XL2411 Revert all settings

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
csgoplayer

XL2411 Revert all settings

Post by csgoplayer » 21 Feb 2016, 20:02

I've had my BenQ xl2411 for a few weeks now and ive been enjoying playing csgo on 144hz without blur reduction. Everything was good until last night when I found about the Blur Reduction Utility and decided to give it a try. I followed the instructions and when i started csgo again i found out i really screwed up my game. Now when im in game i feel like im playing on 30FPS. When i pull out my gun i can see a visible trail behind it. When moving, the walls around me are shaking. I've been trying to fix it all day today but nothing has helped. Things I've tried include reinstalling all drivers. Resetting the monitor. Trying different Blur reduction utility settings. Reinstall windows. etc. Literally everything. So, does anyone have a better solution to bring back the default settings ?

redbull2k

Re: XL2411 Revert all settings

Post by redbull2k » 21 Feb 2016, 20:51

turn off single strobe maybe?

csgoplayer

Post by csgoplayer » 21 Feb 2016, 21:14

redbull2k wrote:turn off single strobe maybe?
No difference. ;(
Other settings that have in the service menu are:
HDMI HPD: OFF
DVI HPD: ON
LOGO: On
Strobe duty 15
Strobe Phase 50
Single Strobe OFF
I've gone up and down on these, on and off. Pretty much any combination. No effect for better or worse. Feels like nothing changes when i mess with them.
This monitor is refurbished. Could it be a hardware problem that was triggered by the use of the utility? Trying to play on it right now feels like gaming on a value brand TV screen with 50ms response time. :/

Also Firmware is V4

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 22 Feb 2016, 00:01

What refresh rate are you running at?
What is the framerate shown in game?
What happens if you turn *OFF* blur reduction?

Walls shaking? That sounds like a problem with the game or netcode or a configuration problem.
I remember I had a problem like that once, when the games 'netcode rate" was set to a low limit.

First, if you are using the vertical total tweak, please do NOT use the Nvidia control panel to do it. monitorbutt (or whatever his name was) got dizzy and had similar feelings of bad framerate when he did that. Use ToastyX CRU to install a Vertical Total 1500 VT tweak, if you are using that (that fixed all his problems when he ditched the Nvidia custom resolution utility and used the ToastyX version).

Make sure FPS =refresh rate.
Check what FPS you are getting.

If you are using blur reduction, try enabling blur reduction FIRST, and THEN setting AMA to high *afterwards*. See if that makes any difference.
Second, set the strobe phase to 000. If using a VT tweak, don't increase strobe duty past 009. If you are not using a VT Tweak, you can use a duty value between 6-20, depending on refresh rate.

Try disabling blur reduction also.
But to reduce the horrible benq overdrive settings with blur reduction DISABLED, first enable blur reduction (as I said above), then set the AMA to high (if its on high, move the slider back and forth to put it on high again), then you need to exploit a bug. instead of disabling blur reduction through the OSD, switch to a "preset" profile (like one of the gamer 1/2/3 presets) that has blur reduction disabled already. This obviously works best if you already created the profile beforehand. This will apply the blur reduction "reduced" overdrive setting to blur reduction disabled (temporarily), but if you change resolution or refresh rate or reset the monitor, you'll have to do it again.

See if anything helps. But at the VERY LEAST, make sure FPS=refresh rate, and set that strobe phase to 000.

csgoplayer

Post by csgoplayer » 22 Feb 2016, 03:28

Falkentyne, redbull2k thank you for your responses. Turns out nvidia control panel was stuck on GPU scaling and probably introduced whole lot of delay. CSGO now runs on Full-Screen scaling performed on Display at 1280x960@144hz. Smooth as a butter.