Sweet spot ?

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Falkentyne

Re: Sweet spot ?

Post by Falkentyne » 21 Jul 2016, 19:03

Calvin,
Your setting of "Strobe duty 005 and strobe phase 016" ONLY makes sense if you are running at 100hz or 120hz *WITHOUT* a vertical total tweak, or 144hz WITHOUT a VT tweak.

I just tested these settings.
WITHOUT a VT tweak, the screen is much too dark, and crosstalk covers the first three rectangles of UFO's (on test UFO alien invasion) and a less intense crosstalk at the last two bottom rectangles of UFO's. But the brightness is too dim for this to be useful.
Without a VT tweak (remember:WITHOUT), you get much better results and a brighter screen with Strobe duty -10 and strobe phase -10.

With a VT tweak, you should NEVER use a strobe phase of 016. With VT 1500 tweak at 100hz and 120hz, the crosstalk covers the first 7 complete rows of UFO rectangles, although the bottom has no crosstalk. The top of the screen has too much crosstalk to even be usable.

Let me ask you a question: do you know what strobe phase really does?
Do you know what you are calling "ghosting" by strobe phase is not ghosting at all?

Mess around with the strobe phase again, increasing it from 0 to 100.
Then watch the position of the UFO's where there is NO thick double image, above the "crosstalk (not ghosting, crosstalk)": field that moves when you change the strobe phase, and the below the crosstalk field. Notice the pixel position of the UFO's above and below that zone. Did you notice anything?

Actually, don't look at the UFO's. Look at the "red" vertical bar. Pay very close attention to the position of it as you change the strobephase up and down.

http://www.testufo.com/#test=photo&phot ... &height=-1

CalinTM

Post by CalinTM » 22 Jul 2016, 04:20

Im using 144hz without VT tweak. I dont want 120hz. I dont think VT works for 144hz too.

Also i bought this monitor because i had a XL2411T, and that one was hurting my eyes. This one has the low blue light. And i can mess with the strobe( strobe on default is at 20 duty), to make it brighter or lighter. My eyes don't like anymore brighter screens. Or the worst, IPS on full brightness.

Well, regarding strobe phase, yeah, i've looked at the red vertical bar, while increasing or decreasing the phase. While playing with strobe phase, that line of "ghosting" moves from up and down, i mean the thick double image. I called it ghosting because i didn't knew what it was.

So, bottom line, playing with phase, will never have the entire screen clear, it will always be 1-2 rows of aliens, either up or down, with that "ghosting" the strobe phase causes....

When i reset all settings the strobe duty is set on 20, and the phase on 100.

I will give it a shot duty at 10 (tho i think 8 will be great for me) and phase at 10.

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 22 Jul 2016, 14:30

Hi Calvin,
I think you're missing the point of what I'm saying.
I'm not talking about the ghosting area (this is called Crosstalk--see below please).

I'm talking about what happens ABOVE and BELOW the ghosting area.

i'll give you a hint:

Look at the vertical *position* of the red bars.
Notice anything?

The physical position of them on your monitor....

Once you understand this, THEN you will know EXACTLY why the ghosting happens in the first place.
(and it's not called ghosting. It's called Crosstalk).

CalinTM

Post by CalinTM » 24 Jul 2016, 14:30

Yeah, the crosstalk im talking about. So basically there is no sweet spot, i mean one edge of the screen, either up, or down, or little crosstalk on both up and down, i mean i could never get rid of it, only of the big crosstalk, double image thingy.

Q83Ia7ta

Post by Q83Ia7ta » 24 Jul 2016, 15:02

CalinTM wrote:Yeah, the crosstalk im talking about. So basically there is no sweet spot, i mean one edge of the screen, either up, or down, or little crosstalk on both up and down, i mean i could never get rid of it, only of the big crosstalk, double image thingy.
Just try regular 144Hz mode