) save another copy with blur reduction ON as gamer 2 preset. Switch to gamer 2.

Do the AMA high/"Reduced" blur reduction on trick I just said above.
Then do NOT disable blur reduction. Switch directly to gamer 1.

This will apply the reduced AMA to blur reduction off. Test it out and see if it helps you.
You can change brightness without reverting the "new" AMA with blur reduction off. But changing refresh rate or resolution will revert the AMA back to stock.

You can test it on this website also first.
http://www.testufo.com/#test=photo&phot ... &height=-1