Benq Xl2730Z Motion Blur

Adjusting BENQ Blur Reduction and DyAc (Dynamic Acceleration) including Blur Busters Strobe Utility. Supports most BenQ/Zowie Z-Series monitors (XL2411, XL2420, XL2720, XL2735, XL2540, XL2546)
Vibe361

Benq Xl2730Z Motion Blur

Post by Vibe361 » 31 Jul 2016, 10:30

Hello everyone,

just got my new XL2730Z and saw that theres a huge amount of motion blur even with blur reduction on. I tried out Strobelight ( maybe i did somehting wrong ) but a had same amount of blur than before. If any of you got an idea how to reduce motion blur or if maybe the panel is the problem let me know.

thanks for any answers

Vibe :D

Falkentyne

Re: Benq Xl2730Z Motion Blur

Post by Falkentyne » 31 Jul 2016, 18:15

Strobelight is for Lightboost monitors to activate Lightboost mode and the XL2730Z does not support Lightboost and the previous Z series monitors did not work with strobelight (you had to use the 3d vision 2 drivers instead and an Nvidia card to activate it with another workaround).

XL2730Z's blur reduction is bugged.
It does not work at 100hz whatsoever and 60hz strobes at double strobe (120hz rates).

Intensity changes the amount of blur reduction
(I believe HIGHER intensity=MORE blur reduction effect, on the older Z series monitors, this was caused Strobe Duty, and it was lower strobe duty=more blur reduction (but dimmer screen), except in some cases when you used a Vertical Total (VT) tweak to reduce the strobe crosstalk and then RAISED the strobe *PHASE* to a point where the brightness started decreasing (meaning strobe duty was being automatically reduced).

Area changes the position of the strobe crosstalk. I *BELIEVE* Area=100 has 1 frame of input lag LESS (meaning, faster) than Area-000, but you will have more crosstalk at the bottom of the screen with Area=100.

Vega

Post by Vega » 04 Aug 2016, 22:07

Falk you gonna get the new XL2735Z? I'm really curious to know what they changed...

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 05 Aug 2016, 02:38

Sorry Vega.
I'm pretty much homeless right now. On section 8, metal bar in my spine (since age 13 but its causing serious swelling and issues now that I'm much older), can't find a place to rent at ALL because so few management companies accept section 8, and if anything ever comes up sometimes, it's gone instantly. I can't do anything with new hardware at the moment.

Im in the office of my mother's house, as she has no room for me. Trying to find new apartments every day before the 24th (final voucher expiration date). Sorry for turning this into a QQ thread but hey...

This is the punishment I get for being a Chess Master with a very high natural intelligence, and severe emotional retardation and an autism spectrum disorder (more like an 8 year old). If I'm stable, I was shown to be "gifted". But if something happens... :(

I'll be looking at other people's reviews of this monitor. I want to know if Benq did something about more refresh rates for blur reduction and reducing crosstalk.......

spacediver

Post by spacediver » 05 Aug 2016, 14:07

Falk, sorry to hear about your situation. Hope you find stability soon :)

What's your chess rating?

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 05 Aug 2016, 17:20

Doesn't mean much but back from 1995:

spacediver

Post by spacediver » 05 Aug 2016, 18:28

Nice, that's a good achievement for sure. Top 1 percent from what I understand.

Many years ago I read a fascinating book about chess. Was more about the history of the game, rather than a technical analysis. There was one very interesting chapter on the relationship between schizophrenia and chess - the idea that the best chess players have to become so paranoid in order to anticipate moves, that it creeps into their regular mental life.

WIsh I could remember the name - it had a blue cover I think.

lexlazootin

Post by lexlazootin » 05 Aug 2016, 21:40

I remember trying to learn chess once, it was WAY to hard to keep up. :lol:

All the love to you Falkentyne, i hope you get better!

Falkentyne

Post by Falkentyne » 05 Aug 2016, 22:04

Thank you. Personally I'll be ok as long as I'm alive. The problem is I need people to accept apartment applications (using section 8 vouchers) instead of accepting OTHER applicants all the time. That's something I have no control over, especially when many management companies stopped accepting section 8, when six years ago, a lot more places accepted it.

My disability is permanent. That won't get better. I just need a stable place to rent so I can go back and FOCUS on my chess and competitive PC gaming and street fighter 5. I don't play well unless I can focus and use my energy on 1 task, without distractions, and stress from not having a place to live, possibly being out on the street or winding up dying from no shelter (or getting your precious monitors and hardware stolen, man...) prevents me from doing well at anything. And yes, I'm always thinking about "what if's" just like that book describes about chess and schizophrenia.

It's frustrating. And rage inducing.
You can control how many apartments you apply or ASK for application if they accept S8 (MOST don't). You can NOT control who ACCEPTS you. Which means ...you know.....

And furthermore, I have to find one BEFORE August 24th or my voucher is past its FINAL Expiration date and NO more extensions, and then I'm...well...completely, utterly screwed.

I may have the reflexes, intelligence and reaction time of a typical 21 year old, but would any random college student actually share a room with a 44 year old adult, no matter how good he was at a Video game, Overwatch, Street Fighter 5, or Chess? If I were 18 again, would *I* do it? No I wouldn't...(unless I was in love with that person).

spacediver

Post by spacediver » 05 Aug 2016, 22:36

I looked up the Section 8 stuff (had never heard of it). From what I could tell (and the descriptions weren't very clear, as per usual with this sort of thing), it's a subsidy program of sorts? I don't understand why a building would have to give consent. Isn't the gov't covering the remainder of the rent if you have the voucher? Why does the building care? They get the money either way, no?