can i do something more with my settings on xl2411z v4?

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
IceCube

Re: can i do something more with my settings on xl2411z v4?

Post by IceCube » 16 Apr 2016, 13:40

nope i just have a normal camera... :/

it looks like on your SS of alien invasion... the aliens are moving and "look like moving" ... so "blurry" ! is it cuz motion blur reduction is set to off?

i enabled it to test it and they were clean, sharp, crisp, and the picture "seems to be slower" and there was "2 ghostes behind the alien" ... in the version without BR there was only "1 very small ghost"

ingame there is every thing damn fine with your settings... i guess its just i never tested alien without BR ON... or???

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 16 Apr 2016, 14:10

Please read the main website for this site on how to take a pursuit camera picture. Any camera can take it.

IceCube

Post by IceCube » 16 Apr 2016, 14:23

Falkentyne wrote:Please read the main website for this site on how to take a pursuit camera picture. Any camera can take it.
it just looks exactly like your SS... i never used alien without BR till today, so i cant compare it... cause ingame its super fine, sharp and very smooth at all i just guess its cause Blur Reduction is set to off and i just didnt know the difference in alien invasion with on/off...

i see a difference in ghosting still! without BR and the bug its very nice!

it looks really EXACTLY like the aliens on your screenshot... the aliens are moving fast and smooth but seems a bit blurry ... when i enable BR for testing the difference, the picture seems to get slower and the aliens were no longer blurry.. but more ghosting ... thats just the Blur Reduction effect i believe... but the ghosting was way higher with BR on... i reseted everything like you mentioned in your settings :)

i dont have money to buy the equipment mentioned in the article sry, i am a student and need every penny :(

so what do u mean falkentyne?

/Edit

IceCube

Post by IceCube » 16 Apr 2016, 15:05

/edit post

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 16 Apr 2016, 15:26

Did you read the main website on what a pursuit camera is?

It's moving the camera at the same speed as the images are moving to keep the image in front of the camera lens at all times. That way it's like taking a still picture, while the monitor and room itself are the things that are moving.

Please read the main website. Chief blur buster wrote an article on this.

IceCube

Post by IceCube » 16 Apr 2016, 15:56

/double
Last edited by IceCube on 16 Apr 2016, 16:17, edited 1 time in total.

IceCube

Post by IceCube » 16 Apr 2016, 15:57

IceCube wrote:
Falkentyne wrote:Did you read the main website on what a pursuit camera is?

It's moving the camera at the same speed as the images are moving to keep the image in front of the camera lens at all times. That way it's like taking a still picture, while the monitor and room itself are the things that are moving.

but i need to order that slider and stuff from amazon which takes me days till delivering and money :/

could u just answer the question: does alien invasion look the same with and without BR excpet for the ghosting difference? do the aliens need to move and be sharp the same way? could u just test it on your own and tell me if u see a difference in behavior? cause i guess its normal the way it is on my screen cause blur reduction should "reduce the motion blur effect" ... without it it should be still there right? even with 144hz... !?
cause it should be working finde, because ingame everything is fine in CSGO

IceCube

Post by IceCube » 16 Apr 2016, 16:15

i found an example picture that looks exactly like my alien invasion after your "bug-settings"

-> pic: https://i.redditmedia.com/vObSTyRTtpSqH ... de16eb5211

it looks like the left one with 144hz synced on chrome, when i enable BR (in your settings it is set to off with the bug) it looks like the right... so i guess its only cuz of BR... right? or did i do something wrong with your settings? :)

sry falky for annyoing u :/

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 16 Apr 2016, 17:47

IceCube wrote:
IceCube wrote:
Falkentyne wrote:Did you read the main website on what a pursuit camera is?

but i need to order that slider and stuff from amazon which takes me days till delivering and money :/

could u just answer the question: does alien invasion look the same with and without BR excpet for the ghosting difference? do the aliens need to move and be sharp the same way? could u just test it on your own and tell me if u see a difference in behavior? cause i guess its normal the way it is on my screen cause blur reduction should "reduce the motion blur effect" ... without it it should be still there right? even with 144hz... !?
cause it should be working finde, because ingame everything is fine in CSGO
No they don't.
And it's very difficult to explain right now.
Note though:

"inverse ghosting" and "Normal ghosting" don't refer to blurriness in the image when I say that. It refers to the "overdrive artifacts". that's just what it's called. If it confuses you, I can call it "inverse coronas" and "Normal coronas".
Usually, "ghosting" is just streaking (e.g. a blurry image from not having blur reduction). You can have BOTH coronas AND ghosting at the same time.

With blur reduction OFF, if you toggle the AMA (this requires enabling blur reduction first, as I explained many times now in different posts, then SWITCHING profiles to disable blur reduction while keeping the AMA toggle, which is a firmware "bug" we are exploiting), blur reduction off+AMA "Low" will have MORE blurriness (ghosting) but FEWER overdrive artifacts.

Blur reduction ON, will have LESS blurriness (in fact the blurriness will be ZERO), but MORE overdrive artifacts--inverse ghosting if you do NOT toggle the AMA, and "normal" ghosting if you toggle the AMA (set AMA to high after enabling blur reduction, without changing profiles).

I can't really tell you anything else. You've asked me SOOO many questions. I've answered as MUCH as I can and you keep pushing. I mean what exactly do you want?

How do you think I found out all this stuff? By trying it myself, reading and asking *some* questions. Besides Chief and Masterotakus' hard work, everything else has been me taking time and sweat to figure how things worked. I'm going to leave you with these pictures and then you're on your own because I just can't do this anymore ok? These were taken with a normal regular camera, using it as a pursuit camera (which is ALSO DIFFICULT to do without getting it blurry).

These pictures apply to the XL2720Z ONLY. The "toggle" On the XL2420Z and XL2411Z work, but they don't reduce the "Inverse coronas" very much--only slightly.

1) 144hz, blur reduction off, Default AMA high, stock settings everyone would use if they don't know about the firmware bugs.
Notice that there is "blurriness" as well as "Inverse ghosting" aka inverse coronas.

2) 144hz, blur reduction off, AMA high bug switched from the "blur reduction on AMA toggle" by swapping profiles.

3) 120hz, Blur reduction ON, AMA high--default , note: CONTRAST is 43 (VT tweak 1500 active). low exposure time on camera.

4) 100hz, blur reduction ON, AMA *LOW*, contrast=43 (normal contrast), VT 1500 tweak active. normal exposure time.
Notice the normal ghosting instead of the inverse ghosting. Setting AMA to high after enabling blur reduction reduces the AMA and changes the inverse ghosting to normal ghosting.

5) 120hz, Blur reduction on, AMA *LOW*--note:" CONTRAST IS lowered to 10 (set AMA to high after enabling blur reduction).
Notice that dropping the contrast reduces the normal ghosting.

----------------
The above images apply to the XL2720Z. Take note of the "AMA toggle=normal ghosting" vs the inverse ghosting.
How it looks on the 2420Z and XL2411Z? Like this.

1) XL2411Z, XL2420Z, default blur reduction AMA high (not toggled). THIS IS NOT MY PICTURE.

2) xl2411z, xl2420z, setting AMA high after enabling blur reduction (AMA toggle): THIS IS NOT MY PICTURE.

To compare, XL2720Z would look like this instead, after toggling (AMA high after enabling MBR). This is my picture that's why it looks more blurry. I don't have a good enough camera.

This is all I can do for you.