Upgrading BENQ XL2720Z official tool - warranty? Which v?

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
edeka3

Upgrading BENQ XL2720Z official tool - warranty? Which v?

Post by edeka3 » 09 Feb 2016, 17:09

Hey there! I just got a BenQ XL270Z v1 today and ordered this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321418296455?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

(I already compared it to the buying link provided, it's exactly the same unit, also asked the seller, they are the same).

So I got 2 questions now:

1. Will the upgrade void my warranty if correctly done?

2. Which firmware version can you guys recommend? V2, v4 or v5?

Have a nice evening and thanks for everything!

Falkentyne

Re: Upgrading BENQ XL2720Z official tool - warranty? Which v

Post by Falkentyne » 09 Feb 2016, 21:18

Yes that does seem to be a legit version of the device.
The official device (this used to be cart100 but the webpage was renamed): was http://www.yoycart.com/Product/5278188206/

I recommend V5.
But I have no idea what the difference is between V4 and V5.
I suspect a very minor bugfix but I sure haven't been able to locate what the fix is.
you need at LEAST V4 otherwise the Displayport operation is completely messed up beyond repair (on both V1, V2 and V3).

Someone had problems installing the Mstar ISP drivers. I had no problem just running the setup in windows 7.
All you do is extract the zip with directory structure and just run CDM20802_Setup
Then you run the mstar tool, but the executable is in the i386 folder.

You WILL get an error the first time and people freak out by this. Program file not ready!! means that the firmware you are going to flash has not been loaded yet. Most likely the original program was coded in Chinese or something.

Note that "Read" loads a firmware file for FLASHING.
"Load" dumps the current firmware in the monitor and saves it to a file (which is why you get a "save as type"...prompt).

edeka3

Post by edeka3 » 10 Feb 2016, 04:18

Falkentyne wrote:Yes that does seem to be a legit version of the device.
The official device (this used to be cart100 but the webpage was renamed): was http://www.yoycart.com/Product/5278188206/

I recommend V5.
But I have no idea what the difference is between V4 and V5.
I suspect a very minor bugfix but I sure haven't been able to locate what the fix is.
you need at LEAST V4 otherwise the Displayport operation is completely messed up beyond repair (on both V1, V2 and V3).

Someone had problems installing the Mstar ISP drivers. I had no problem just running the setup in windows 7.
All you do is extract the zip with directory structure and just run CDM20802_Setup
Then you run the mstar tool, but the executable is in the i386 folder.

You WILL get an error the first time and people freak out by this. Program file not ready!! means that the firmware you are going to flash has not been loaded yet. Most likely the original program was coded in Chinese or something.

Note that "Read" loads a firmware file for FLASHING.
"Load" dumps the current firmware in the monitor and saves it to a file (which is why you get a "save as type"...prompt).
Thank you for the detailed explanation, I will keep that in mind and upgrade directly to v5 :)! Do you know anything about whether the warranty stays untouched or not, though?

Greets,

Edeka

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 10 Feb 2016, 04:23

It does if you are using the official mstar ISP device.
Linux is not supported.
I can't help with this, sorry. I don't work for Benq. You'll have to ask Chief.

edeka3

Post by edeka3 » 10 Feb 2016, 06:12

Falkentyne wrote:It does if you are using the official mstar ISP device.
Linux is not supported.
I can't help with this, sorry. I don't work for Benq. You'll have to ask Chief.
Glad I ordered the original one then :)! Asked the Austrian support to be 100% sure, though. Thanks for all the help. Love the monitor so far.

EDIT: Any way to contact Chief on that issue? I am not allowed to send PMs since I am new to the forum ;).

Ty