XL2411Z : Is this the best I can achieve? (Picture inside)

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Pharaun22

XL2411Z : Is this the best I can achieve? (Picture inside)

Post by Pharaun22 » 27 Mar 2016, 13:20

It's smooth, it's sharp, but I have these "ghost images" trailing the real one. Is there anything I can do better?

- I use the Blur Buster Strobe Utility
- I did the 1350 thing trick with custom resolution
- I use 2.0ms persistance and All to the left Crosstalk (seems to be most clear in the middle of the screen, also reduces input lag,I was told via your website)

Also, everything is like, Lightboost so great, use it etc.
Am I correct that BenQ's Blur reduction is basically already the same, I can now only edit some settings with the utility tool? I can't use Lightboost with my monitor, so not sure if it's any different.

Thanks for the tool anyways guys!!

Falkentyne

Re: XL2411Z : Is this the best I can achieve? (Picture insid

Post by Falkentyne » 27 Mar 2016, 17:05

You can improve the trailing image ghosting somewhat (requires V003 or newer firmware!!) by enabling blur reduction and THEN afterwards, setting AMA to high (if its on high already, move the slider back and forth). Any brightness or resolution or refresh rate or ANY strobe adjustments whatsoever done after doing this, will revert the AMA back to default.

The strobe utility's description of input lag/crosstalk is incorrect.

The lowest input lag is gained by using "later strobe phase" (slider to the right), which should actually be called "earlier strobe phase". You will need to read my thread on VT tweaks to understand it though. Basically when you use a strobe phase of "100", the frame shown on the screen when blur reduction is on (with respect to blur reduction set to off) is the current frame (identical to MBR=off), and the "crosstalk" that you see at the bottom of the screen (quite a lot of it) is the NEXT frame (1 frame later; 1 frame higher input lag), being mixed into the current frame. However the windows utility limits the maximum strobe phase to 047; the service menu allows up to 100.

When you set the slider to the left, strobe phase=000, the frame on the screen is the *NEXT* frame (frame+1) which is 1 frame higher input lag (frame lag is equal to 1000 divided by refresh rate in milliseconds). The crosstalk you see at the very top of the screen is the "current" frame that is being pushed up by the next frame (which covers most of the screen).

When using a VT Tweak, the maximum strobe phase gets lowered from 100 to a lower value. For 120hz, this value gets reduced from 100 to 50. For 125hz, this value gets reduced to 048, and for 100hz, this value gets reduced to 60. Going past this value shuts off the backlight. So for the lowest input lag at 120hz, you would need a strobe phase value of "50 minus desired strobe DUTY"; example: if you wanted a strobe duty of 006, you would use a strobe phase of 50-6=44).

explained all of that here:

http://forums.blurbusters.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2590

Edgarchik

Re: XL2411Z : Is this the best I can achieve? (Picture insid

Post by Edgarchik » 28 Mar 2016, 02:24

Falkentyne wrote:You can improve the trailing image ghosting somewhat (requires V003 or newer firmware!!) by enabling blur reduction and THEN afterwards, setting AMA to high (if its on high already, move the slider back and forth). Any brightness or resolution or refresh rate or ANY strobe adjustments whatsoever done after doing this, will revert the AMA back to default.
And turning off monitor will revert too :D :D :D