XL2720Z Owners ROLL CALL -- possible strobe issue workaround

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Re: XL2720Z Owners ROLL CALL -- possible strobe issue workar

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 13 Feb 2014, 13:49

Mouzuone wrote:I tried to do your workaround, but toastyX keeps on incrementing for ever and won't start.
Don't use ToastyX Strobelight with XL2720Z.
Use use ToastyX Custom Resolution Utility.

Are you sure you installed the correct ToastyX software application from http://www.monitortests.com ??
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 13 Feb 2014, 13:55

impulse wrote:Just a follow up, I tried the work around and it helped move the strobelight ghosting down to the lower portion of the screen. It did help but there is still a shadow behind all the aliens
A faint shadow is often normal and unavoidable (even in fixed version, and it also occurs with LightBoost and ULMB too).
But it should never be 50%-50% strength -- that's when it interferes with aiming as you have two targets of equal ghost intensity.
Head of Blur Busters - BlurBusters.com | TestUFO.com | Follow @BlurBusters on Twitter

Forum Rules wrote:  1. Rule #1: Be Nice. This is published forum rule #1. Even To Newbies & People You Disagree With!
  2. Please report rule violations If you see a post that violates forum rules, then report the post.
  3. ALWAYS respect indie testers here. See how indies are bootstrapping Blur Busters research!

impulse

Post by impulse » 13 Feb 2014, 15:40

I hope that made sense to you...on your pictures on the first page it shows a yellowish smudge as the strobelight ghosting. I have that. Also, behind all the aliens, dividing lines etc(everything on the screen really) on mine there is a dark shadow image a few mm behind the aliens, along with the yellow smudging. I do not see this shadow on your pictures, just the yellow smudging.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 13 Feb 2014, 16:10

impulse wrote:I hope that made sense to you...on your pictures on the first page it shows a yellowish smudge as the strobelight ghosting. I have that. Also, behind all the aliens, dividing lines etc(everything on the screen really) on mine there is a dark shadow image a few mm behind the aliens, along with the yellow smudging. I do not see this shadow on your pictures, just the yellow smudging.
Yellow smudging --
Do you have a camera with an adjustable exposure speed? If so, can you take a photo of the screen running the TestUFO Moving Photo (Alien Invasion, Full Screen), using a camera shutter speed of 1/120sec (or faster)?

Mouzuone

Post by Mouzuone » 13 Feb 2014, 18:43

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
Mouzuone wrote:I tried to do your workaround, but toastyX keeps on incrementing for ever and won't start.

Are you sure you installed the correct ToastyX software application from http://www.monitortests.com ??
Well, that was probably the issue. Sorry about that. However, since I want the firmware update, there still is no other way than to send back, which is what I'll do.

Bac0nsamm1ch

Post by Bac0nsamm1ch » 15 Feb 2014, 21:27

Mouzuone wrote:
Chief Blur Buster wrote:

Well, that was probably the issue. Sorry about that. However, since I want the firmware update, there still is no other way than to send back, which is what I'll do.
I would wait before sending it back. I got sent out a second monitor and it was the bugged firmware version. I contacted Benq and they said "As far as I am aware they have not found a stable firmware update yet". So no updates yet, you will be upset like me when I received the 2nd monitor and it was just as bad. Just leave blur reduction off and turn down the brightness was what the tech told me to do in the meantime.

Mouzuone

Post by Mouzuone » 16 Feb 2014, 13:15

Bac0nsamm1ch wrote: I would wait before sending it back. I got sent out a second monitor and it was the bugged firmware version. I contacted Benq and they said "As far as I am aware they have not found a stable firmware update yet". So no updates yet, you will be upset like me when I received the 2nd monitor and it was just as bad. Just leave blur reduction off and turn down the brightness was what the tech told me to do in the meantime.
Yep, I haven't send it back since I am still waiting for a qualified answer of the distributor. Who, btw, is obviously uninformed and has to gather information and contact BenQ first. The issue is, in Germany you can send stuff back until two weeks without reason. After that, I am kind of dependend on the shop's policy.

Chief Blur Buster
Site Admin

Post by Chief Blur Buster » 16 Feb 2014, 20:41

Mouzuone wrote:Yep, I haven't send it back since I am still waiting for a qualified answer of the distributor. Who, btw, is obviously uninformed and has to gather information and contact BenQ first. The issue is, in Germany you can send stuff back until two weeks without reason. After that, I am kind of dependend on the shop's policy.
Hmmm. Tough call. One could understand if you just return the monitor, wait a while, and then repurchase the monitor sometime after the Blur Busters Strobe Utility comes out for BENQ Z-series monitors.

Mouzuone

Post by Mouzuone » 17 Feb 2014, 14:41

They answered today and told me that I could either send it back to them and wait for the new firmware or send it to BenQ. Now, I asked if they would allow me to keep it until the new monitors come in or BenQ actually refuses to pay for the shipping.
Also, I would like to try your workaround. I used CRU this time and set the vertical total sum to 1350. However, CCC won't show them. Is there anything else I have to do?

defalkner

Post by defalkner » 17 Feb 2014, 15:19

Chief Blur Buster wrote:
Mouzuone wrote:...Tough call. One could understand if you just return the monitor, wait a while, and then repurchase the monitor sometime after the Blur Busters Strobe Utility comes out for BENQ Z-series monitors.
Will the Blur Busters Strobe Utility be able to correct the synchronizing?