Strobe Utility for other monitors

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
nefrusy

Strobe Utility for other monitors

Post by nefrusy » 03 May 2016, 13:35

Hey Chief, I have a quick question... is there something special about the BenQ monitors that made it easier/possible to write this strobe utility for them? Is there any possibility of writing a similar utility for ASUS and Acer monitors, for example? The reason I ask is, the PG279Q and XB270HU/XB271HU panels are capable of ULMB mode, but because they have IPS panels, the pixel transitions are on the slow side, and more strobe crosstalk is visible. On my XB271HU in particular, the strobe timing seems to exaggerate the effect, because the clearest position seems to be the top 1/3 rather than the midpoint of the screen.

Thanks!

nefrusy

Re: Strobe Utility for other monitors

Post by nefrusy » 05 May 2016, 08:28

I must love replying to myself... I've done it twice on these forums haha.

Anyway, after reading around more, it looks like the BenQ monitors have these strobe parameters accessible in the service menu, which is why it's possible to write a utility to change the settings.

My Acer XB271HU does not have anything like that as far as I can tell...

I wonder if someone like ToastyX could write a similar program to the LightBoost one, except this time for G-Sync and ULMB?

lexlazootin

Re: Strobe Utility for other monitors

Post by lexlazootin » 05 May 2016, 12:06

I do think you are right. The G-Sync Benq monitor "XL2420G" doesn't have a service menu in G-Sync mode so it doesn't work unless you switch it back to classic.

As a side note, why do some monitors take forever too boot? in G-Sync mode it's instant on/off. in classic mode it take AGES...

Because Chief might see this:

kekekkekekke :lol: